PDA

View Full Version : Windows Vista PSP

pspgamer15
March 2nd, 2007, 23:17
Here it is my first build of Windows Vista for the PSP. You can change the wallpaper in the game and if you quit and play the game again it will remember the wallpaper you chose. This is a shell. All you can do is use usb mode, browse your memory stick. Delete stuff off your stick while in game. and change your wallpaper.

http://i18.tinypic.com/30if87a.jpg

Don't worry I am pspman16

Download (http://www.sendspace.com/file/z2srkp)

ICE
March 2nd, 2007, 23:35
cool. it'd be sweet to be able to boot homebrew from icons or boot homebrew from a start menu or something. like having an internet explorer icon that boots links browser.

pspgamer15
March 2nd, 2007, 23:43
You can run lua games in this shell. Go start, games. and select one and press X. Make sure you have the lua files placed in the Games folder in the "__SCE__Windows Vista/Windows Vista" folder

DarthPaul
March 2nd, 2007, 23:44
Wow looks very sweet. And theICE_MAN...your idea is great.

ICE
March 2nd, 2007, 23:45
is a lua player built in? if you can do the stuff i mention in a later release i would have this set to boot on startup.

pt9087
March 2nd, 2007, 23:49
Very nice. any bugs?

S34MU5
March 2nd, 2007, 23:52
looks all sweet!,

but you need to get a better looking pointer, and a high res pic of the start bar :p

tabs on start bad would be cool to.

ICE
March 2nd, 2007, 23:57
all we need is eboot support and ability to create icons for booting said eboots.

Cokemusic
March 3rd, 2007, 00:09
Great idea .

pspgamer15
March 3rd, 2007, 00:34
there was an eboot included so you didn't need lua player and could start it from the XMB. You can make this boot on start up, but lua has no support for execution of .pbp files.

--theICE_MAN
I love the idea, infact i was going to do that! But there is no eboot support for lua as eboots are coded in C++ and this is coded in lua. I read that someone tried to get support and there is similarities in the code, but there is nothing released yet. I tried to write a browser in lua, but need help w/ Wlan stuff. If anyone knows Wlan or how to make lua boot eboots I would be happy to incorporate a web browser into this.

--pt9087
I've tested this over and over again. I can assure you there is no bugs. The trash icon doesn't do anything yet(but that's not a bug)

Buddy4point0
March 3rd, 2007, 01:31
good idea but that sucks you cant boot pbp files

siulmagic
March 3rd, 2007, 01:32
yea im loving this

pspgamer15
March 3rd, 2007, 01:53
thnx every1 plz give ideas so i can improve this!

chrono75
March 3rd, 2007, 02:05
: /

ICE
March 3rd, 2007, 02:27
i wouldnt worry about booting eboots just yet. just allow the execution of lua script via icons and that'd be a great next release in its self.

pspgamer15
March 3rd, 2007, 02:41
UPDATE!
I figured out how to exit to XMB. now you don't have to press home to exit, it will exit for you! I'll also work on icons for execution of lua script, but I can't include other ppls work w/ my prj which is why i made it so you can get whatever game you want and load that. so maybe someone could explain like do you want Lowser where it was a file called icon and that would be used on the desktop. Actually that sound pretty cool!

IM back!
March 3rd, 2007, 02:47
nice, but of cors more fetshurs wold be nice

Squidman
March 3rd, 2007, 03:06
on boot it thinks my name is "jpn0.pgf".....and it crashes and says it can't find "windows.lua" when i was just looking at said file in the file browser....especially after you attempt to delete something

pspgamer15
March 3rd, 2007, 03:29
--Squidman
the jpn0.pgf could be the fact that if you ever did that japaneese font deletion thing. Since the name is read from the flash of the PSP. if you edited the file then it would read wrong. Also please tell me what file you attempted to delete. If it was a file that is needed for the game then it will do that! Also please tell me what you were doing right before the game crashed with the windows.lua not found error

ICE
March 3rd, 2007, 03:33
UPDATE!
I figured out how to exit to XMB. now you don't have to press home to exit, it will exit for you! I'll also work on icons for execution of lua script, but I can't include other ppls work w/ my prj which is why i made it so you can get whatever game you want and load that. so maybe someone could explain like do you want Lowser where it was a file called icon and that would be used on the desktop. Actually that sound pretty cool!

ok here's my suggestion worded better and explained: lets say you have lua script A and icon A. i want clicking icon A to boot script A. im not sure of the best route for doing this but it would be nice to have a configuration type file so you could define what each icon should boot. so you can tell icon A to boot script A, B, or whatever you want as long as its in lua. for now an icon booting a menu listing the lua scripts available would be suffice.

pspgamer15
March 3rd, 2007, 04:11
this is a quick idea of how i think it would work.

