PDA

View Full Version : R9- Change the Control Settings!

kiariki
March 9th, 2007, 18:21
I'm not talking about how to change between default to whatever the other three are called- I mean actually changing the settings for these controls and even adding (or perhaps deleting as well) new control settings.

I already changed my controls so that Z is mapped to my Left Trigger button! >:D

Anyways, you need to go to wherever you put the Daedalus folder. Once there, there is a folder called ControllerConfigs. Once there, click on the control setting you wish to edit, LOOK AT WHAT IS THERE IF YOU'RE DOING IT FOR THE FIRST TIME SO YOU CAN SEE WHAT YOU MUST USE IN ORDER TO CHANGE THE SETTINGS, otherwise you will mess up your controls and the emulator will surely crash.

Example for finding the folder:
K:\PSP\GAME150\Daedalus\ControllerConfigs

And one last thing: Sorry if I only discovered the obvious! >.<

jak66
March 9th, 2007, 18:27
yea, that was added in r8, and also i notice we have done exactly the same, z is so much easier and convinient on ltrig rather than triangle

kiariki
March 9th, 2007, 18:44
Yeah, I just noticed that I DID state the obvious. I was looking around to see what else I could mess around with Daedalus and just for curiosity, I opened the readme and somewhere in all that jumble of words was exactly what I had "discovered". I feel... stupid. >_>

jak66
March 9th, 2007, 19:07
nevermind, but at least now you know why the readme is there, you find things out sooner.

xg917
March 9th, 2007, 20:04
o wow i didnt know this, al tho.. i want something like changing controls in the game like in gpsp, nesterj

kharaboudjan
March 9th, 2007, 21:30
i didnt know as well.. nice to use the Z buttom as l trigger :D

kiariki
March 10th, 2007, 21:26
o wow i didnt know this, al tho.. i want something like changing controls in the game like in gpsp, nesterj

You can and its FAR more obvious than in Daedalus! :3 Once you have a game running in either gpsp or nesterj, access the menu and go to their respective "control config" menus. :P So easy its painful! XD

jak66
March 10th, 2007, 21:50
You can and its FAR more obvious than in Daedalus! :3 Once you have a game running in either gpsp or nesterj, access the menu and go to their respective "control config" menus. :P So easy its painful! XD

i think he ment that he wants something similar in daedalus (So you dont have to make a new ini file if you want different controls)