PDA

View Full Version : 3.03 and 3.10 topmenu.rco whats the difference?

tuta
March 5th, 2007, 10:56
Ok anybody here shud kno that 3.03 and 3.10 have different rco and that 3.10 cant have any custom icons.

So I wud just like to know what difference is there that causes icons not to work and is there or might be a mod to change the rco file(or anybody thats workin on this)?
Next is what reads the topmenu.rco(coz 3.03oe topmenu bricks a 3.10 oe)?
cant we juz do sumtin like the gameboot memory stick redirect hack and redirect the .rco that reads the directory of the topmenu?

I care now bcoz I just updated bcoz I am playin a pal psx game and it aint workin in 3.03 oe.

thanks

mnuhaily22
March 5th, 2007, 12:23
topmenu is changed in 3.10 OE and dosn't work, if you try to flash one, it will brick, but there is always recovery...

jak66
March 5th, 2007, 14:19
the funny thing when you think about it tuta, is if we knew the answer, we would probaby already have custom topmenus on 3.10, but lets try to answer anyway;

So I wud just like to know what difference is there that causes icons not to work
possibly has a different structure to previous to previous topmenus (so like, it looks for an icon here, but the icon has moved there. problem is topmenu is encripted, so noone knows

is there or might be a mod to change the rco file(or anybody thats workin on this)?
3.03/3.10 OE mix-up for UP users. If its not solved in a few weeks DAX is gonna personnaly look into the topmenu problem

cant we juz do sumtin like the gameboot memory stick redirect hack and redirect the .rco that reads the directory of the topmenu?
...wouldn't do anything, it needs to load the topmenu to get the icons, else psp crashes. all this could do is redirect topmenu to ms, which currently is pointless

tuta
March 5th, 2007, 15:09
well I understand now problem is I have been playin lots of ds and been lurking more in the ds scene than usual so I got many questions on the top menu thingy.

Well if no fix on that is there a fix for pal games on 3.03oe-c maybe a pops loader?
all my pal games work great on 3.10 oe-A'but on 3.03 oe-c I cant see the bottom screen.
Tried with psx2psp ntsc to pal converter but fruitless

xg917
March 5th, 2007, 15:45
well i think the only way to get PAL games to work correctly is by using 3.10 OE...

dreamwalker
March 5th, 2007, 18:33
well I understand now problem is I have been playin lots of ds and been lurking more in the ds scene than usual so I got many questions on the top menu thingy.

Well if no fix on that is there a fix for pal games on 3.03oe-c maybe a pops loader?
all my pal games work great on 3.10 oe-A'but on 3.03 oe-c I cant see the bottom screen.
Tried with psx2psp ntsc to pal converter but fruitless

The best pal2ntsc gfx and y-pos fixer I have tried so far is PALadin v1.3 by Coldbird. I've attached a copy for you should you wish to try. I hope this helps .... :D

tuta
March 6th, 2007, 10:26
ty I will try it out