PDA

View Full Version : General IdStorage Repair and 1.50 ipl enabler Released

burrito
March 10th, 2007, 21:07
codes02 from lan.sh has released General IdStorage Repair and 1.50 ipl enabler. This is a fix for TA-082/86 PSPs that have been downgraded. I used it and confirm that it works.

This is a program I have created and generally modified for my own use as new developments in the idstorage on ta082 motherboards were revealed. With the recent revelations by SilverSpring, the fact that only the 0x5 key must be corrupt to boot the 1.50 ipl, and due to random confirmations of this by numerous other forum members, it now seems we have reached the end of the path of idstorage modification for the purpose of fixing ta082 mobo's.

This program is for kernels with module loading already patched and that support normal eboots (these usually are bundled one in the same).

SE and OE firmwares as well as HEN revisions should certainly function.

It features functions to repair the idstorage (except for key 5, with it modifies and restores so that it is seen as corrupt) from every idstorage fixer program i could think of. If you have done custom modifications to your idstorage and shuffled the keys yourself, don't use this. In fact, if it tells you you utilized a program you did not, i recommend you exit immediately and perhaps notify me in some way (don't scream) and i may decide to fix it.

In any case, if run from a non idStorage Fixed psp (such as one running 2.71 or 2.80) it will detect this and do a simple 0x5 key corruption in the same way done on the hardware downgraders. The second byte of 0x5 is changed to 0x68 from 0x6b.

Credits : always to dark_alex for the original patching of higher kernels and the first idstorage fixer (of which this is simply a modification), noobz team for furthering the HEN enabling, SilverSpring for his extraordinary disasm work (you can never give him too much credit), and all others who have done their own research and testing and posted their discoveries for all to examine and learn from.

Source is included as well so feel free to modify it as long as credit is given.

Noob Instructions : don't run this program. wait for some bugs to get lost first, or when you know what your doing. Preferably when both are true.

I have tested this on my own 2 psps and it has worked fine (no bricks!) but in any case, this is for experienced users only as it contains a clear danger of bricking.

I in no way guarantee its safety, nor do i suppose it covers all possible idstorage corruption programs. Use at your own risk.
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Source: http://lan.sh/showthread.php?t=838

T_J_
March 11th, 2007, 00:14
What does it doo why do we need to fix that?

pt9087
March 11th, 2007, 00:21
Kool, will this fix the brightness on DG'd TA082????

burrito
March 11th, 2007, 00:30
Yes, I think it fixes the brightness problem.

mexicansnake
March 11th, 2007, 00:47
Can someone confirm this?.

mexicansnake
March 11th, 2007, 01:02
I tried it and nothing happened...

DarthPaul
March 11th, 2007, 02:20
So cool for you TA users.

mnuhaily22
March 11th, 2007, 03:07
does this fix USBHOSTS problem?

pkmaximum
March 11th, 2007, 05:52
Well glad to see TA-082 boards are pretty much perfect now =]

Veskgar
March 11th, 2007, 07:11

This is awesome. Great release!

My newest PSP is a TA-082 which I downgraded and I get the reversed brightness levels when using homebrew.

If anyone can confirm this fixes that brightness issue I would really appreciate it.

mnuhaily22
March 11th, 2007, 12:04
Yes!!!!!my Usbhosts Is Fixed!!!!

kingreuben
March 11th, 2007, 19:08
I ran the program, and, unfortunately, it didn't fix the brightness issue. :(

Xeniczone
March 11th, 2007, 19:15
For those who don't know I think it is ment to fix the problems with downgrading a psp with a motherboard TA-82 or TA-86.

The Problems are:

-Adhoc
-Brightness (after downgrading the psp has a blank screen until you repeatedly push the display button)
-Battery (if you turn your psp off after downgrading with 12% or less on it it will not turn back on)
-USB issues

burrito
March 11th, 2007, 20:41
The 2.71, 2.80 and 3.03 downgraders change more than 1 key.
It was recently found out that only 1 key needs to be changed. This program unpatches all keys that were patched while downgrading except for the 1 key that actually needs to be patched.
In some cases, this will fix brightness problems.

I found this post on lan.sh saying how to fix the brightness problem: http://lan.sh/showthread.php?t=730&page=6

Yes, it is. I have done so, but it is a VERY delicate change. My brightness works correctly in everything but the recovery screen now. This is very dangerous if you mess up any of these steps you will have a brick. In fact, I recommend nobody trying this. This has however fixed my brightness in homebrew for the TA-082 3,2,1,off brightness problem and been tested in 1 other non-TA-082 PSP.

