PDA

View Full Version : Wandria Announcment [PSP RPG]

Malksta
March 10th, 2007, 17:04
DCEmu & ZionMax (http://zionmax.com) present a fantastic new Homebrew RPG for the PSP.

Hello Guys.
Team ZionMax are proud to announce "Wandria".

100% all in C

a 2D-3D Role Playing Game for PlayStation Portable.

+ - Great 2D/3D Enviroments - +

SPREAD THIS

http://digg.com/gaming_news/Wandria_Coming_To_PSP

http://www.n-hosting.co.uk/3.png

+ - Friendly NPC's to guide you - +

http://www.n-hosting.co.uk/2.png

+ - Explore Caves Underground - +

http://www.n-hosting.co.uk/1.png

This game is 100% original and all work is done by our Team.

even though this is a Homebrew game. it will be as nicely programmed and drawn as a commercial game.

(Dont expect a release in a while, we will release a demo when we are near complete)

Thank you =)

SPREAD THIS

http://digg.com/gaming_news/Wandria_Coming_To_PSP

+ Team ZionMax +
Zion/Danny Glover - Coder
Malk/Tasso Seraphim - Project Manager and Story Writer
Paiku/Tim Jonsson - Lead Graphics
Mr.Nick666/Nick Bay - Graphics
jon_boy_uk/Jon Wendzina - Composer
Feradais/Charles Stilton - Composer

http://www.n-hosting.co.uk/Title.jpg

Thanks to K3T for his 1337 hosting.

dthpsc
March 10th, 2007, 17:06
Looks great, hope you guys follow through with this.
What kind of music are you looking for?

IM back!
March 10th, 2007, 17:11
Wanting a relise, badly

Malksta
March 10th, 2007, 17:14
Looks great, hope you guys follow through with this.
What kind of music are you looking for?

somethink like tales of phantasia, secret of mana 2.
MusicWise..

jon_boy_uk
March 10th, 2007, 17:17
I can help with composition. Does it need to be just a standard looping tune? What sorts of scenarios? Naturally the music is based on areas/events. What format must it be in?

Jon

Zion
March 10th, 2007, 17:18
sounds good, format would be either mp3, ogg or .it

Gene
March 10th, 2007, 17:23
Yeah it definately looks wonderful.
Also, is Zion still coding? Because that would be great. He was a great coder, that produced many great games, so i really hope he doesn't stop.

Oh and if you need me to, i can make some sounds/music and what not for you. Just give me the specs, and i'll see what i can do.

Malksta
March 10th, 2007, 17:26
Yeah it definately looks wonderful.
Also, is Zion still coding? Because that would be great. He was a great coder, that produced many great games, so i really hope he doesn't stop.

Oh and if you need me to, i can make some sounds/music and what not for you. Just give me the specs, and i'll see what i can do.

Yeah, thats why we put him as "Coder" =P

Cokemusic
March 10th, 2007, 17:27
Sugoi !!!

mavsman4457
March 10th, 2007, 17:30
This sounds great and I can't wait for it but I don't understand why you would announce it now and build up the hype. I bet it's going to be a great game though and I hope you guys get noticed my some commercial developing companies.

Malksta
March 10th, 2007, 17:31
This sounds great and I can't wait for it but I don't understand why you would announce it now and build up the hype. I bet it's going to be a great game though and I hope you guys get noticed my some commercial developing companies.

Because, It was hard to keep it in. lmao

jon_boy_uk
March 10th, 2007, 17:34
Would final fantasy style music suffice?

zx-81
March 10th, 2007, 17:37
keep up the good work !

:)

Zion
March 10th, 2007, 17:39
thanks for all the positive responses :)

yoshinatsu
Sugoi !!!:)
This game seems really cool. Its what I wanted from the homebrew scene. Beautiful, professional-looking homebrew games, original scenario and music, and that's it. Not those Mario/Zelda/Final Fantasy rip-offs, crappy 2D RPG, Puzzle, 2D Platform games. This game's style looks like of the traditional style like Legend Of Heroes, if I'm right. Can't wait for the demo, I'm sure this game will rock many PSPs. Keep up the good work guys, we're with you!:) NoGravity and Wandria - Tears In Fate are the future of PSP Homebrew games! Go Go Go!

Malksta
Would final fantasy style music suffice?

Yeah, add me on MSN and we'll chat =)

D0N
March 10th, 2007, 17:41
Looks great, cant wait to play it :thumbup:

Ihavenolife
March 10th, 2007, 17:49
Beuatiful graphics; I can't wait to play this game.

How long will the actual game be? Or is it non-linear/neverending?

