PDA

View Full Version : Spray Mod help

lavalord
April 24th, 2005, 20:03
Does anyone have any recommendation that will help me in a spray mod: what kind of paint should I use, should I sand first, any tuts?

Thanks

ptr.exe
April 25th, 2005, 16:47
You want advice? dont do it.

To do it well you'll need to take the DS apart ( tri-wing screwdriver from www.liksang.com ) and get the case on its own, then sand and paint in 3 thin layers, then maybe get some of that clear finish stuff, other wise the paint will wear away around the buttons.
Theres tuts for painting the DC on devcast.dcemulation.com that may help. If you do decide to do it good luck.

lavalord
April 25th, 2005, 22:34
Why shouldn't I do it though? Is it a paint flaking issue or something. Thanks for the input by the way.

Zaneblade
April 26th, 2005, 17:22
if ur guna do it and are very good at it... and what a design to try then i got 1 i made...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/Zaneblade/fireDS.jpg

yea the inside loos abit crap...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/Zaneblade/DSfireopen.jpg

however you do it plz take pics and post them!

lavalord
April 27th, 2005, 00:22
Will do, but I want to buy I different color DS first so it may come not so soon. I say before June. I'll Keep you posted. I'm sure many people will like the design. ^_^ Thanks for the input. Nice DS

Ps. How do I get the Nintendo Logo out and the Back Sticker, or do I just mask over them?

Zaneblade
April 29th, 2005, 17:02
i would just mask over them.. make sure you do it well but it would be the fastest and easyest way!

i also have a lighting design if u wana see it!

seichan
August 28th, 2005, 10:29
hw do I open the top part? Do I like pry it open with force? It seems like there isnt any screws holding it..

How about the link (swivel) connecting the top part to the bottom part of the DS..will it affect anything?

Is there a tutorial on opening the DS?

Zaneblade
August 28th, 2005, 23:53
if u have to force it, its a bad thing from my experiances.... try searching around on google.....

seichan
September 1st, 2005, 16:35
how did your DS ended? since u quote a "bad experience" .

seichan
September 10th, 2005, 09:13
anyone else with an experience?