PDA

View Full Version : [Release]ThemeMagic released!

theaceoffire
March 6th, 2007, 19:11
Just wanted to keep you guys in the loop...

^_^ Ladies and gents, I give you:
ThemeMagic! (http://www.mediafire.com/?8ummgnzmvmm)

I am sure you have been hearing about all these new themes coming out, and I am sure that after a while you get annoyed swapping back and forth (Especially if one theme has an rco another one didn't)

So to help people out, ThemeMagic will make a backup of your current theme (And allow you to save yours in a format that ThemeMagic can understand), and will let you quickly swap between them!

You can also stick things in the "Themes\AddNew" folder to just add something to your current theme instead of reseting to your original before hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To Install ThemeMagic
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unzip my program somewhere.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To Install new Themes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just make a new folder in the "Themes" one (it gets created after first run)
and put all files in it. My program will auto install to the correct folders...

Example:
Say I have a theme called MyNewTheme.
MyNewTheme is a zip file containing several RCO files and a font.
I just unzip it to ThemeMagic\Themes\MyNewTheme
Now when I run my program, `MyNewTheme` is an option.

If you have 3.10 OEA, please leave topmenu_plugin.rco out.
If you accidentally flash it, just rerun my program and choose the !OriginalBackup! to get your original theme back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To Run
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1. Go to your PSP's recovery menu, then to `Advanced`, then select `Toggle usb (flash0)`.
2. Run ThemeMagic.bat.
Follow on screen instructions.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To Add to Current Theme
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1. Put the new items to add inside the `Themes\AddNew` folder.
2. Go to your PSP's recovery menu, then to `Advanced`, then select `Toggle usb (flash0)`.
3. Run ThemeMagic.bat.
4. Select the theme `AddNew`. All items will be added to the current theme.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To Save Current Theme
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1. Go to your PSP's recovery menu, then to `Advanced`, then select `Toggle usb (flash0)`.
2. Run ThemeMagic.bat.
3. Select the theme `S` or `s`.
4. Name your theme (Try to avoid spaces).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To Restore Original Theme
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2. Run ThemeMagic.bat.
3. When it asks for what theme to use, choose !OriginalBackup! or R.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To Change Themes Using a Custom Batch File
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1. Go to the folder that contains ThemeMagic.bat
2. create a new text file, and save it as `UseTheme.bat`, where Theme is the name of your theme.
3. Right click the batch file (If it looks like a notepad, then you actually named it `UseTheme.bat.txt`), and select edit.
4. Input the following into the field and save it:
ThemeMagic.bat G: MyTheme
Where G: is the drive the psp is on, and MyTheme is the theme you want to use. It will look for MyTheme in the Themes folder.

<for those who like making their own batch files, my program supports the /? standard, and you can run it entirely automatically or partially automatically from command line>

I have made two versions of this program:
Version 1 (Nothing but my program, no Themes included): 5.07 KB:ThemeMagic! (http://www.mediafire.com/?8ummgnzmvmm)

Version 2 (Included themes : 5.87 MB:ThemeMagic! themes included. (http://www.mediafire.com/?7deduwienmj)

The readme for each theme is included, so read them.
If you don't have enough room, just restore your PSP to original, and free some up.

Themes I added in:
Black32 XMB Theme Encore 4
PSP3d (Mine, works on 3.10 OEA)
Zelda (This has a nonflash background, and coldboot.vag which is not flashable by itself)
Duranium
Blocki
Gears Of War
SaiZn's Orange and White
SaiZn's Red and Silver
theICE_Man

These are the files my program can flash, and what they do:
01-12.bmp ~Change the wallpapers (behind wave)
gameboot.pmf ~Change the gameboot (Video/sound for homebrew)
game_plugin.rco ~Change the game Loading icon
htmlviewer.res ~Change the sounds of the browser
impose_plugin.rco ~Change the Volume Bar
opening_plugin.rco ~Change the cold boot sound (I think)
photo_plugin.rco ~Change the photo loading icons.
premo_plugin.rco ~I have no clue, but it was in a theme package.
system_plugin.rco ~Change XMB Sound Effects (I think)
system_plugin_bg.rco ~Change the XMB Wave
system_plugin_fg.rco ~Change the Clock
topmenu_plugin.rco ~Change the Menu
ltn0.pgf ~Change the font.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Shrygue
March 6th, 2007, 19:14
This sounds good to hear, I'll download and try out this application with the themes.

theaceoffire
March 6th, 2007, 19:16
This sounds good to hear, I'll download and try out this application with the themes.

^_^ kk. Just remeber if you have 3.10 OEA, dont flash the topmenu_plugin.rco.... so go through the themes and remove it.

Also, if that theme's wall paper is messed up for you, take the one from psp3d (Mine), and put it in the AddNew folder, and flash it.

Shrygue
March 6th, 2007, 19:43
I know about the topmenu_plugin.rco not working issue in 3.10 OE-A so no worries there.

DarthPaul
March 6th, 2007, 20:30
Hey cool. It looks good. But that's too much text to read. I'm too lazy. Can someone give me a summary of what's this for? Thanks.

theaceoffire
March 6th, 2007, 20:52
Hey cool. It looks good. But that's too much text to read. I'm too lazy. Can someone give me a summary of what's this for? Thanks.

Backup theme, swap between themes, add to current theme, save current theme.

Works with gui or command line.

Veskgar
March 6th, 2007, 21:22
I've never really gotten into "themes" for OE custom firmware as I'm just about gaming primarily with the PSP.

However, as more and more themes are advancing in quality and quantity it may be something I may want to try out in the future.

This looks like a really great app to help out first timers and seasoned "themers" alike.

Thanks for this!

camcorderdoctor
March 6th, 2007, 22:39
PSP3D stops my ps1 games from running - just crashes on the Background wave. hmmm - did restore it works fine now... I am using 3.10OE-A' and yes I know to take the topmenu_plugin.rco's out.

Triv1um
March 6th, 2007, 23:07
This looks like a good program but I would much rather do it myself :D

I know exactly what's happening then.

DarthPaul
March 7th, 2007, 03:05
Backup theme, swap between themes, add to current theme, save current theme.

Works with gui or command line.

Oh thanks! Man you're a genious,or psychic. I don't know. This is just what I need! I was getting annoyed watching themes coming daily. I downloaded them all,then I was putting them on the PSP. Trying them and guh! My xmb is all screwed up now. This is just the perfect solution. Thanks again.

Edited: I've been playing with this. Very good and simple.:D

markbarkins
March 7th, 2007, 14:31
This is a big help. I'm way too lazy to try and add a theme manually.

Also, I was afraid the witches would get me.

brunobelo
March 7th, 2007, 15:44
For the lazy-****ers:

Install Flash Agent and use it to delete dummy files on flash0. Otherwise, you'll have some problems with some themes, like wallpaper won't showing and USB won't working on XMB.

And thanks for this GREAT program. Kudos!

Vibestar
March 7th, 2007, 16:54
Nice, my theme is in it. More than 1000 people downloaded it, I have no words for it ;).