Games need to be placed in numbered folders in the Games folder. (1...2...3 etc.) It will read the icon.png file in the numbered folder and print that pic on desktop. (First icon is from folder 1, 2nd icon from folder 2, etc.)First icon on desktop will always run what ever script is in folder 1 under Games. Have a transparent icon.png in folder. When they place a game in there they just replace the transparent icon w/ the icon for the game.

ICE
March 3rd, 2007, 04:18
this is a quick idea of how i think it would work.

Games need to be placed in numbered folders in the Games folder. (1...2...3 etc.) It will read the icon.png file in the numbered folder and print that pic on desktop. (First icon is from folder 1, 2nd icon from folder 2, etc.)First icon on desktop will always run what ever script is in folder 1 under Games. Have a transparent icon.png in folder. When they place a game in there they just replace the transparent icon w/ the icon for the game.

sweet idea. that sounds good to me. cant wait for the next release.

pspgamer15
March 3rd, 2007, 04:32
next release should be tomorrow (Saturday) as the icon thing wont take long to do! any other ideas would be helpful

ICE
March 3rd, 2007, 04:42
right now after you implement the icon booting lua script all i would worry about is finding a way to boot and eboot. once thats figured out all the other things i wuold want are already there in eboot form. media players, web browsers, games... its all there.

jonttu
March 3rd, 2007, 06:29
Hmm I've been looking for someone to develop a vista shell. Pspgamer If you wanted me to I could make the graphics for it, etc. Start bars, windows, - to buttons ( plz don't say no, I've already started :,[ ) I have no skills in coding, but I do Clutter up a nice P-Shop pic every now and then.

-Xandu-
March 3rd, 2007, 08:18
So that's just "Lowser" with new backgrounds?

idan6767
March 3rd, 2007, 08:26
is it can damge my psp?

idan6767
March 3rd, 2007, 09:47
ok .

i edit the icons , windows , cursor , boot window , start button and more

click here (http://rapidshare.com/files/19156789/Winvistapro.rar) to download

jaws365
March 3rd, 2007, 11:37
Since I updated to 3.x OE my wallpaper won´t save...

I know this is off-topic, but do anyone know how to solve this?

pspgamer15
March 3rd, 2007, 13:23
The wallpapers are in game and not the PSP's wallpapers. This is like Lowser, none of the code was taken from Lowser.

--jonttu
If you could link to them so I could see what they look like then that would help.

--idan6767
no it can't damage your PSP. It does have a chance of damaging your memory stick since you could delete a important file and then brick your memory stick. also thnx for the icons im looking at them now.

jonttu
March 3rd, 2007, 16:46
Well this is what I did last night, didn't have much time, but take a look Here (http://www.mediafire.com/?bbhxbm2imyo)
You would Probably have to do some recoding to make them fit. I think it would be a good Idea to stay with actual pixel sizes, than making the taskbar small and distorted. So tell me what you think.

pspgamer15
March 3rd, 2007, 17:27
thnx jonttu i'll use you start bar, but idan6767 gave me some nice windows and a boot screen. I've been working on the shortcuts to games on the desktop. I should have a pic of the new stuff later today!

jonttu
March 3rd, 2007, 19:41
well, if you need icons I have a huge spreadsheet of Vista Icons that I could convert. Here just circle the ones you want me to make into icons.
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/3520/vista256eq1.th.jpg (http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=vista256eq1.jpg)

idan6767
March 3rd, 2007, 22:33
very nice

pspgamer15
March 3rd, 2007, 23:03
Im having problem with the game right now so the next release might not happen for a while, sorry

(o Y o)
March 4th, 2007, 00:01
nice

jonttu
March 4th, 2007, 00:18
Hey don't worry about it, just take your time, we have patience. Well while your developing, Heres (http://www.mediafire.com/?fnjn2ljxjgg) volume 2 of of the my vista graphics.

Buddy4point0
March 4th, 2007, 00:19
haha ( o Y o ) your names tittys lol

pspgamer15
March 4th, 2007, 01:32
--jonttu
thnx 4 the new pack.

