PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy a Sega Saturn?

Grimgravy014
April 23rd, 2005, 22:10
I was on Amazon.com and I saw a Saturn console on sale for $40 dollars.Is this a good deal?Also I was wondering what are the essential items I need to enjoy myself? This can also include games I should pick up.They were also selling a action replay/memory card/RAM increaser (or at least I think it was to increase your RAM).

Darksaviour69
April 25th, 2005, 13:04
the ram only worked for some game (some jap street fighter games) that cameout at the end of the console life, so not much point getting that. a memory card might be a good idea because when the battery inside the saturn runs out the saves in the internal memory gets wiped.

good games... NiGHTS, SWWS, panzer dragoon (saga is the best) duke nukem 3d, sega rally, virtual fight 2, fighters Megamix, Baku Baku Animal, Athlete Kings, Burning Rangers, shinning force 3, Guardian Heroes, Sonic R, sonic jam, wipeout 2097.... just a few on the top of my head

ptr.exe
April 25th, 2005, 16:11
Ive been contemplating getting a saturn for a while but the games seem a little expensive for a but of retro dabbling, but $40 sounds about the most you'd wanna pay for a console on its own, they go for £20 near me.

Zherae
April 25th, 2005, 18:36
25 Euros is the average in here if you like 2D games its a must.

Grimgravy014
April 30th, 2005, 04:25
ok good to know thanks!!!