PDA

View Full Version : network connetion settings wont save w/ devhook

Dispenser
March 3rd, 2007, 11:37
I have firmware 1.5 with devhook. My question is why when I use devhook to load up firmware 3.1 and then make a connection for the internet it doesn't save that information for the next time I want to run it.

If anyone could shed some light it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
PEZ

Triv1um
March 3rd, 2007, 12:07
Ive never actually used Devhook, but it sounds like its the programs fault.

Maybe consider running Custom Firmware?

Dispenser
March 3rd, 2007, 19:26
but will custom firmware allow me to still run all my old 1.5 homebrew?

Shrygue
March 3rd, 2007, 19:54
Yes, along with being able to run the latest commercial games.

xg917
March 3rd, 2007, 20:21
i dont know what is wrong here, i think its devhook in my opinion. i used to use it but i havent used the latest version.

3.XX custom Firmware by DAX:
-all homebrew enabled
-ps1 games supported
-able to run all commercial games
-able to change speed of psp in game and in xmb
-able to edit flash0 through recovery mode
-if psp bricks, you can recover back to 1.50 or use a different method in recovery mode

i can keep going on. you should update to a custom firmware. 3.03 OE C if u like flashing/customizing your psp. 3.10 OE A if you arent very fond of flashing things.

Dispenser
March 3rd, 2007, 22:37
thank you xg917. What are the advantages of 3.10 custom? Just that it's the latest?

Gene
March 3rd, 2007, 23:18
thank you xg917. What are the advantages of 3.10 custom? Just that it's the latest?

Use 3.03oe-C

It's the best in terms of compatability and you will be able to do all the same things as 3.10oe-A' pretty much.

also you can run all your homebrew that you run on 1.5. and you can also play your old ps1 games if you convert them.
It's very convienient because it has recovery mode and flash usb which is a bit dangerous if you don't know what you are doing.

but yeah 3.03oe-C is the best and safest firmware.

xg917
March 3rd, 2007, 23:48
"Use 3.03oe-C, It's the best in terms of compatability"
if you mean compatibility of flashing custom stuff? then yes it is

"but yeah 3.03oe-C is the best and safest firmware."
well what you just said is a little bit inacurate..
where did you get that from? it only has a chance of bricking if you do something wrong, and both are easy to install.

3.03 OE-C is the best for customizing your psp
3.10 OE-A has better compatibility for psx/ps1 games and supports PAL version of psx/ps1 games

thats the only difference between the 2 custom firmwares

Dispenser
March 4th, 2007, 00:26
So does 3.03 have better compatibility with homebrew or something because I went ahead for the 3.10 and now quake and doom (shareware of course) wont load. My PSP just turns off.

xg917
March 4th, 2007, 00:35
3.10 SONY VERSION??????????

if u went to OE version then you are ok. and
to run homebrew you need to make a folder
x:/PSP/GAME150 <-put ur homebrew in that folder.

and no, 3.03 and 3.10 have the same compatibility. i already explained the difference between the 2 versions, in my above post

Dispenser
March 4th, 2007, 01:05
no, not sony, I used the OE. I also made a GAME150 folder and it neither doom or quake will run. nesterj will though. but not doom or quake, and I love my FPS.

:pez