Right now I'm working on getting it so you can have a gamer pic. Like when you press start and you see that pic next 2 ur name. The only downfall of the icons on the desktop is that I have to set how many are aloud. right now there is a limit of 11. if any1 thinks there should be more plz say how many. The icons r working and so is everyhing else it's just that stupid gamer pic! Im not dropping it as I see that having it would add to the Windows feel.

jonttu
March 4th, 2007, 01:50
pspgamer do you have aim, msn messenger, myspace im, or any kind of instant messenger I can reach you with?

kiore
March 4th, 2007, 05:06
looks nice

jonttu
March 4th, 2007, 06:21
This is what I think it will look like later on:
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/139/possiblefuturept4.png
Probably not accurate, so don't get your hopes up.

pspgamer15
March 4th, 2007, 14:03
i have yahoo IM. that pic is pretty close. I have to go on a trip so i cant work on this to much. it should be released some time this week. Here are the most recent pics.

--New Boot img
http://i15.tinypic.com/2uj07z8.png
(Your username will still be displayed i just couldn't get an in game image of it)

--Desktop
http://i17.tinypic.com/2hrz7ue.png
(The folder icons are temporary and can be changed at any time by the user.)

--Desktop w/ startmenu
http://i2.tinypic.com/2w7g2ec.png
(again you can change the gamerpic, it doesn't have to be gears of war)

--Window
http://i16.tinypic.com/2zp71bk.png

There you go. So far this is what it looks like

Sorry jonttu, the only thing im using of your is the box around the gamer pic. The rest is idan6767

UPDATE!
I got the gamerpic problem solved so it will only be a short while as i have found out i need to create a config file so when you don't have an icon on the desktop but you accidentally click on that area. It doesn't give you an error of script file cant be found.

Gh0ztx
March 4th, 2007, 18:17
hmm

Gh0ztx
March 4th, 2007, 18:21
bit laggy dont you think ?

-Xandu-
March 4th, 2007, 19:01
Gh0ztx, why the double post?

pspgamer, take off the Windows logo and the "Windows" off your project..

jonttu
March 4th, 2007, 19:45
well just get into contact with me and I can cleanly resize everything like from the start bar to folder icons to the gamer pic box, all I needed was a reference to know about what size they should be. thx

jonttu
March 4th, 2007, 21:17
Here I'm going to post just a couple things that might help you.

Gh0ztx
March 4th, 2007, 21:23
jonttu , im working on a psp vista lua app as well , though mine isnt as slow as his is , is there a reason ?

jonttu
March 4th, 2007, 22:18
To be honest I don't know, I'm guessing it may be a more stable build, or has less key directories, or it's just mapped differently to work better in Lua.

jonttu
March 4th, 2007, 22:29
Heres (http://www.mediafire.com/?6ygmmtfzjww) a helper pspman16.

Gh0ztx
March 5th, 2007, 02:33
jonttu , my vista psp is coming out smoothly , only bad thing is , i need a bootup sound , im gonna ask pspgamer15 to use his =) if he lets me ill include his name in credits

jonttu
March 5th, 2007, 03:03
jonttu , my vista psp is coming out smoothly , only bad thing is , i need a bootup sound , im gonna ask pspgamer15 to use his =) if he lets me ill include his name in credits
Well, since it looks like pspman doesn't need my help. Gh0ztx do you need anything, ex. windows, start bar, taskbar.... anything?

pspgamer15
March 5th, 2007, 04:52
sorry I was gone all day.

--jonttu
thnx 4 the help, but i was gone all day so that is why i couldn't respond.
The size of the windows and boot screen and wallpaper are all 480x272
The size of the gamer pic is 50x49
The size of the startbar is 480x23
The size of the startbox is 152x245
The size of the desktop icons is 40x49
The size of the shutdown box is 233x148

--Gh0ztx
The only reason that my program is slow is because it loads a lot of files. For it to remember your gamerpic and wallpaper it has to read and run those lua files while it is running the windows file. I know that if i make it load all the files needed at the boot screen the lag would be gone. I would like to see your prj b4 i want my name on it.

--Xandu
Can i atleast leave the logo on the startbar

-Xandu-
March 5th, 2007, 04:59
pspgamer, sure, but don't come back to me when Microsoft sues you :p.

pspgamer15
March 5th, 2007, 05:10
Here is the latest release of Vista PSP. THERE IS NO LAG! The gamerpics work. THERE ARE STILL BUGS! plz dont respond a hundred times telling me that.

