PDA

View Full Version : Help with Final Fantasy VII

OmniOdin
March 9th, 2007, 03:43
First of all, I'm using fw 3.10 oe-a.

The first time i tried to get FF7 on my psp, it worked beautifully, i even played until you meet up at Tifa's bar after blowing up the No. 1 reactor.

After that, i found some icons to customize the start-up of the game. Now when i turn on my psp and try to launch the game i get the icons, background image, music, and the in-game footage thingy. but when i launch it tells me that the data is corrupted.

i've tried re-ripping my cd1 of the game with cdrwin like i did the first time, i converted it to an eboot using the newest zinga burga popstationgui, and to make myself extra safe, i didnt customize the eboot with icons and the shiz. and when i try to launch it still says the data is corrupted. i even repeated the above process at lease 10 times to no avail... I even tried to download the FF7 cue and bin file and that didnt even work....

any help would be greatly appreciated, as this is very frustrating since i got Chrono Cross working with a fully customized eboot (icons, in-game footage, background, and even music)

please help!

Gene
March 9th, 2007, 06:53
When either bootsound or gameboot is changed, pops may stop working properly, so if you changed any of those then it might affect the emulator.

If that's not the case, then what program(s) are you using to rip/modify your game.

If nothing works then i suggest re-installing the 3.10oe-A' firmware because that usually works if i have a problem that i can't fix.

OmniOdin
March 9th, 2007, 07:09
When either bootsound or gameboot is changed, pops may stop working properly, so if you changed any of those then it might affect the emulator.

If that's not the case, then what program(s) are you using to rip/modify your game.

If nothing works then i suggest re-installing the 3.10oe-A' firmware because that usually works if i have a problem that i can't fix.

i used cdrwin to rip the game, and i used zinga burga's latest popstationGUI and i even tried to leave all the customize fields blank and it still didnt work :mad:

Gene
March 9th, 2007, 07:12
trey to re-install your firmware. thats the only thinig else i can think of to do...:( sorry

OmniOdin
March 9th, 2007, 19:35
trey to re-install your firmware. thats the only thinig else i can think of to do...:( sorry

i suspected that my save game might be the problem so i reformatted my memory stick and now it works. I guess i'm just dumb lol :p