PDA

View Full Version : U.P modchip questions

ian h
March 7th, 2007, 23:06
ok, bricked my psp a while ago now and im thinking of getting a modchip.Just wondering if it will definately work on my psp though as i have read that the modchip cannot unbrick all psps. Also can you brick U.D. modchip?

Shrygue
March 7th, 2007, 23:21
The modchip will work on your PSP if it does not have the TA-082 motherboard. You can check if it is by looking for the letters IC1003 in gold letters inside the top right-hand corner of the UMD drive. If it's there you have a TA-082 and the modchip will not work. If you can't see the letters IC1003 the you're good to go.

oafan
March 7th, 2007, 23:28
if you mess up the firmware that you put on U.P. you can fix it via programming mode

Zion
March 7th, 2007, 23:33
only get the modchip if your a soldering genious.

i have read that it takes pro skill to install that chip.

many people who have being soldering for years even failed.

i know this becuase i was going to get one but after reading all that decided against it.

ian h
March 7th, 2007, 23:35
i thought that i might be able to get the mod chip installed proffesionally at a shop or something.maybe not?

Cloudhunter
March 7th, 2007, 23:42
If you get a shop to install it it will be fine :)

Cloudy

ian h
March 7th, 2007, 23:49
i see a 1.5 psp on ebay but the umd drive does not work.the reason i want a new psp is for popstation but i would be very very very worried about upgrading to 3.10 oe-a as i have already bricked 1 psp