PDA

View Full Version : i really need to know this...please

madcupid
March 3rd, 2007, 03:57
ok, so im new to the lua/programming/releasing/coding world and just wanted to know if i could use brand names such as nike, adidas, puma, etc in my game. For example i wanted to put a picture of soccer jersey and a soccer ball from nike or other brands as well. Well, i dont know if that would be considered using copyright material illegally or something. The last thing i want is trouble of any kind especially when it involves the homebrew community. Can someone please help???

also, how do i go about releasing the game...its a lua game ive been workng on and itll be my first time!! thanks

psiko_scweek
March 3rd, 2007, 15:20
technically you are not allowed to use copyrighted material including logos and brand names.

But, if you were to use logos and such in your LUA game, more than likely it wont cause any problems.

You should, however, get used to NOT using anyone else copyrighted material in your games.

SSaxdude
March 3rd, 2007, 16:23
Nobody's going to get mad, I mean Zion made a homebrew game that was basically a new Zelda.

jak66
March 3rd, 2007, 16:26
if anything, the companies get free advertising

jonezybaby
March 3rd, 2007, 21:29
amen!! every1 loves freebes!

madcupid
March 3rd, 2007, 21:34
thanks a lot guys...im gonna go ahead and used it then and the game itself you might like it...thank you again...just one more question, actually two...how do i release it... i read something about being hosted or something...??? and does lua have ad hoc support???