Torak
March 10th, 2007, 17:50
I have a queation how will the gameplay be like? Strictly turn-by-turn battles? Or kinda like Chrono Trigger which is a bit more active...? One more thing Random Battles or you can fight monsters if you want to?

PS: This is just random thoughts it would be cool if there was some online functions.

Zion
March 10th, 2007, 17:50
Beuatiful graphics; I can't wait to play this game.

How long will the actual game be? Or is it non-linear/neverending?

pretty long, hopefully over 5 hours .

all being well.

Lukeson
March 10th, 2007, 17:52
Wow, this looks damn good! I'm really really impressed! What battle-type will it use?

Zion
March 10th, 2007, 17:54
Wow, this looks damn good! I'm really really impressed! What battle-type will it use?

Turn Based. (Final fantasy games use turn based for those that dont know what turn based is)

psp_sfdm
March 10th, 2007, 17:56
Wow, this game looks really impressive from the screenshot. :thumbup:
Thanks Zion and your team for bringing everyone this high-quality RPG homebrew app :)

PsychoSync
March 10th, 2007, 18:01
That looks promising. By the way Zion, i really liked your acting in Lethal Weapon movies...

Zion
March 10th, 2007, 18:02
That looks promising. By the way Zion, i really liked your acting in Lethal Weapon movies...

:rolleyes: :rofl: :rofl:

dejkirkby
March 10th, 2007, 18:40
Nice News Bro!

hatebreeder
March 10th, 2007, 18:46
finally! a good homebrew rpg that isn't just a tech demo

xg917
March 10th, 2007, 18:50
makes me want to play pokemon. those screens make me want to ask for a pokemon homebrew!! great job guys. this game seems really interesting!!

Paiku
March 10th, 2007, 18:53
All of your comments made my day!:p

:)
This game seems really cool. Its what I wanted from the homebrew scene. Beautiful, professional-looking homebrew games, original scenario and music, and that's it. Not those Mario/Zelda/Final Fantasy rip-offs, crappy 2D RPG, Puzzle, 2D Platform games. This game's style looks like of the traditional style like Legend Of Heroes, if I'm right. Can't wait for the demo, I'm sure this game will rock many PSPs. Keep up the good work guys, we're with you!:) NoGravity and Wandria - Tears In Fate are the future of PSP Homebrew games! Go Go Go!

^^Yeah actually LoH was the game that inspired me most when I started making the graphics.

Cheers!!

jak66
March 10th, 2007, 19:08
Turn Based. (Final fantasy games use turn based for those that dont know what turn based is)

FF I through X/X-2 at least.

Back on topic, looks really, really, REALLY professional

if you ever need a beta tester...lol

Malksta
March 10th, 2007, 19:12
FF I through X/X-2 at least.

Back on topic, looks really, really, REALLY professional

if you ever need a beta tester...lol

We're in Pre-Alpha stages.. and we have testers xD

Zion
March 10th, 2007, 19:15
All of your comments made my day!:p

Agreed ;)

Ihavenolife
March 10th, 2007, 19:21
Wow now I'm really excited to see this game.
Things I would really like to see:

- Levelable skills (for replayability)

- Diverse environments (the graphics look amazing so far, so this would really add to the immersion effect of the game)

- At least a few insanely hard enemies (for bragging rights)

- Customization, if possible, gives the player more of a sense of attachment to their character

Apoklepz
March 10th, 2007, 19:39
This is Refreshing. I'm glad a solid team is putting their talents and ideas at work for the scene, with what appears to be a damn fine looking product. Masterpiece!
I very much look forward to rocking this gem on my PSP. Keep up the astonishing work Dan and Crew!

Apok

pkmaximum
March 10th, 2007, 19:46
Sounds great I'm looking forward to a release, sry if this was already posted, but I didn't feel like reading the whole thread for a topic such as this (don't mean anything by that, its just people aren't going to feed me important information =P ) but is it going to be a real time fighting or a you hit, I hit battle system, were you take turns to attack. Because Secret of MAna was like my favorite game of all time because of its real time fighting style, and it was just a fun game to play =D

kaio393
March 10th, 2007, 20:41
Here's some music I made, if you want it:
http://www.filefactory.com/file/34863c/
just give creds to Orphic

gr42178
March 10th, 2007, 20:44
This looks great cant wait for a release, keep up the good work.

gotmilk0112
March 10th, 2007, 20:48
holy crap! looks awesome! :D

gunntims0103
March 10th, 2007, 21:14
looks really good :)

emuking
March 10th, 2007, 21:20
looks ****ing great for a homebrew game :)

aries2k4
March 10th, 2007, 21:39
Does look nice. Keep up the good work. I look forward to playing it when itīs done.

