PDA

View Full Version : PSP Hacks Homebrew Comp

wraggster
March 2nd, 2007, 07:31
The PSP Hacks website is having their first Homebrew coding comp, heres the rules/info:

Must be your own homebrew. No improving or updating other people's homebrew.
Must start from scratch. Must not be something that you made a while back. If it was posted somewhere else already, it doesn't count.
No copying other people's work. At the end of the competition, you must either post your source code with your homebrew or you may just pm any mod or admin with your source code if you do not want your code to be public for everyone.
You may post your Homebrew for feedback and you can continue to improve your work up until April 29, 2007 when the competition ends
Can be either a game or application that runs on the PSP
If you are creating an application for the PSP, the application must be in EBOOT form in order for it to be entered in the competition.
No Lua!
Must not enter your homebrew in another competition while entering in this competition. If you enter your homebrew in this competition, then it must not be entered in another site's competition.
Must implement one of the splash screens created by ...SHAD0W... into your homebrew entry

Heres the prizes:

Modded PS2 with the DMS4 pro mod chip and a 80 gig hard drive inside plus an internet adapter added on the back of the PS2.
Neuros MPEG-4 Recorder
Non-modded PS2
New DMS4 pro modchip for the PS2 versions 1-10
PS2 game Star Wars Battlefront II
PS2 game Battlestar Galactica
PS2 game Front Mission 4
Free month of Premium Rapidshare account. (Donated by Calo)

More Info (http://www.psp-hacks.com/2007/02/27/psp-hacks-homebrew-competition/)

StealthCP
March 2nd, 2007, 12:44
Oh, I so wish I'd read more of that C++ book now... still at page 9, after 9 months :D

I'm wondering what version the pre-modded PS2 is, mine is a V5 so that's why I've not bothered to get a modchip, due to no DVD-/+R/RW access :( Anyway, enough banter :p

Good luck to all entrants! Hopefully we will get to see some really good new software! :)