pablakeman
April 25th, 2005, 21:13
who aggrees

Devlin
April 25th, 2005, 21:53
I second that

shade
April 25th, 2005, 22:44
me three, its an awsome console, I love innotive things.

Zaneblade
April 26th, 2005, 17:19
so good!

josemci
April 26th, 2005, 20:10
I love DS, of course.

AlexB123
April 26th, 2005, 23:17
Well so far im disappointed in mine.

The reasons:

1. Lack of good games (Mario is the only one I actually liked, and its a port... sorta.)

2. Doesn’t play GBC/GB games! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I miss my Zelda. I did not like having to pull out my GBA to play the Oracle games.

3. Touch screen scratches waaaay too easily.

4. Lack of good games

The only benefit I see is that it has some cool games coming out. I can't wait till Animal Crossing. (GREATEST Cube game EVER!! EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Well, anyway I just bought a PSP as well and plan on comparing the two at length over the weekend with a few friends.

Ill post more here after I compare the two.

lavalord
April 27th, 2005, 03:34
Mario Scratched up my screen, so I sent it back and had nintendo replace it. I stopped using the thumb pad and no more scratches.

Zaneblade
April 29th, 2005, 17:09
Well so far im disappointed in mine.

The reasons:

1. Lack of good games (Mario is the only one I actually liked, and its a port... sorta.)

2. Doesn’t play GBC/GB games! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I miss my Zelda. I did not like having to pull out my GBA to play the Oracle games.

3. Touch screen scratches waaaay too easily.

4. Lack of good games

The only benefit I see is that it has some cool games coming out. I can't wait till Animal Crossing. (GREATEST Cube game EVER!! EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Well, anyway I just bought a PSP as well and plan on comparing the two at length over the weekend with a few friends.

Ill post more here after I compare the two.

well i can already tell the psp is guna win... what DS games have your tryed??

the touch screen scratches but all u have to do is use a wiper for a pair of glasses.. is that dont work get a slightly damp cloth rub the screen then get another very soft cloth and wipe it.. all the scratches should be gone (a good cloth to use is one from the CD repair kits)

also theres gota be some good games coming out soon because there are 212 games planed ti coming out for it!

dont hold the fact you cant play GB/GBA games against it when u compare the PSP with it because the psp cant either!

AlexB123
April 30th, 2005, 01:50
I played the following (And a lil review after the title)

- Mario 64 DS - (Awesome game! But not much of an improvement over the 64 version.)
- Ridge Racer DS - (Blah... I wanted a racer, but this thing just bites. No sense of speed.)
- Pokemon Dash - (Yeah yeah... I wanted a racer that was better then Ridge Racer, but this game is HORRID. Probably one of the WORST games ever released, and Im counting Club Drive.... Check the url for a laugh, and yes I actually played it. http://www.seanbaby.com/nes/egm02.htm)
- Madden 2005 (Not a bad game by any means, but not even half as good as the 64 incarnations.)

And currently I improted Nintendogs. It arrived today. Ill see how that is. My friend speaks Japaneeeeeesaa, so we will try it out. Seems a lot like Seamen -- The DC title, which ROCKED!!!)

Yes I did do what you suggested to the touch screen, but its so annoing to have to do that all the time. Plus if I leave even a thumbprint on the screen (by accident) it screws the movement out of whack. The funny thing is my PDA doesnt do that and it only cost $99. I can torture the hell outa my PDA and it keeps comin! The DS cant even take a lil jab.

On the good game side, I am looking towards Mario Kart and Animall Crossing.

So far the PSP is kicking ass! I had no dead pixels or problems with it so far, but I know thats a rarity since my buds psp has 2 dead pixels, he exchanged it for another it had 3 dead pixels. The third exchange he got a good one, lol.

- Untold Legends - (ROCKS HARD! I never liked these types of games, but decided to give this game a try after a friend showed me what it could do! We did a 4 player game and had a BLAST!!!! The gameplay is super fun, and the monsters were super hard, we had to work together to take on the packs. The graphics are amasing, but it does have a bad side... LOADING!!!! ARRRRRRRRRRRGH.... That is the only negative with the game, but its a big one! )

- Twisted Metal - (WOW this is what I wanted. Cars shooting the crud out of each other. Captures the PS2 version quite well. ALl the speed, mayhem and carnage.)

- Wipeout Pure (BEST GAME EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! try it and youll see.)

- Ridge Racer (HECK YEAH! this thing beats the DS version hands down. Better... Well, everything!)

So I played 4 games for the PSP and I love them all. The ones I really spent time with were Untold Legends and Ridge Racer. Wipeout and Twisted metal I bought recently, but still got about 4-5 hours of gameplay with em.

The DS better get some good games and fast because Im telling everyone to get a PSP instead and Im a huge Nintendo fanboy!(Well, the SNES, Cube and Gameboys. 64 was fairly weak. and the Virtualboy was the worst $25 I ever spent... At least it came with 4 free games.)

Zaneblade
May 1st, 2005, 01:27
well atleast you only commented on the games not the psp battery life or price because that would be plan wrong....

well i can already tell the psp is guna win...
sees i was right!

AlexB123
May 1st, 2005, 02:04
Oh yeah, lol I was told the psp has no battery life, so we just use ac adapters... Price isnt bad compared to the ds since the game quality is at least 10x better (direct comparison of Ridge Racer, heh.)
I think I flushed my money down the drain when I bought the ds, but with the psp it was worth every penny, and with the dissapointment that nintendogs left in my mouth I will be sticking to the PSP untill Mario Kart and Crossing come out.