1) Get a copy of the 2.70 update eboot
2) Extract the data.psar file from it via PBP Unpacker
3) Use a psardumper program to extract 2.70 DECRYPTED (option square i think)
4) Take out 3 files: display.prx, impose.prx, and lcdc.prx and rename them to display270.prx, impose270.prx, and lcdc270.prx
5) Go to the recovery screen and go to the advanced option and turn on the USB to access flash0
6) Add the display270.prx, impose270.prx, lcdc270.prx files to flash0:/kd/ (DO NOT ALTER THE EXISTING DISPLAY.PRX, IMPOSE.PRX, or LCDC.PRX OR YOU WILL BRICK)
7) After this you need to modify this file "flash0:/kd/pspbtcnf_game.txt" and ONLY this file. This is the ONLY file that will be modified in the whole process.

Change the following lines:

/kd/lcdc.prx TO /kd/lcdc270.prx
/kd/ge.prx #/kd/display.prx TO /kd/display270.prx #/kd/display.prx
/kd/impose.prx TO /kd/impose270.prx

8) Safely eject the USB on the PC
9) Toggle off flash0 USB

This modification uses about 100kb of your flash0 and uses unencrypted versions of 3 files from 2.70 instead of the 3 files from 1.50. The normal space left from 3.10 OE-A' is about 400kb. This change should be undone before doing anything firmware related such as custom firmware updates by deleting the three 270 files and reverting "pspbtcnf_game.txt".

Sorry to repeat myself, but this change has only been tested on 2 PSPs with success (although it had no effect on the non TA-082 one) and 0 bricks (the brick by squirrel was from a seperate test after this one was successful). I have turned my PSP off for hours and it still runs after the change. IF you want to try this do so at your own risk.

DO NOT MODIFY OR REPLACE ANYTHING BUT pspbtcnf_game.txt

Buddy4point0
March 11th, 2007, 20:45
great ofr TA-82
lucky me i dont have a TA-82

burrito
March 11th, 2007, 21:03
The brightness problem only happens on TA-086, not on TA-082 or below.

sedkiller
March 11th, 2007, 21:40
If im not sure i have the TA-082 problems, can i use it anyway and not brick ? caus im not really sure i have the problem...

shedeus
March 11th, 2007, 22:10
The brightness problem only happens on TA-086, not on TA-082 or below.

not so. i have ta-082. it has the brightness issue.

comicgeek
March 11th, 2007, 23:13
These issues are found in recent PSPs only some 2.71 TA-082 and most TA-086. I had the brightness issue and after I used the hack posted at lan.sh only the recovery menu remains having the inverted brightness problem. Now when playing homebrew it shows the correct brightness settings as it was in the XMB.

burrito
March 11th, 2007, 23:15
not so. i have ta-082. it has the brightness issue.
Are you sure it's TA-082? Look at this picture of a TA-086. At the bottom you see IC1003, which means it's 082 or 086. To the left of it is a black thing. On a TA-082, it is silver. You can see it by opening your UMD drive.
http://photos1.blogger.com/x/blogger/1317/1596/1600/562658/DSC01415.png

Shrygue
March 12th, 2007, 00:21
This sounds like a useful (but potentially dangerous) program. I haven't had any problems yet but if I do get another PSP with a TA-082 motherboard and has brightness problems then this will be good to have around later on.

Watsonator
March 12th, 2007, 00:28
I have a TA-082 and i have brightness problems..

Will someone confirm that this is legit?

FrostyTheSnowman
March 12th, 2007, 01:21
I have a TA-082 and i have brightness problems..

Will someone confirm that this is legit?

It is indeed legit, I have run it myself on my TA-082 (Originally downgraded with DaX's 2.71/HEN-D Downgrader), and both the brightness and USBHostFS problems have been fixed, and the 12% battery issue has been fixed too.

Run it if you have a TA-082/86, it works exactly as promised.

Poor-Kingz
March 12th, 2007, 02:30
can you run this on a 3.03 OE-C?

burrito
March 12th, 2007, 03:33
can you run this on a 3.03 OE-C?

yes

xg917
March 13th, 2007, 19:19
ok just to make sure.

will this work on 3.10 OE-A'
all i am having trouble with is the brightness so this should fix it?
and does this have a chance of bricking my psp?..

edit, man dis sucks. it didnt work.. i stil have the brightness issue

codes02
March 18th, 2007, 23:56
yes, most brightness issues are firmware related, thus the power.prx hack before mentioned is currently required.

Dunpeal1978
February 17th, 2008, 23:28
How do I use this fix?Are there instructions somewhere?

burrito
February 18th, 2008, 01:14
How do I use this fix?Are there instructions somewhere?
this fix is a year old, the newer downgraders have this fix built-in...

dufrenebp
May 1st, 2008, 21:01
Has this problem been addressed yet?
Broken psp need to send in to sony but has corrupt idstorage which unfortunately for me voids my warranty.