PDA

View Full Version : Screwed up OE-firmware?

BrokenHaiku
March 5th, 2007, 21:22
I'm a bit puzzled by this. I got a PSP as a gift from a friend in the US and just purchased a couple of movies, and no matter what region I set in the firmware settings, it complains that it is the wrong zone.

Using: 3.03OE
Movie region: Europe.

Also, I noticed that movies that are 480x272 and on the memory stick will not display in full resolution, which is strange because I know it did this when I first flashed it. Games work fine no matter though.

Any ideas what could be wrong and/or what I should try would be much appreciated.

/BH

Shrygue
March 5th, 2007, 21:25
Maybe try upgrading to 3.10 OE-A? That could fix the issue with the region settings in the recovery menu.

IndianCheese
March 5th, 2007, 22:04
For the full-res issue, it sounds like you didn't even try the "screen mode" setting. Press triangle while watching a movie and choose the "Screen Mode" button until it says "Full Screen".

BrokenHaiku
March 6th, 2007, 00:16
Added:

I've now upgraded to 3.10 OE-A2, same problem with the UMD. However, I tried a program called UMDsss to mount it as an image on the PC, and in this case it just gives me CRC errors. This would suggest that although the disc hasn't got any visible scratches, it is flawed somehow. So a "bad" region code might be just that - an unreadable one?

Right now I have no store accessible to get more UMD movies, nor anyone elses PSP to try the movie in. I'll see what I can do about ordering more movies.

xg917
March 6th, 2007, 03:57
try recovering to 1.50? and then upgrading to OE again? that usually helps since its a full reflash to your psp. the OE A2 update was just adding a few things to flash