PDA

View Full Version : Help! Bricked psp.

wiitendo
March 10th, 2007, 23:09
Ok first off my freind got a psp that is version 2.8 and tried to downgrade but accidently used a TA-082 downgrader and he didnt have that type of motherboard. We have tried many things from turning it on and off to completly deassembling the psp and nothnig got fixed. What can we do to fix this problem?

Also, the psp is able to be turned on but is a blank black screen and turns off after 5 seconds of being on.

Triv1um
March 10th, 2007, 23:14
you've got a very expencive paperweight buddy.

you can get a new motherboard though.

sorry R.I.P PSP

wiitendo
March 10th, 2007, 23:16
i was looking at modchips instead of a new motherboard. would it be cheaper to get a modchip or motherboard?

Triv1um
March 10th, 2007, 23:28
I think mod-chips are aactully cheaper.

look into it though, good luck getting it back up and running ;)

Nicko01
March 11th, 2007, 02:38
if you dont want to install it, i recommend using www.chicagogamewerks.com to do it for you. they are faster and less expensive.

num1wop
March 17th, 2007, 22:56
I believe I have pretty much the same problem. But my screen goes black and the power stays on. I tried to downgrade from 2.71, accidently skipped the step of the ID storage exe file and went straight to the x.yz file. The next screen came up,went through its deal and said to press X to reboot. It powered down and never came back on. I had to manually turn on the PSP. The power came on but nothing came up on the screen. The screen stayed black, but power stayed on. It never went into the fail safe of turning off. And that is where I am sitting now. Do I have a new Paper weight or is this salvageable?

hodgy47
March 17th, 2007, 23:26
I believe I have pretty much the same problem. But my screen goes black and the power stays on. I tried to downgrade from 2.71, accidently skipped the step of the ID storage exe file and went straight to the x.yz file. The next screen came up,went through its deal and said to press X to reboot. It powered down and never came back on. I had to manually turn on the PSP. The power came on but nothing came up on the screen. The screen stayed black, but power stayed on. It never went into the fail safe of turning off. And that is where I am sitting now. Do I have a new Paper weight or is this salvageable?

Power it up and try pressing the brightness button

Cloudhunter
March 17th, 2007, 23:44

If you didn't run the idstorage fixer, then yes, you have a paperweight.

Cloudy

num1wop
March 18th, 2007, 00:22
Thanks hodgy47, I did try the brightness and that was not it. Thanks Cloudhunter, I was hoping that since the power light stays on then maybe its not too bad off. How about this. Anyone think that target will take it back?

bakasora
March 19th, 2007, 09:07
wow, i dont know what you guys are talking about. lol

Cloudhunter
March 19th, 2007, 10:39
wow, i dont know what you guys are talking about. lol

Then why post?

Cloudy

Fittersman
March 20th, 2007, 03:12
well there is always walmart :D

i dont know about target, i live in canada