PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 on PSP: Sports

wraggster
March 6th, 2007, 23:12
via pspfanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2007/03/06/top-5-on-psp-sports/)

The PSP has been near the top of the sales charts recently and I figured some new PSP owners may not be up to know what great games the system has to offer. With that in mind, every day this week we'll feature a new genre and list the top 5 games (according to metareviews), so no matter what you're into, you'll have some idea of what games you should own. Today the focus is on Sports games and there were so many games tied in this genre that I'd end up with a list of 16 games if I listed all the tied games as equals in rank. With that in mind, I made an executive decision and today going forward with this feature I'll list the top 5 based on Metareview and I'll use reader reviews to sort through ties.

Top 5 Sports games on PSP

Virtua Tennis World Tour
Tony Hawk's Underground 2 Remix
MLB 06: The Show
Winning Eleven: Pro Evolution Soccer 2007
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee

I don't play sports games, so I'm not sure if this list is accurate to the average sports fan. What do you think about these 5 games? What sports games aren't on this list that you think every PSP owner should have?

JKKDARK
March 6th, 2007, 23:38
wow I can't believe Virtua Tennis World Tour is in the top..

LAMPRO
March 6th, 2007, 23:45
Whatever to that list.

Bottom line- from one 'sports first' fan to another. These are the GOAT.

Madden 07
NBA Live 07
NHL 07
tie:SSX OnTour/TonyHawk Project
Virtua Tennis WT
Tiger Woods 07

JKKDARK
March 6th, 2007, 23:52
EA games = Generic games

aznflameboy
March 7th, 2007, 01:04
I cant believe madden is not even on there. Virtua Tennis wasnt that bad. Its like the best tennis game for the PSP unless u want to count mario tennis on emulator. LOL

Camelot
March 7th, 2007, 01:20
Madden 07 and NBA Live 07 were hands down the best sports games in my oppinion.

DarthPaul
March 7th, 2007, 02:42
From my opinion NBA Live 2007.