PDA

View Full Version : Neo Geo Emulator

Tyrrell
March 8th, 2007, 03:29
Well I'm fairly new to emulation on my psp, I've managed to downgrade my psp from 2.81 -> 3.03 ->1.5 and back up to 3.03 oe-A.

I have the neo geo emulator (ngepsp) both the files ngepsp and ngepsp% are in the directory PSP\GAME150.

Now everytime I try to load my ROM (I only have my one favourite Karnov's Revenge) it comes up with an error: CRC32 not correct. "Europe MVS (Ver. 2)".

Do I need to find the Neo Geo BIOS and put it somewhere in the ngepsp directory or do I have to convert the game to a different format (currently it is a zipped file, inside there are 10 .rom files)

any help would be appreciated.

throughsilver
March 8th, 2007, 14:45
01. Get MVSPSP (http://dl.qj.net/MVSPSP-v2.0-(ad-hoc)-PSP-Emulators/pg/12/fid/12753/catid/126). It's the best
02. Click on the supplied convertor, which will give you a cache of your rom. Stick your rom in the ROMS folder and the cache in your CACHE folder.
03. Find a working Neo Geo BIOS, and stick that in ROMS too.

Voila! Neo Geo on yer PSP. :)

Tyrrell
March 11th, 2007, 11:08
I've managed to get the game to convert though I'm just curious about the bios. I have the emulator NeoRAGEx for the PC can I take the bios from that emulator and place it into the psp emu??? if not can I get it somewhere else (I know talking about iso's is banned but is talking about bios's banned as well?)

Also I was looking on ebay for a new memory stick and noticed that for a 4Gb stick it was around AUS$0 (they're around Aus$320 in the shops) is there a chance the mem sticks are fakes, I don't mind if they are so long as they work properly... has anyone bought one and not found any problems with it?

Nocuddle
March 11th, 2007, 12:45
Yeah talks abt Bios is prohibited by law... well DC emu's law. :P

Instead of asking, why dont u just shove the bios right up ur PSP's @ss? I meant, just try if it work. :P
Dont forget to press START (or was it SELECT?) in config menu to access bios screen. U can also google the bios. Just a thought.

Dunno abt the "Real" 4 gig MS. I got fake 4 gig & MVSPSP run so stuttering. The fake 2 gig should be OK. The the real MS should be even better. Again dunno.