PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 on PSP: Fighting

wraggster
March 8th, 2007, 02:59
via pspfanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2007/03/07/top-5-on-psp-fighting/)

The PSP has been selling quite well recently and I figured some new PSP owners may not know what great games the system has to offer. With that in mind, every day this week we'll feature a new genre and list the top 5 games (according to metareviews), so no matter what you're into, you'll have some idea of what games you should own. Today the focus is on Fighting games, a genre that used to be one of the biggest things in gaming, but has lost some popularity with time. I'm still a big fighting game fan though, so I had to make this list.

Top 5 Fighting games on PSP

Tekken: Dark Ressurrection
WWE Smackdown! vs. RAW 2006
Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX
Def Jam Fight for NY: The Takeover
Guilty Gear Judgement

This list doesn't include import games like Bleach or Naruto, so my personal list of best fighting games would be different. But what do you think about these 5 games? What fighting games aren't on this list that you think every PSP owner should have?

Veskgar
March 8th, 2007, 04:17
Never been big on fighting or wrestling games but Tekken and Street Fighter were always different. In a whole other league.

So I'd have to say that Tekken: DR & SFA3 MAX are must haves for anyone with a PSP.

Napalm-Death
March 8th, 2007, 04:20
Guilty Gear Judgment FTW! The Japanese version is superior though..

DarthPaul
March 8th, 2007, 05:13
Well made. But I don't that that Smackdown deserves that place.

NoQuarter
March 8th, 2007, 05:16
tekken is tops,only commercial game I play on the psp

Basil Zero
March 8th, 2007, 07:01
NO!

ALL WRONG!

well sorta wrong

they dont even have my first psp game: DARKSTALKERS

anyways, this is my list of top 5 fighting games on PSP:

1. Tekken Dark Resurrection
2. Darkstalkers Chronicle Chaos Tower
3. Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max
4. Guilty Gear Judgment
5. WWE Smackdown VS Raw 2007 (Not 2006)

:thumbup:

comicgeek
March 8th, 2007, 12:38
Top 5 Fighting games? Considering gameplay, replayability, sense of accomplishment, must have strategy, not button mashing, value for money, annoyance factor when losing...

1. Tekken DR
2. Tekken DR
3. Tekken DR
4. Tekken DR
5. Tekken DR

JKKDARK
March 8th, 2007, 12:48
yeah I love guilty gear :)

Napalm-Death
March 9th, 2007, 03:58
Top 5 Fighting games? Considering gameplay, replayability, sense of accomplishment, must have strategy, not button mashing, value for money, annoyance factor when losing...

1. Tekken DR
2. Tekken DR
3. Tekken DR
4. Tekken DR
5. Tekken DR

Isn't that a bit harsh? Because all of the fighting games I play contain everything you said above...

yeah I love guilty gear :)

Do you really like GG for the the gameplay, or for all of the rock/metal references? O_O

JKKDARK
March 9th, 2007, 04:02
gameplay

Napalm-Death
March 9th, 2007, 23:38
You're awesome..

blackwolf
March 10th, 2007, 00:45

1. Tekken DR
2. Tekken DR
3. Tekken DR
4. Tekken DR
5. Tekken DR

I would have to agree with you on that one.. LOL. There is no good fighting games on the psp that match tekken DR. that game is a perfect port of the arcade. the only reason why this game did not get a 10 is because it does not have online play :(

Napalm-Death
March 10th, 2007, 03:07
I would have to agree with you on that one.. LOL. There is no good fighting games on the psp that match tekken DR. that game is a perfect port of the arcade. the only reason why this game did not get a 10 is because it does not have online play :(

There are no fighting good games on the PSP? What about Darkstalkers, Guilty Gear, and Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max? All three of these games are perfect for a handheld, though the dpad isn't.