PDA

View Full Version : xmb and fw problem plz help

wataloser
March 4th, 2007, 08:31
I downloaded a xmb because i thought it looked cool, but i have no idea how to install this stuff. im using 3.03 oe-b and i dont know what fw i need. shoud i upgrade to 3.03 oe-c? if i should, can someone teach me how? my friend downgraded and upgraded for me so i really dont know much. If i install the xmb is there a way for me to go back to the default one for the psp?

hodgy47
March 4th, 2007, 11:39
you can customize the xmb in 3.03oe but you cant do as much in 3.10oe so i would'nt upgrade if want to customize your psp. before you try to flash any custom stuff it would be wise to put the recovery folder in your game folder which i can send you if dont already have it as for flashing custom stuff you can access your flash0 in the recovery menu by selecting advanced and then selecting toggle usb(flash0) and connecting a usb cable a new window will open on your pc showing the contents of flash0 to change your topmenu etc just locate them on flash0 and then overwrite them with the custom ones (make a backup of flash0 just to be on the safe side)

wataloser
March 4th, 2007, 19:15
can u send me the recovery folder plz?

hodgy47
March 4th, 2007, 22:59
can u send me the recovery folder plz?

You can find the recovery pack i uploaded here hope it helps http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=16494&d=1173006847 ignore the read me where it says to find 1.50 firmware cos its included and renamed.

wataloser
March 4th, 2007, 23:14
ok i got the recovery file but i really dont know how to flash the custom xmb i got. can u teach me how to flash? also what do i need to upgrade from 3.03 oe-b to 3.03 oe-c