PDA

View Full Version : PSPAtari v1.0.7.irkb Released!

wraggster
March 6th, 2007, 23:27
via psphacks (http://www.psp-hacks.com/2007/03/06/pspatari-v107irkb-released/)

Before you get all rowdy, take a gander at this… Yes, another PSP Atari emulator; however, this time ’round KangKengKingKong has added IR keyboard support! Whaaaaat, not ZX-81?! Nope, KangKengKingKong has further enhanced ZX-81’s most recent PSPAtari release by adding support for the following IR keyboards:

Targus Universal Wireless Keyboard
Palm Universal Wireless Keyboard
Palm Wireless Keyboard
Perfect for those who wish to play Infocom games under the Atari 800. ;)

Some additional notes (from README_IR.txt):

If there are any issues with the emulator, please check that it has the same problems in the non IRKB build before reporting to Zx-81. It could well be that the IR code broke something. Send comments or queries to my email address above.

Very bright direct fluorescent lighting will cause the IR detector on the PSP to behave badly, triggering keypress events.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

mavsman4457
March 7th, 2007, 00:20
Wow this is awesome but since you have added all of these keyboards into this emulator couldn't you easily make a word processing app that has support for these keyboards? If you could easily do that or if you could implement these keyboards into other homebrew applications like AFKIM and a web browser then it would be a dream come true.

tyranos
March 7th, 2007, 01:36
to mavsman and everybody else ,right now on the ps2dev svn there is actually a port of kbdd i think the name of the application is pspirkeyb it has support for like 20 ir keyboards and the dev is trying to make a prx out of it ,so anybody and especially devs could add support for their keyboards , u can also edit the ini files to create composed key etc ...

Emeriastone
March 7th, 2007, 06:13
Yeah, if only I could get my hot little hands on one of those keyboards...

zx-81
March 7th, 2007, 08:27
Excellent work KangKengKingKong ! Keep it up :)

Poem58
March 7th, 2007, 14:49
Now, if someone would just find a way to connect a paddle controller to the PSP so I could play Kaboom! on the 2600 emu:p

SmashinGit
March 7th, 2007, 15:27
This is such an excellent idea, if it was ever implemented onto the Spectrum or Commodore 64 I could dig out all my old magazines and start typing in all those old programs. :)

JoeyStitch
March 8th, 2007, 00:15
Once again, ZX-81 impresses me. I'd love to Raf implement keyboard support in Links2.