Download (http://www.sendspace.com/file/zoqcw1)

--jonttu
since you are making the imgs for the game could you PLZ come up w/ a creative way to remove the "Windows" name and the windows logo so i don't get sued.

jonttu
March 5th, 2007, 07:36
--jonttu
since you are making the imgs for the game could you PLZ come up w/ a creative way to remove the "Windows" name and the windows logo so i don't get sued.

Sure, but you will have to think of a name for this shell.

pspgamer15
March 5th, 2007, 12:48
How about Lindows.

Gh0ztx
March 5th, 2007, 20:31
jonttu , i actualy need ALOT of help on graphics , i got the basic mouse movement with selecting icons (got desktop icons working) i got startmenu with icons shutdown smoothly , games , i got alot working like ALOT

pspgamer15
March 5th, 2007, 20:55
--Gh0ztx

Why do we have 2 be competing? i mean plz just let me have this prj. I know u have every right to do this but i started it so let me work with it. I dont go to someone else and say thats kool but im going to do better so i'll make one like yours but BETTER!

-Xandu-
March 5th, 2007, 20:57
BTW, if you need to update your shell, feel free to use my updateLib, linked in the signature.

For those who don't know, updateLib automatically connects to the internet and downloads the latest update for your program/game.

jonttu
March 5th, 2007, 21:45
pspgamer15, gh0ztx,
lol, why don't you two work together? mix and match your ideas, there could be something the other knows that you don't or vice-versa

pspgamer15
March 5th, 2007, 22:15
--jonttu
Im thinking maybe that or I release what I want and he releases what he wants. He has never really talked to me.

UPDATE

--jonttu
Alright I've incorporated your tabs so when a window is open it's tab appears in the taskbar. I'm using all of your gamerpics also. I will be including your folder icons too. This is almost done it's just getting the config file for the icons to work

Gh0ztx
March 5th, 2007, 22:55
--Gh0ztx

Why do we have 2 be competing? i mean plz just let me have this prj. I know u have every right to do this but i started it so let me work with it. I dont go to someone else and say thats kool but im going to do better so i'll make one like yours but BETTER!

um first off , i pmed you asked if i can join in in making this , you never pmed me back , second off i didnt say that , i was wondering why ur game was laggy as hell because mine isnt , the codeing is fundementally the same ..

Gh0ztx
March 5th, 2007, 22:57
pspgamer15, i just need permission to use you're boot sound in my shell , you WILL be credited , and jonttu if you dont mind can i use some of those graphics , they are amazingly good

Buddy4point0
March 5th, 2007, 23:09
this sounds like version 2 will be awsome

Gh0ztx
March 5th, 2007, 23:16
I guess not =\

pspgamer15
March 5th, 2007, 23:33
um first off , i pmed you asked if i can join in in making this , you never pmed me back , second off i didnt say that , i was wondering why ur game was laggy as hell because mine isnt , the codeing is fundementally the same ..

sorry, but i would love it if we could team up since idk any c++ and that would help in running eboots. also if you look mine isn't laggy anymore, it was laggy because i had it loading alot in the windows.lua file. when you closed a window in the game it would run the windows.lua file again and reload all the variables

Gh0ztx
March 6th, 2007, 00:23
No offence, it still it half the speed of mine =\ mine is PERFECT fps , let me finish up file browsing and ill compile it and send you a copy , do u have AIM ?

pspgamer15
March 6th, 2007, 00:55
--Gh0ztx
That is still an early 1 it is a little better now.
I have Yahoo IM i would like a copy is it in lua? can i help more than just giving u the sounds i want 2 be involved in coding

Gh0ztx
March 6th, 2007, 01:05
oh god yes =) i need a file browser , for my computer , so that it browses , and it always ses what directory it is in , im gonna use you're gamer pic code if thats okay with you ? im gonna use ur background code also , and hopefully well have a working one by tommorow to release it , sorry im a bit protective of my scripts , after i release a beta release WITH your name as a CODER in the credits , i will send you a De-Compiled version .

