PDA

View Full Version : GDC 07: PSP will realize its potential this year

wraggster
March 9th, 2007, 06:48
via pspfanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2007/03/08/gdc-07-psp-will-realize-its-potential-this-year/)

In tonight's blogger meeting, I had a chance to talk to Sony president Phil Harrison about his keynote and the suspicious absence of the PSP device: "We didn't talk about the PSP because [the keynote] was 45 minutes," he tried to explain.

John Koeller, the man responsible for the marketing of the PSP, then joined in: "We're absolutely not overlooking the PSP." He hinted that the future of the PSP looks very similar to what has been planned for the PS3. "We could start talking about PSP in the same manner as Phil."

Sony recognizes the potential of the system, and promises that in May, they will be revealing some more exciting news. "The promise is there ... [yet] we're well aware of the market realities." What specifically the PSP will be evolving into is still unclear, but it appears as though downloadable media and PS3-style Network features are in the works. From the smiles on their faces, it's clear that some truly exciting things will be happening to the PSP this year.

mnuhaily22
March 9th, 2007, 09:43
I can't wait, but is there enough flash space to cover eveything the PS3 can do, especialy if it is to tunt into an OE...

Ichijoe
March 9th, 2007, 10:28
I can't wait, but is there enough flash space to cover eveything the PS3 can do, especialy if it is to tunt into an OE...

....I'll believe it when I start to actually "see it".

IM back!
March 9th, 2007, 11:36
let's hope sony is telling the truth.

The King
March 9th, 2007, 12:26
let's hope sony is telling the truth.
yea lets hope thats all we can do if not
home brew would be one of the few things that the psp has good

elamar
March 9th, 2007, 14:32
I think sony is planning on releasing skype on the psp, It has a camera with
mic, and would be the perfect choice
with all the new people you will meet
at "Home". Skype video would be the nail in all the other platforms coffin.

Ichijoe
March 9th, 2007, 15:11
I think sony is planning on releasing skype on the psp, It has a camera with
mic, and would be the perfect choice
with all the new people you will meet
at "Home". Skype video would be the nail in all the other platforms coffin.

I think what you meant to say was:

>>Skype would be the Final Nail in the PSP's™ Coffin. :rofl:

The last thing the PSP™ needs right now is more Gimmicks!
Some "Gimmicky" Games sure ok, but no more Gimmicks.

I'm already confident that the PSP™can do just about everything except play Exclusive Content... :mad:

Phineusphule
March 9th, 2007, 15:19
I think Sony needs to take a good look at the boost Monster Hunter gave to the sales of the PSP unit and work on releasing more unique/exclusive game properties. All of the accessories are great as a novelty for those who already own the unit but if I'm in the market for a new digital camera/GPS/cell phone/food processor that's what I'm going to buy. These items aren't going to drive the sales of the PSP.

spdrman8
March 9th, 2007, 15:31
I think what you meant to say was:

>>Skype would be the Final Nail in the PSP's™ Coffin. :rofl:

The last thing the PSP™ needs right now is more Gimmicks!
Some "Gimmicky" Games sure ok, but no more Gimmicks.

I'm already confident that the PSP™can do just about everything except play Exclusive Content... :mad:

As Much as i agree with your statement Ichijoe One of the best "stupid yet potential" gimmic the psp could have is a Drap over touch screen to use a stylis with touch games like DS and to use a keyboard to instant message over the psp/ps3 Scene to still communicate with friends even if your miles away from your PS3. But thats just a thought tho....

Ps. See Psptouchme Here http://psp.about.com/b/a/007408.htm

devdj
March 9th, 2007, 16:30
i hope sony makes a smaller version of ps3 home on the psp it would be awesome but i doubt it as the size of ps3 home is quit large and the psp version could lag in the internet connection speed but i hope they do something that no homebrew coder has been able to do until sony reveals there plan later in the year.

emuking
March 9th, 2007, 16:46
thank god the psp has homebrew or i would never own one :)

Basil Zero
March 9th, 2007, 18:13
Like i said, months ago, 2007 will be the year for PSP

Veskgar
March 9th, 2007, 18:43
I've long griped about the very poor usage of the PSP's WiFi capabilities. So I'm guessing that the way the PSP interacts with the PS3 and an online network/community will hopefully blossom into something cool.

But then there is the issue of battery drainage. If SONY was able to pull off a 20% increased capacity battery over a year ago, I sure hope they plan on giving us a 50% doubled capacity battery in the near future.

UNLESS they intentionally made the batteries that come with the PSP below maximum capacity in order to sell more of the "STAMINA" batteries.

That would be pretty low but I wouldn't put it past a big corporation such as SONY.

Ichijoe
March 9th, 2007, 21:39
thank god the psp has homebrew or i would never own one :)

Signed!!

gunntims0103
March 9th, 2007, 21:47
a "psp home" similar to the ps3:home addition would rock my world.

A fevered dream of mines at best. :o