PDA

View Full Version : Wipeout PS1 comes to PSP

wraggster
March 9th, 2007, 23:01
Yet again Sony has released a downloadable game on the PlayStation Store that is already available in a better form on PSP. The original Wipeout from the days of PS1 has landed in downloadble form on Sony's PS3 market. I'm sure for hardcore Wipeout fans this is exciting and more playable games for PSP is never a bad thing, but why can't Sony focus on games that aren't already available on PSP and give us some downloadable games worth getting excited about? I'm sitting with my hands outstretched and they have money in them. Sony can take that money as soon as they give me some games I want to download and enjoy on my PSP.

via pspfanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2007/03/09/wipeout-ps1-comes-to-psp/)

SSaxdude
March 9th, 2007, 23:38
Yawn, I can play ANY PSX game on my PSP. Hear that Sony?

Broadus
March 10th, 2007, 00:48
Why does this "pspfanboy" guy even bother with paying for PS1 games on the PSP when a custom firmware allows for people to just convert their CD PS1 game into a fully playable PSP games in a heartbeat?

Ultima Chocochu
March 10th, 2007, 00:58
Who knows?
The only reason I could think of doing it, is if the eboot(or files) were a lot smaller than ones made using your own games.

punkypine
March 10th, 2007, 01:31
because maybe he isnt a hypocritical douche bag who claims that PSP game iso loading is a bad thing but ps1 iso loading is perfectly fine?

make up your minds. and dont try to tell me you own all the ps1 games you are playing. b/c someone could own all the psp isos they are loading.

Veskgar
March 10th, 2007, 02:13
Well lets forget entirely about the fact that with custom firmware we can already play this and many other games.

The main gripe I have is what could be possibly better than Wipeout Pure? If you want a Wipeout game, PURE is the best.

If SONY wants their "Playstation Store" to be a success, they really need to stop trickling out these games and hit people with some of the phenomenal games for PS1 that you can't get on the PSP.

Owell, the more SONY does stuff like this, the better homebrew looks as an alternative.

HomerSp
March 10th, 2007, 02:29
This would've been more accepted if it was released before pops was released (like Breath of Fire III). Not alot of psp owner's are going to get this, that's for sure.

Mc_Logical
March 10th, 2007, 02:54
I remember reading last year about the psp is going to have a psx emulator in a update and ya can download psx games, i was at 1.5 then and was thinking if thats any good then ima update but then custom firmware 2.71 SE came and so on and so on and it hasnt stopped, sonys updates use 2be exciting at first but with custom firmware that excitement is most damn weeks lol allways something new, sony should allow customising the psp xmb fonts etc in a update like downloadable xmb styles that u could install from the game part like demo`s or updates load but yea custom firmware rulez!!!!

EDIT: or better still: downloadable psx games from a psp not the ps3 because there conning baztards if u ask me

Broadus
March 10th, 2007, 06:25
Don't be an assumptuous dickhead, punkypine. That's like complaining about people not owning SNES cartridges, but owning SNES ROMs for more than 24 hours, anyway. The thing is, I actually do own the cartridges (mostly) of the SNES ROMs I have, and I extract PS1 ISOs from the discs that I own. Actually, I USED to do that. I don't even use the PS1 emulator anymore. I suddenly realized that there aren't any PS1 games that I've ever actually played and liked.

It'd be nice if Sony would've made the PS1 games always use the analog stick, not the D-Pad. The D-Pad can't go in diagonal angles, yet only one setting (for the Hot Shots Golf emulator thing anyway) allows for the use of the analog stick. I had the worst time playing Medal of Honor on the PSP, just because the setting that uses the analog stick to act as the D-Pad made the R/L buttons all crazy. Customizable controls would be nice.

joelacrass
March 10th, 2007, 07:24
scuse me but you cant play wipe out with the psx emulator on the psp, the game freze after 10 segond of play.
:eek:

punkypine
March 10th, 2007, 08:05
Don't be an assumptuous dickhead, punkypine. That's like complaining about people not owning SNES cartridges, but owning SNES ROMs for more than 24 hours, anyway. The thing is, I actually do own the cartridges (mostly) of the SNES ROMs I have, and I extract PS1 ISOs from the discs that I own. Actually, I USED to do that. I don't even use the PS1 emulator anymore. I suddenly realized that there aren't any PS1 games that I've ever actually played and liked.

It'd be nice if Sony would've made the PS1 games always use the analog stick, not the D-Pad. The D-Pad can't go in diagonal angles, yet only one setting (for the Hot Shots Golf emulator thing anyway) allows for the use of the analog stick. I had the worst time playing Medal of Honor on the PSP, just because the setting that uses the analog stick to act as the D-Pad made the R/L buttons all crazy. Customizable controls would be nice.

so your in the minority. but say i ripped my own iso for a psp game and asked how to load it on these forums, i'd get flamed.

if i said i ripped my own ps1 game and i wanna load it, it'd be fine. just because its old.

all i'm saying is that if you wanna pretend like every ps1 game that people load is legit, why cant you do the same for psp games. PSP isos do have their advantages- longer battery, shorter load times, carry more games on less space.

jaws365
March 10th, 2007, 11:05
so your in the minority. but say i ripped my own iso for a psp game and asked how to load it on these forums, i'd get flamed.

if i said i ripped my own ps1 game and i wanna load it, it'd be fine. just because its old.

all i'm saying is that if you wanna pretend like every ps1 game that people load is legit, why cant you do the same for psp games. PSP isos do have their advantages- longer battery, shorter load times, carry more games on less space.

I see the paradox too! However, there may be reasons why this site has more aggressive politics against psp-isos as they are more up to the surface. But that is about marketing power, not morals related to piracy.

Also I am glad i backed up my umds by the time my first PSP was stolen, who is more the pirate, me or the ****er who stole my stuff?

"I donīt hate isos, never did. It actually saved me from losing all my stuff" - copy this to your sig if you think meaningless asslicking is for the weak-minded

Stew2000
March 10th, 2007, 21:34
My opinion:

I have a PSP.
V3.03.
I don't do homebrew.
I don't have any other wipeout games other then Pure.
So... I look forward to dl'ing it when I get my PS3 :)

Mc_Logical
March 11th, 2007, 01:26

It'd be nice if Sony would've made the PS1 games always use the analog stick, not the D-Pad. The D-Pad can't go in diagonal angles, yet only one setting (for the Hot Shots Golf emulator thing anyway) allows for the use of the analog stick. I had the worst time playing Medal of Honor on the PSP, just because the setting that uses the analog stick to act as the D-Pad made the R/L buttons all crazy. Customizable controls would be nice. umm! freedom of speach and majority of people will agree with me what i said b4 so get your finger out your ass u pathetic lil geek lol

drock82
March 11th, 2007, 19:07
sony dont control the games that comes out for the playstation network especially if its another company that made the game,i called sony up myself and ask them when is resident evil series coming to the ps network for download and he told me its up to capcom to emulate it to the psp console,so if we setup up a rally for sony to put more games on the network maybe theyll listen:cool:

Buddy4point0
March 11th, 2007, 20:52
lol yea i just can make any psp psx game
no one will buy this