Thank you
Gh0ztx

jonttu
March 6th, 2007, 01:16
pspgamer15, i just need permission to use you're boot sound in my shell , you WILL be credited , and jonttu if you dont mind can i use some of those graphics , they are amazingly good

Sure go ahead

Gh0ztx
March 6th, 2007, 01:18
Froget the Browser , i got a SICK working one , scrolling shows the address and all

Gh0ztx
March 6th, 2007, 01:18
so now its all 3 of us working together =) perfect we can get a nice shell now

jonttu
March 6th, 2007, 01:32
so now its all 3 of us working together =) perfect we can get a nice shell now "Yoohoo!" hmm, yeah thats the expression... Well anyways, just tell me what you need and I'll make a graphic for it.
What we need to do is get into an instant message chat room.

pspgamer15
March 6th, 2007, 01:43
use all the code u need! i just got upset because i thought u were going to label me as just contributing the sound. This is going to be awsome! I would still like to see a beta just so i know how different urs is.

Gh0ztx
March 6th, 2007, 01:43
Yeh , jonttu and gamer , do u guys know how to work IRC ? if you do go onto the EFNET server and we can meet in a room?

Gh0ztx
March 6th, 2007, 01:44
if you guys please , ill upload a beta =) but the code is compiled so far

pspgamer15
March 6th, 2007, 01:44
i'll try, that's fine i just wnat to see ur work

pspgamer15
March 6th, 2007, 01:48
what do i do once im in the EFNET server

Gh0ztx
March 6th, 2007, 01:58
join #Gh0ztx

Gh0ztx
March 6th, 2007, 02:04
? go to the dcemu chat client , or use mirc go to efnet server , type in /join #gh0ztx

ICE
March 6th, 2007, 02:37
everyone stop double posting. just hit edit.

jonttu
March 6th, 2007, 04:22
Heres A link to the Icons in 30x30, Sorry there aren't too many useful ones. Well at Least I don't think so, but you decide. Sendspace = Here (http://www.sendspace.com/file/lx0ea1) or Mediafire Mirror = Here (http://www.mediafire.com/?35tjhyxoynj)
Oh and also I'm going to start ripping bitmaps from a vista skin for XP.

Gh0ztx
March 6th, 2007, 19:44
jonttu , we need vista backgrounds 480X272 that are in .PNG format

kifac
March 10th, 2007, 00:31
hey guys i read all ur discussions

im having problems putting it on my psp
plz tell me da directios
im confused with the GAME150

thx

supafreake
March 12th, 2007, 08:09
Try Putting it in GAME. I had both folders too and was told to use the 150 folder but it never worked for me but the GAME works fine.

rich_27
May 29th, 2007, 10:17
hey pspgamer did a final version ever get released all i found was a file by pspman16 on qj.net

HumanIce
May 29th, 2007, 11:53
http://i18.tinypic.com/30if87a.jpg
that.. seems kinda crappy, you need to fix few things as i can see on this image but it looks kinda sweet.
EDIT: wait.. this topic is kinda old, did you make a newer version?
the other member 1 post up brought this topic back, not me

Prasoc
May 29th, 2007, 22:49
hes released another version around page 4-5 if you read it. it looks much better

rich_27
May 30th, 2007, 10:03
pg 4-5 link said it was not on the fileshare website, and did they just drop the project in the end?

gorkagb_89
May 30th, 2007, 14:40
this project looked great. why have they leave it? will they release any new version? i hope so

samir5421
October 18th, 2007, 03:12
i can't download it. the file isn't there any more

kryst abegnalie
October 18th, 2007, 04:35
i can't download it. the file isn't there any more

Its because file sharing sites sometimes automatically deletes the files if not been active for a month or so, so maybe the file was deleted. I haven't tested the apps, wish they give the new link..

monaqureshi
October 19th, 2007, 23:30
Very nice. any bugs?

How do i install themes in my 3.03 psp?

im new

monaqureshi
October 19th, 2007, 23:31
3.52 M33 Installer: HERE

Update 4 Update 3
Update 2

3.40 OE Installer: HERE
1.5 Recovery Files: HERE

Themes:

3.5x M33 Theme Pack: HERE
EvolveXmb

How do i install themes in my 3.03 psp?

im new

carlitx
October 20th, 2007, 16:15
i hope it isn't as crappy as actual vista lol. good job though looks nice keep it up and try and make it a real good shell that can do all kinds of stuff. who knows you may actually make a vista better than Microsoft....although from what you have done so far it looks 200000000000 times better than vista right now! lol.