Broadus
March 10th, 2007, 22:12
Though it looks great, it doesn't look like the gameplay will be very unique.

siulmagic
March 10th, 2007, 22:22
simply amazing keep up the good work,you dont see this kind of homebrew game very often =D so very ell made dang cant wait for the release

yoshinatsu
March 10th, 2007, 22:28
looks ****ing great for a homebrew game :)

No. This is how homebrew games should have been, from the very beginning. It was just some people who started making idiotic homebrew games, without imagination and completely uninspired, and that's how the set the homebrew games to a low level. And of course, with just basic knowledge of programming (or NO knowledge...).
Thanks to the creators of this game, for getting up the quality meter in PSP homebrew games. I hope some people example from you, and start making some serious and ORIGINAL homebrew games. And as we all know, these people are making fun for us, taking nothing. All they want is our respect and the courage to continue. Our comments will help them get these. I'll give it to them. You should, too (although I see really positive things by now :)) Thanks again.

Ihavenolife
March 10th, 2007, 22:30

Neither is the gameplay of most commericial games on the psp.

yoshinatsu
March 10th, 2007, 22:33
Neither is the gameplay of most commericial games on the psp.
I'd really like to see this game follow the traditional style of RPGs, rather than sinking itself trying to make a new "innovative" system. Besides, it's only the beginning ;) There's always time for something new.

mikebeaver
March 10th, 2007, 23:06

Well, Final Fantsy XII has given us a "unique" playing experiance, and I can happily say I think id rather playa more traditional RPG like this than that, and i'm a die-hard FF fan.
ZionMax , this look's really good, I saw your previous work with the Zelda stuff and it looked great, if that was anything to go on, you are onto a sure fire winner :) keep up the good work.

mavsman4457
March 10th, 2007, 23:09
Because, It was hard to keep it in. lmao

Haha, that is a pretty good reason. Good luck on the project and I hope for your sake that either you finish it very quickly or that people forget about it for a while so you don't have too much pressure on you from the wannabe beta testers.

carlitx
March 10th, 2007, 23:27
wow looks realy well done but for the record, is there anyone who ever thought of converting a game from RPG maker into psp EBOOT.PBP form? i think that would make making rpg games for the psp alot easier.

Zion
March 10th, 2007, 23:35
wow looks realy well done but for the record, is there anyone who ever thought of converting a game from RPG maker into psp EBOOT.PBP form? i think that would make making rpg games for the psp alot easier.

rofl, its not as easy to do as you think. :rolleyes:

This will be worth the wait i can assure you ;)

the one and only
March 10th, 2007, 23:56
=D awesome work, cant wait for the demo!
good to see more teams getting together and producing high quality homebrew ;)

KingAndrew
March 10th, 2007, 23:57
LOOKS AWESOME!!! YES!!! VERY VERY AWESOME!!!:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Joeyman
March 11th, 2007, 00:00
wow looks pimp, good job O.O

Solidsnake3000
March 11th, 2007, 00:02
wow this game looks good i want to try it

Solidsnake3000
March 11th, 2007, 00:03
dark alex were are you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Solidsnake3000
March 11th, 2007, 00:05
o yeah who ever likes death note go to deathfan.com it got all the latest and people pm me if u ever had a tv show you liked and want to watch it again i know every thing

Harshboy
March 11th, 2007, 00:12
That is so awesome. Nice Graphics. Can't wait to play it.....this reminds me, i should be working on my game...

yaustar
March 11th, 2007, 01:11
To be frank, it looks great and hopefully will play as well as it looks. I am also interested in how much Zion's coding skills has improved as well over the course of this project.

bassman
March 11th, 2007, 01:34
i gotta say it looks great, just wondering how big it will be and what you gotta do? also it looks like the kinda game that would be awesome to play online. maybe a possibility...?

Understandable
March 11th, 2007, 01:35
Looks great!! I really hope its gets finished we see a lot of homebrew games but none of them get finished

Malksta
March 11th, 2007, 01:40
i gotta say it looks great, just wondering how big it will be and what you gotta do? also it looks like the kinda game that would be awesome to play online. maybe a possibility...?

1: Well, lets just say that there destruction involved.
2: It's way too early to be discussing that, maybe when we're near completion we'll give it some thought.

Destroyer699
March 11th, 2007, 02:07
Wow.

DarthPaul
March 11th, 2007, 02:28
OMFG!! You guys made an excelent job there. It looks pretty! Congratulations guys. This is just amazing! But about the "100% original"..that guy looks a lot like ...haha joke. Like it.

tophead420
March 11th, 2007, 04:49
Wow this looks great. I cant wait for this one, keep up the great work.

DragonPimpsta
March 11th, 2007, 05:26
HOT FRICKING SHIK!!!!! THAT LOOKS JUST LIKE RAGNAROK ONLINE.!! ALMOST... dude, just because of the way it looks im going to play it.. i dont care if the gameplay is good or not, with a look that this, this could be my favorite thing to play on PSP.. havent played it yet, but ill tell u before i even do, this needs something addictive to it, like many equipment upgrades or online interactivity something that'll make it 10x funner and this would be amazing... thats what im saying before i paly it... after i play it i might be even more shocked,, :D.. good job

DragonPimpsta
March 11th, 2007, 05:29
oh, and if ur looking for someone to compose orignal music for you.. Contact me if u want someone to make original MP3 scores of music... im not a professional, but i might be able to do some cool stuff for you.. just PM me if u want to hear a demo from me

NOno, ACTUALLY, email me or send me an IM.. i dunno, lol

RetroGoth
March 11th, 2007, 06:09
great work guys!

Veskgar
March 11th, 2007, 07:14
This looks amazing. One of the most exciting true homebrew projects for sure. If the amount of posts on this thread is any indication, this is highly anticipated and appreciated.

Thanks for the great work on this!

FireStag
March 11th, 2007, 11:07
I also make looping tunes so if you want music hit me up on AIM/YIM/MSN or e-mail me.

Malksta
March 11th, 2007, 11:56
Guys, guys, we already found a great composer (Jon).

EDIT: We now have a new character, no name or age yet.

We might make a development thread posting new characters,artwork and such.

jools
March 11th, 2007, 18:09
this looks awesome but 5 hours isn't enough for me.. :p

wraggster
March 11th, 2007, 18:14
Digg this (http://digg.com/gaming_news/Wandria_Coming_To_PSP), got 8 hours to try and get it on mainpage. come on dcemu and zionmax people.

both sites will benefit from visitors :)

Malksta
March 11th, 2007, 19:00
Digg this (http://digg.com/gaming_news/Wandria_Coming_To_PSP), got 8 hours to try and get it on mainpage. come on dcemu and zionmax people.

both sites will benefit from visitors :)

How many more exactly do we need? O_o

Zion
March 11th, 2007, 19:11
ive dug it :p

and wraggs :p get on irc i want to ask you about my forum :D

Malksta
March 11th, 2007, 19:26
Great News, even though we didnt need another composer, Charles Stilton showed me hes sample work and.. well, he is great ;)

He is now part of the team ZionMax.

feradais
March 11th, 2007, 20:06
This is the kind of game i think weve all been waiting for, Homebrew on the psp with quality. Thats not to say alot of hard work isnt put into homebrew games, because honestly, I cant even begin to know how to code a damn thing. But the fact still remains alot of people have great ideas and no drive to finish them, Leaving us with alot of crapped out homebrew games.

Heres to hoping that wandria breaks the mold!

( And no, I dont mean offense to anyone who has made homebrew games, Because I love alot of them!)

And another note, Im extremely excited to be a part of this project :) Finally a chance to give back the community!

ryan2006
March 11th, 2007, 20:37
looks good cant wait for a demo

Buddy4point0
March 11th, 2007, 20:42
this looks amazing

missg82
March 11th, 2007, 21:12
Hi!

I'm soon to be Master graduate in Human Communication and computing which basically means I'm looking at usability from an human and interface interaction viewpoint. If you need anyone with these sorts of skills let me know! e.g. help with menu layout, minimising user frustration etc...

Georgina Stubbings

PLZKLLME0080
March 11th, 2007, 23:01
looks pretty cool!

xg917
March 11th, 2007, 23:05
can u guys make a pokemon game, this is so pokemon material here.

i cant wait to try this game out anyway

h4s30
March 12th, 2007, 00:14
pretty cool looking

phazi
March 12th, 2007, 02:52
can any one repost the picture it says bandwidth exceeded

Shadowblind
March 12th, 2007, 03:17
Whataheckuva turnout! Can't see the pics, nut from the sound of things people love it! :)

If you ever need hard rock-heavy metal, I can provide the mp3's for ya. I've got the perfect rock song for every occasion.

Malksta
March 12th, 2007, 10:51
Pictures fixed, guys?

Paiku
March 12th, 2007, 16:22
Exceeded once again!

edit: I'd need some editing power:p

yongobongo
March 30th, 2007, 13:14
Awesome, just can't wait for this!!

I heart Nintendo
April 3rd, 2007, 17:25
That looks HAWT!!!! Is there a link for anything? Like listening to the soundtrack, a YouTube vid of the game in action - anything like that?