PDA

View Full Version : i think i kkilled my lcd screen....:'(

carlitx
March 10th, 2007, 21:17
Ya i tried fixing my UMD drive b/c i didnt want to get sony to fix it cause theyd update the softwear....but when i removed the LCD i got lost with the thing and decided id use some tape to hold my door shut, but when i put the cabels for the LCD back in all i get is a black screen and nothing i do fixes it, i also removed the home, start, +, -, etc. and thoses still work fine, i tell u this b/c i can navagat my psp xmb with my eyes closed lol so havig a black screen is just the draw back of not having video or games......now i got to either get help from some1 here who can guide me through it, or hope like hell that when i send it to sony that they wont notice that i opened it... some1 help me please im begging.

redhotchilimando
March 10th, 2007, 21:25
did you plug in both cables? the little one and the big one?

Triv1um
March 10th, 2007, 21:27
just for the record there are security seals.

when its opened your relationship with sony is screwed. lol

they will just throw it back in your face.

take it appart again and have annother go, you could of missed something.

hodgy47
March 10th, 2007, 22:31
I dont normally refer people to other sites but on this occasion try here http://www.llamma.com/PSP/PSPTearDown.htm full text and picture strip and refit of lcd just in case you missed something

I seriously hope this helps you man!

carlitx
March 10th, 2007, 23:25
ok thnx guys and i know about the seals....theres one over 2 screws under the battery pack compartment and i can put it back on perfect its just my idiot father crumpled it a small bi when he was helping me.....put if worse comes to worse i have a back up story for sony and if they dont belive that ill just have to do alill trick i concoted lol. the trick wont be on sony though, i dont care much i just worked hard all summer fer that thing so it means alot to me... but thnx guys im gonna have anuder go at it tomoro

Cloudhunter
March 10th, 2007, 23:46
Yeah, so stealing from another company will make you feel good inside will it?

Seriously, its wrong on so many levels.

Cloudy

Triv1um
March 10th, 2007, 23:49
cloudy, why do you always have to be so 'stuck up'?

Do you just use these forums to tell people how wrong they are? does that make you feel good inside?

Cloudhunter
March 10th, 2007, 23:51
cloudy, why do you always have to be so 'stuck up'?

Do you just use these forums to tell people how wrong they are? does that make you feel good inside?

And why do you have to judge people because of a few posts rather than as a whole? Got an issue with me, deal with it in PM. This is a forum, not a public conference.

I am who I am.

carlitx
March 11th, 2007, 00:25
ok w/e guys im not going stealing i was gonna buy a new psp, duh haha

carlitx
March 11th, 2007, 18:15
ya it still aint working fo rme and this is my second day trying...but the strange thing is, even though i worked realy friggin hard for it, it doesnt feel bad i broke it....i dunno im usualy materailistic espicaly bout electronics lol guess iv changed

ai3gtmc
March 12th, 2007, 10:35
hmm i read a post about this he said he broke the small white connector its the backlight...
try checking the small connector if its broken u cahange backlight, its cheap..

factor remix
March 12th, 2007, 18:46
man, I did the same thing with my ipod video... and I got it to work. Maybe you got a died lcd screen or something like that