PDA

View Full Version : VSHInform ALPHA

wraggster
March 5th, 2007, 15:48
New release from SG57 (http://jordansg57.googlepages.com/)

Well, I made this handy tool in about an 1/2 hour (most of the time was trial and erroring text placements as i didnt have a XMB screen handy).

This is a neat and clean OE plugin that tells you:
Battery %
Battery Life
CPU Frequency
USB On/Off
It currently lets you:
Change CPU frequency between 4 pre-defined values
Turn USB on/off with the touch of a button
Turn on/off the visibility and button input of it
As with all OE plugins, this may be used in bot hthe VSH and in a GAME, however, currently the button input is pretty common buttons, so playing it in a game may require you to hide the info via SELECT if you are to use any of the buttons it uses (unless you like changing the CPU frequency during play randomly)

Controls:
Select - Turn visibility of the info on/off
[] - Cycle through 4 pre-defined cpu clock frequencies (222,266,300,333)
L Trigger - Toggle USB on/off
Installation:
Extract VSHInform.prx to 'ms0:/seplugins' folder on your PSPs memory stick.
Depending on whether or not you want this in the game and/or in the XMB, edit game.txt and/or vsh.txt so a line in the file reads:
ms0:/seplugins/VSHInform.prx
Now simply go to the Plugins menu option in the Recovery menu (boot holding R trigger to get to recovery menu) and enable the plugin.
Todo:
Fix USB when Im not so sleep depriven
Add screenshot functionality to pretty much make this an AIO plugin
Add a neat little menu that you cycle through numerous features, which than may get ran by pressing the action button (ill make an action button be, say, R trigger)
Add GFX (strangely enough, yes)

DOWNLOAD

Notes:
This writes directly to the vram in a thread with the highest priority, resulting in non-flashy text <- Props to A_Nub (and whoever else may have helped?)
This was just a side project on my main project (Safeguard) as I really needed one of these, and had 30 minutes to pull it off
Currently, the USB toggling isn't working correctly (allows you to view the USB Connection screen and whatnot when not even in that menu), so ive only stubbed it in, not actually defined the usb enabling/disabling function. Ill fix it tomorrow after school.
Thats about it. Let me know what you would like to see in future versions, as this is just a 1/2-hour long job, and I have time to kill now that Twin891 knows what to model.
P.S. Tell me if you find the easter egg I threw in at the last minute =X

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

DarthPaul
March 5th, 2007, 16:47
What the hell...this is just the same as SCEP. Dude you totally mimic SCEP lol.

Yungblaqs
March 6th, 2007, 10:44
yo man dis is alright!!!! jus tested it now i like it!!:)