PDA

View Full Version : help getting my friends psp to OE firmware

jimjamjahaa
March 9th, 2007, 00:09
i have downgraded fine... now at 1.50

but for some reason i cant upgrade? every time i try to run the "update maker" the psp just turns it's self off and no files are dumped.

any ideas?

a link to the update i should be using?

thx

hodgy47
March 9th, 2007, 08:29
i can send you the data.dxar file just pm me

jimjamjahaa
March 9th, 2007, 11:06
to be honest... if it cant dump it it's self i wouldnt want to risk flashing it with someone elses dxar file.

we are using the 3.03 oe-c files from pspupdates.... thats the right one yeah?

jimjamjahaa
March 9th, 2007, 12:22
actually... the updatemaker does work now... but for some reason it always says the 150.pbp file is corrput (even tho i just downloaded it fresh from pspupdates)

i think i will take you up on that offer of a pxar file :)

Bytrix
March 9th, 2007, 13:32
First of all I'd recommend you upgrade to the latest OE firmware, 3.10 A2, and you actually shouldn't use someone elses DXAR file.

First off I'd recommend getting the OE files from Dark Alex's site:

http://dark-alex.org/index1.php

Then download the 3.10 update and 1.50 update. Rename the EBOOT.PBP files to 310.PBP and 150.PBP.

Then you should know what to do from there. How bug is your memory stick? It might be possible if you're using a 32mb stick that it's full and not all of the 150.PBP is being transferred to it?

hodgy47
March 9th, 2007, 17:38
Why not use someone elses dxar file he can check the hash no. and the checksum before use to validate it and the flasher checks the file anyway so if was bad it would'nt use it there are plenty of so called easy upgraders about and they are only someone elses daxr file cos the file created by the PSP is the same on any PSP they are'nt generated for only one.