PDA

View Full Version : Do PSX games for PSP come as EBOOTS?

sonikku88
March 4th, 2007, 02:08
I know it's a noobish question, but I'm not sure. I always assumed they'd come as PSX rom files and you have an emulator to run it on your PSP. The reason I ask this is because I downloaded what I thought was a PSX game but it was actually an EBOOT. It's 539MB which is more-or-less the size of a PSX game.

Sorry if this question is against the rules of rom talk and stuff, but I need to know just in case it's something harmful.

Heero808
March 4th, 2007, 03:41
YOU A PIRATE. but you put it in a new folder in the game folder on 3.XX kernel. YOU A PIRATE:mad:

I don't think you're supposed to talk about that but dam you downloaded its your problem

hodgy47
March 4th, 2007, 11:58
I think you should change your screen name to Jack Sparrow LOL (you pirate) You need to put the eboot in the treasure chest on the black pearl it should work fine LOL

gdf
March 4th, 2007, 13:48
right, time to clean this mess up. You downloaded an eboot, yes this is the format ps1 games have to be in to put them on your psp, BUT you are supposed to rip your OWN games to iso, then convert them using popstation. once you have done this put them in the GAME folder with keys.bin and run them off the memstick. you must be on 3.02-1 OE to do this, but downloading games is illegal. only use games that you have ripped and converted yourself and don't share them.

sonikku88
March 4th, 2007, 14:42
Thanks a lot for the advice, guys.

Or in pirate talk: Thank ye for the help, me harties. Yarrr! :D

Shadowblind
March 4th, 2007, 14:47
lol, pirate

Just remember: After you rip(not DL) the game from the disk you gotta run it through Popstation. Heres a warning though, Popstation is an *** to use... That should create an EBOOT file for the game. But indeed, dont DL it or you'll have goverment agents flyin all over your house :)

acn010
March 4th, 2007, 14:52
shut up guys, lol, you all do it too so stop the crap, even i download games that i have because im too lazy to convert them into eboots :P

Gold Line
March 4th, 2007, 14:54
bad acn010

acn010
March 4th, 2007, 14:59
be honest man, the only thing that stop the talk is the rules of the site, i have a vast collection of psx and ps2 in my house and i can prove it to you......
taking a game that you don't have is wrong and besides that, what happeneds if one game cd brakes, you'll cry sob and go on with your life but people don't realize that threres always back up....
its the circle of life my man... stick with it and the world is harsh

hodgy47
March 4th, 2007, 16:26
Thanks a lot for the advice, guys.

Or in pirate talk: Thank ye for the help, me harties. Yarrr! :D

Nice one its good see a sense of humour in these forums.
Regards
Black Beard

DPyro
March 4th, 2007, 16:31
No more pirate talk :mad: