PDA

View Full Version : LuaPlayer v0.20 Cools Mod with Flashing Capabilities

gunntims0103
March 10th, 2007, 17:11
new release via SG57 (http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-development-forum-11/t-release-luaplayer-v020-cools-mod-with-flashing-capabilities-99672.html)

Ok. Ive taken the liberty and modded lua player to allow you to assign, and unassign devices. This means you can now flash to flash0,flash1 and read from disc0 and even use IrShell's usbhost/nethost devices, all in Lua (however those may be used... maybe a better file browser? :S)

Anyways... This is a mod of Cool's Lua Player v0.20. Because of such a high bricking rate this may dish out, I put enough security, that the only way for you to get a brick, is if you, yourself, flash a bad file, be it corrupt, replacing a crucial system file, etc.

Ive now tested my example 4 times. It will first unassign the flash0 device/driver, than reassign it with write-read privelages. Than, it will back up your current 01-12.bmp (xmb themes image). Than finally, you press the [X] button to flash your own 01-12.bmp you want to replace your now old one with (but dont worry if you dont like the new xmb background theme, as your old one is backed up). It loads the one you want as your XMB background theme from ms0:/01-12.bmp, and the backup is saved the same, but with a .backup suffix.

Once done with it all, press START to return to lowser, or press HOME and go back to XMB and see how it looks.

Always a chance of bricking so be warned!

Download and give feedback via comment

IM back!
March 10th, 2007, 17:16
Flashing lua Player! Sounds dangerous.

Zion
March 10th, 2007, 17:52
Flashing lua Player! Sounds dangerous.

in the wrong hands yeah :rofl:

mexicansnake
March 10th, 2007, 20:29
Urm nice, it gave me an idea, I have to work...

Cloudhunter
March 10th, 2007, 23:31
My God... What has he unleased?!

DarthPaul
March 11th, 2007, 02:25
Lol! Dangerous. I don't think so...uh..maybe yes. But it was a good idea of making Lua a Flasher..[or no..?].

Cloudhunter
March 11th, 2007, 02:29
If it is a good idea, then it is a good idea to give a baby a gun...

Cloudy

buildit92
March 11th, 2007, 02:46
im never going to use this, i just dont think its stable engough. im fine with lua games, but im never going to use lua flash apps,

baracki96
March 11th, 2007, 04:53
I can see it now... " HELP!!! I bricked my psp trying to play lua-zelda, wat shud I DOOOO!!!" I swear those unexperianced in homebrew should just stick with a flash free lua player cause' theres no doubt that lua+flash+clickhappyhomebrewgrommit=instant-psp-brickage.
Nice app though, from coder to coder.

DarthPaul
March 11th, 2007, 05:19
If it is a good idea, then it is a good idea to give a baby a gun...

Cloudy

Actually it is.A baby with a gun could be safe and protect himself from bandits and Barney.

Vangar
March 11th, 2007, 11:51
What an unstable release to throw into the community. Now even script kiddies can create viruses that can brick PSPs and hide it in a pong or other small game.

I mean honestly, since when does a LUA program need to access those things, if you are going to seriously program something using those devices i suggest you use a real programming language.

My hat off to you.

HomerSp
March 11th, 2007, 12:04
No, just no....

bassmaster1313
March 11th, 2007, 12:34
well, call me the biggest noob on the planet, but i tried it (just teh background demo) and it worked fine... except that all the icons that arn't teh ms are now big white squares, so i'm going to remove it
but anyway, good job SG57

Camelot
March 11th, 2007, 17:18
well, call me the biggest noob on the planet, but i tried it (just teh background demo) and it worked fine... except that all the icons that arn't teh ms are now big white squares, so i'm going to remove it
but anyway, good job SG57
You have to use a bmp compiler if you want all those white squares to be different pictures.

Also Im glad that I not into all this LUA stuff. Flash access so easily scares me.