PDA

View Full Version : Help with Final Fantasy VII

OmniOdin
March 9th, 2007, 02:01
First of all, I'm using fw 3.10 oe-a.

The first time i tried to get FF7 on my psp, it worked beautifully, i even played until you meet up at Tifa's bar after blowing up the No. 1 reactor.

After that, i found some icons to customize the start-up of the game. Now when i turn on my psp and try to launch the game i get the icons, background image, music, and the in-game footage thingy. but when i launch it tells me that the data is corrupted. :mad:

i've tried re-ripping my cd1 of the game with cdrwin like i did the first time, i converted it to an eboot using the newest zinga burga popstationgui, and to make myself extra safe, i didnt customize the eboot with icons and the shiz. and when i try to launch it still says the data is corrupted. i even repeated the above process at lease 10 times to no avail... I even tried to download the FF7 cue and bin file and that didnt even work....

any help would be greatly appreciated, as this is very frustrating since i got Chrono Cross working with a fully customized eboot (icons, in-game footage, background, and even music)

please help!

OmniOdin
March 9th, 2007, 03:48
anything? i see the views, but i see no replies...

dreamwalker
March 9th, 2007, 11:45
Have you tried including the keys.bin file with your eboot on your psp? (If zinga's simple popstation gui creates a keys.bin file with your eboot then it must be included). If this doesn't help try converting your game again using psx2psp v1.2 (http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=40946). The only way the icons would cause problems is if your ICON1.PMF and SND0.AT3 files total above 500Kb. Also make sure you have placed the files in the correct folder (..\psp\game\SCUS94163). If it still doesn't work, I would ask if you have customised your psp in any other way? Hope this helps .... :D

OmniOdin
March 9th, 2007, 16:14
Have you tried including the keys.bin file with your eboot on your psp? (If zinga's simple popstation gui creates a keys.bin file with your eboot then it must be included). If this doesn't help try converting your game again using psx2psp v1.2 (http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=40946). The only way the icons would cause problems is if your ICON1.PMF and SND0.AT3 files total above 500Kb. Also make sure you have placed the files in the correct folder (..\psp\game\SCUS94163). If it still doesn't work, I would ask if you have customised your psp in any other way? Hope this helps .... :D

in the newest version of zinga's popstationgui it doesnt create a keys.bin file... on his website it says that a legal stripped version of key.bin comes with the GUI. also i have truied the latest version of PSX2PSP and that didnt even work... pleas help this *** is frustrating like hell:mad:

OmniOdin
March 9th, 2007, 20:00
anymore help would be greatly appreciated..

dreamwalker
March 9th, 2007, 21:02
anymore help would be greatly appreciated..

If the custom icons etc work but when you try to start the game it says it is corrupted then possibly your save game has become corrupt. I don't know if this will work but you could try deleting all FF7 save data from your psp (create a back-up on your pc first) then try starting again. Hope this works .... :)
Als hae you modified your psp in any other way i.e. xmb or new themes etc.?

OmniOdin
March 9th, 2007, 21:34
If the custom icons etc work but when you try to start the game it says it is corrupted then possibly your save game has become corrupt. I don't know if this will work but you could try deleting all FF7 save data from your psp (create a back-up on your pc first) then try starting again. Hope this works .... :)
Als hae you modified your psp in any other way i.e. xmb or new themes etc.?

Bingo, thanks a lot man, i suspected that my save game might be the problem so i reformatted my memory stick and now it works. I guess i'm just dumb lol :p

dreamwalker
March 9th, 2007, 22:02
I'm glad its working :thumbup:
Follow this link (http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=49824) if you would like a superb eGuide that can be accessed by pressing 'home' at any time during your game.... ;)
Enjoy .....