PDA

View Full Version : SSF 0.08 Alpha R7

JKKDARK
March 11th, 2007, 02:27
New version of the Saturn emulator (http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~phantasy/ssf/index.html) for PC.

vdp1 drawing processing was improved
vdp2 drawing processing was improved
SCU DSP processing was improved
(line I dont understand)
Hooking up of the backup library was updated

This update focuses on improving speed.
Games which use the DSP have become quite faster.
Especially the movies of Grandia became high speed.

PSmonkey
March 11th, 2007, 04:36
if only this emu was opensource. Would be great to see it ported to other platforms.

BlueCrab
March 11th, 2007, 20:25
Yabause fills the open source Saturn emulator hole pretty well. Its progressing fairly quickly for a (relatively to SSF anyway) newer Saturn emulator. The only problem with Yabause right now is that it isn't very fast. We've been focusing mainly upon accuracy rather than speed.

Anyway, back on topic. Its nice to see a Saturn emulator updated, even if I can't use it on my computer :cool: .

devdj
March 11th, 2007, 21:01
i'd say it would be a very hard to port over to psp

chibante
March 11th, 2007, 21:32
oh my gosh, this version is awesome. in the others i couldnīt play burned games.. it was always saying that its not a sega saturn game.
now it plays very well, good sound, etc.

chibante
March 11th, 2007, 23:59
oh, sorry about my last reply, i just have to put "no bios" and it reads burned games.. sorry :rofl:

chibante
March 12th, 2007, 00:29
people, could you tell me why when iīm playing, the game plays cool and sometimes itīs slow?? maybe its because itīs reading a cd.. dunno. help please..:confused:

Shrygue
March 12th, 2007, 01:06
chibante, no triple posting please.

Anyway, it's about time that the SSF application recieved an update as it's one ace Sega Saturn Emulator.

JKKDARK
March 12th, 2007, 02:52
Changelog added

Aulderbane
March 12th, 2007, 03:57
Hey there, new user here. I just DL's the latest version of the emulator. I have a burned CD of Guardian Heroes. It plays the intro of the game alright, but doesen't get into the game itself. I made sure to set the 'No BIOS' check like someone previous mentioned...any other special settings I need? It just...stops accessing the CD, and the screen stays blank.

chibante
March 12th, 2007, 10:13
lol... itīs not your problem īcause that happens to me too.
i burned guardian heroes and it only plays the intro video :(

geise69
March 12th, 2007, 12:45
Try making a cd image of Guardian Heroes and mounting it with daemon tools or another "virtual cd" program. I use Alcohol 120% for making my cd images and it has a virtual cd drive with it. Sometimes using a virtual cd drive is better. It can be faster since it doesn't have to access an actual CD, plus sometimes games will work better than running off of a real CD. As for Guardian Heroes not working it works fine for me, but I have the actual game. Your image that you burned could be bad.

chibante
March 12th, 2007, 14:14
thank you, i did it.
but it canīt read, i used daemon tools.. sigh :(
i used in psx emulator and it reads well with a virtual cd :S

Vixtro
March 12th, 2007, 19:58
Try making a cd image of Guardian Heroes and mounting it with daemon tools or another "virtual cd" program. I use Alcohol 120% for making my cd images and it has a virtual cd drive with it. Sometimes using a virtual cd drive is better. It can be faster since it doesn't have to access an actual CD, plus sometimes games will work better than running off of a real CD. As for Guardian Heroes not working it works fine for me, but I have the actual game. Your image that you burned could be bad.
Ditto, the actual game runs perfectly. Still with all the RAM my PC has it would be nice to get around the "Character Overload!" thing. I heard it has something to do with the RAM limitations of the Sega Saturn so I'm looking forward to an emulator that can fix this :)

Other games I have tested so far:

Burning Rangers: Very few nearly unnoticeable glitches where some fires can be seen through walls but other than that it runs perfect.

Myst: 100% perfect.

Sega Touring Car Championship: Bad sound and frame rate problems but all the graphics seem to mostly be there.

Fighting Vipers: Menus are all good but in game is very slow and looks like it has strange scan lines over the characters when they move?

Loaded: 100% perfect.

NiGHTS INTO DREAMS: 100% perfect.

Something to note is these are all genuine copy's of the games and are all PAL versions.

chibante
March 13th, 2007, 20:57
well.. iīm now playing shining force 3 scenario 1 :)
and iīm playing well with this emulator.

klema
March 14th, 2007, 09:36
How do I save games with the SSF emulator? Please help me. I tried using save state, but it didn't work.

chibante
March 14th, 2007, 10:17
hi how do i play burned games with the bios on?
i use daemon tools, thereīs one game that played well, but the others donīt. it goes to the bios screen and say "this game is insuitable for this system"

help

Vixtro
March 15th, 2007, 11:40
hi how do i play burned games with the bios on?
i use daemon tools, thereīs one game that played well, but the others donīt. it goes to the bios screen and say "this game is insuitable for this system"

help
You need to make sure your using the right BIOS for whatever region the game you are trying to play is if you not already. If you are already doing that then I cant help sorry :(

BTW, Tried Sonic R last night and it runs very well, near perfect besides some texture problems in-game and some green stuff that takes up nearly half the screen but its behind all the 3D graphics so the game is very playable still.

chibante
March 15th, 2007, 23:39
You need to make sure your using the right BIOS for whatever region the game you are trying to play is if you not already. If you are already doing that then I cant help sorry :(

BTW, Tried Sonic R last night and it runs very well, near perfect besides some texture problems in-game and some green stuff that takes up nearly half the screen but its behind all the 3D graphics so the game is very playable still.

oh... i didnīt know that.. so thereīs more bios??
i just have one :S
the game that played with my bios is japanese.. i have to download other bios??

geise69
March 16th, 2007, 13:41
No you only need one bios called boot.rom in the folder. There is an option to change the region of the bios to US, EU, or JP. Just make sure you're using the correct region for each game. Of course if it's a US game change the region of the bios to US.

chibante
March 17th, 2007, 10:55
itīs done.. it plays well the games.
this emulator has grown much.. but some games have some bugs with this emulator... they have to fix it. :)