PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Taxi trailer doesn't get us too crazy

wraggster
March 6th, 2007, 23:09
via pspfanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2007/03/06/crazy-taxi-trailer-doesnt-get-us-too-crazy/)

We heard that the upcoming PSP version of Crazy Taxi needed some graphical polish: and now we can see how much work it truly needs. IGN has the latest trailer, and it's riddled with Dreamcast-era visual quirks, from poor textures, to annoying pop-in. It certainly looks quite weak compared to what the PSP is easily capable of. In addition to revamping the graphics, let's hope that Sega will reconsider doing the sound in the game: the soundtrack and voice work looks to reek of cheese. Certainly, there's a lot more work to do before the game's release in June.

Trailer here (http://media.psp.ign.com/media/875/875970/vid_1925771.html)

Triv1um
March 6th, 2007, 23:21
I hate Crazy Taxi.

JKKDARK
March 6th, 2007, 23:53
I hate Crazy Taxi.

man, you are the first one disliking this game

VampDude
March 7th, 2007, 00:33
Crazy Taxi was one of "THE" best games on the Dreamcast, I won't be buying the PSP version though as I already have the first 2 Crazy Taxi games on Dreamcast and the ported 1st Crazy Taxi on PS2

Welshboy
March 7th, 2007, 01:10
Crazy taxi rules!

geise69
March 7th, 2007, 01:12
I hope they weren't saying the Dreamcast version had bad graphics because they were great on the DC version of Crazy Taxi. Even better looking than the ps2, but then again I love my DC more than my ps2.

bobnickelson
March 7th, 2007, 02:06
Its pathetic that they're going to just port it, thats been done too many times (ps2 and xbox), and the person playing for the preview obviously didn't know how to play the game. There is two very simple manuevers crazy dash and drift, none were done in the demo; kinda like someone playing gta for a gta preview, and going out for a cruise around the neighborhood, making sure to stop at every intersection and obey the law. Also I refuse to believe thats the actual soundtrack they will use in the game.

jamotto
March 7th, 2007, 05:08
I'd like to see the multiplayer in action. As far as the soundtrack, I think it will allow custom soundtracks.

jhontikis
March 7th, 2007, 07:44
Why bother with crazy taxi since you can do most of the gameplay in GTA is beyond my knowledge. :D

M Dash
March 7th, 2007, 09:43
The game's NOT bad... The game is GREAT.

The guy that PLAYED the game... THAT sucked...

The guy doesn't even know how to play Crazy Taxi!
That's not how a guy plays Crazy Taxi...

Where's all the speed, the Drifts, and Hoops!... Men...

JKKDARK
March 7th, 2007, 12:24
Why bother with crazy taxi since you can do most of the gameplay in GTA is beyond my knowledge. :D

It's just a different game

dthpsc
March 7th, 2007, 13:14
Doesn't look that bad to me... Could be better of course, but not that bad. As far as being a straight port, I have no problem with that. The game would probably be better untouched, like Vice City Stories Would Have: what a disappointment of a game that had so much potential to be great.

dejkirkby
March 7th, 2007, 13:49
This game has never been about the graphics IMO, it's all about the gameplay, but DC version is the best ever!

E.J.
March 7th, 2007, 18:51
I Love Crazy Taxi (my reason for buying a DC), but this port looks awful... why the ultra low res textures?? and those dancing polygons... i think the PSP is capable of doing better than that

JoeyStitch
March 8th, 2007, 00:33
Yeah, it looks like crap, but who cares? It's portable Crazy Taxi! If you think about it, this game is perfect for the PSP. It's an arcade game that can be played in relatively short bursts.

Cokemusic
March 8th, 2007, 00:45
Crazy Taxi < SNES