PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 on PSP: Racing

wraggster
March 6th, 2007, 01:03
via pspfanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2007/03/05/top-5-on-psp-racing/)

There are plenty of new PSPs in gamer's houses since the holidays and I figured some new PSP owners may not be up to speed on what great games the system has to offer. With that in mind, every day this week we'll feature a new genre and list the top 5 games (according to metareviews), so no matter what you're into, you'll have some idea of what games you should own. Day 2 kicks off with a very competitive genre on PSP: Racing.

Top 5 Racing games on PSP

(tie) Ridge Racer/WipEout Pure
Burnout Legends
TOCA Race Driver 2
Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast
Twisted Metal: Head-On

I'm not a giant racing fan, so I only own Burnout Legends and Twisted Metal: Head-On (I dig the carnage factor). I did enjoy them both quite a bit though. But what I think doesn't really matter. What do you think about these 5 games? What racing games aren't on this list that you think every PSP owner should have?

JKKDARK
March 6th, 2007, 01:06
Outrun 2006 is a kick ass game. Even it was a perfect game also on PC and PS2.

DarthPaul
March 6th, 2007, 01:09
Burnout owns.

IM back!
March 6th, 2007, 01:18
From those I only have Ridge Racer and id rated a 7.5 out of 10

Welshboy
March 6th, 2007, 03:24
I have ridge racer and i'd give it an 8.0. It's a good game if a little samey. Those master races though are proper hard to beat. I'm going to buy wipeout after actually considering you can pick it up for a tenner these days.

avtools
March 6th, 2007, 03:54
Why NFS (Most Wanted 5.1.0 or Carbon Owns the City) is not in this list? Ridge Racer 2 is very good too (IMO better than RR1)...

M Dash
March 6th, 2007, 09:17
For me?

Ridge Racer -> Cool...
Burnout Legends -> Love'd It
TOCA Race Driver 2 -> Nah...
Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast -> BIG FAN!
Twisted Metal: Head-On -> Never tried it (will try)
WipEout Pure -> Hate the controlling factor X.x

I'm waiting for Burnout Dominator.. :P

Baboon
March 6th, 2007, 13:46
I know its a new title but TOCA 3 should be up there! The single player game is ok, but its the mutilplayer mode that makes this game stand out! ...plus the graphics and sound are second to none!

Ridgeracer is an ok game but it gets soooo boring with all the drifting after a while... I know its suposed to be an arcade style game but its far from realistic! lol

Outrun 2006 deserves to be up there and is a good laugh, plus the visuals do look v nice... but again its not very in-depth.

I know its not a car game but I also found Moto GP to be a brilliant psp game and its more like a ps2 game!

I just hope GT for PSP will someoday come out? ...till then I'll make do with GT2 on pops. :)

Gizmo356
March 6th, 2007, 13:50
Ridge racer isn't even a fun game, Need for Speed carbon was better.

Apoklepz
March 6th, 2007, 14:12
I'm also surprised Need for Speed Carbon isn't up there...but here goes.

- BurnOut Legends Owns, and Dominator is furthermore going to propense more Racing Ownage.
- WipeOut Pure...even if it's the oldest, I still get a kick out of this game's very responsive controls, diverse gameplay and beautiful graphics.
- Nee for Speed Carbon (which should be on that list) is very versatile and offers much replay value.
- Ridge Racer 1 & 2...just because it's controls are very responsive and it's a very strong and solid ongoing series (would be leaps and bounds better if the cars could acquire road damgae)

Never played any of the TOCA series, but I've heard they're very good, so I'll try them soon...they probably might beat one or two games already on my list.

BTW, SONY...where's our GT Mobile?!?

jimjamjahaa
March 6th, 2007, 14:18
wipeout rocks my world. its the best game on the psp full stop :p