PDA

View Full Version : Help an idiot.

rtangs
March 10th, 2007, 01:23
My roommate bought a PSP last night, and immediately updated the firmware to 3.11.

He's terrified of downgrading, and honestly I don't know jack about it myself. I've seen nothing in my searches about downgrading from 3.11 to anything, so I'm assuming this firmware is very new.

Thing is, I am paying for half of this thing, and the only reason is because the thought of emulating games (PS1 especially) on a handheld is fantastic. Unfortunately, I think he may have updated it beyond what the community is currently offering downgrades for.

Are we stuck for awhile?

And, not that I know much about the general temperament around here, but if I learn, I'd like to get into this. However, right now I'm pretty ignorant and wanting to change that, so I'm asking that you go pretty easy on me.

Thanks in advance!

ICE
March 10th, 2007, 01:36
um i think the newest downgrader is for 3.03. so i think you're stuck for a while.

diceone
March 10th, 2007, 02:15
kick your roomate in the balls.

dreamwalker
March 10th, 2007, 02:51
Have you considered taking it back to the shop as "the console you baught for your little bro is not the correct one" and replacing it with another one from somewhere else and THEN downgrading etc....? ;)

psiko_scweek
March 10th, 2007, 17:06
yeah if you have 3.11 you are stuck for it, and you cannot downgrade it . I would look into trading it in for a different one.

rtangs
March 11th, 2007, 01:04
Thanks for the help, guys. Appreciated.

I'd love to take it back. Just a matter of talking him into going along with it. He loves the 3.11 firmware, God only knows why. He bought the thing just for its video playing capacity. God again only knows why.

Weirdo.

dreamwalker
March 11th, 2007, 01:18
Thanks for the help, guys. Appreciated.

I'd love to take it back. Just a matter of talking him into going along with it. He loves the 3.11 firmware, God only knows why. He bought the thing just for its video playing capacity. God again only knows why.

Weirdo.

Hey rtangs, this means that you are in luck :D because Dark_AleXs 3.10oea' has all the functionality of the official 3.11 FW but with the added bonus of being able to play homebrew and to emulate psx and other consoles. DA has managed to switch back on some of the things that Sony lock out of their FW so you actually gain a lot of extra functionality over the official stuff (incl. video and audio functionality). Get your receipt and go back to the shop.... Christmas has come early for you :thumbup: