PDA

View Full Version : PiMPStreamer! New Version Supports PS3/Wii/PSP

wraggster
March 11th, 2007, 13:38
The Movie streaming software for the PSP is now available for the Wii and PS3 too:

Wii? Miiii? Yeah! Now you can watch your favorite movies on your Wii, streaming from your PC! Just as easy it is for PSP users, now PiMPStreamer extends its use by being a fully HTTP browsable FLV video streamer… Just point your browser at it! You can even use it on a FLV capable pocket PC. Or PS3 !! (not tested)

How does it work for the Wii? Install PiMPStreamerSetup-0.80.msi (http://www.pimpware.org/PiMPStreamerSetup-0.80.msi) at your PC. Run PiMPStreamer, and point the Opera browser on the Wii to the PC’s ip address at port 3333 (configurable). Select the video file and happy streaming!

For the PSP users: no new features this version…

Note: I tested it with a wireless Wii… And it is really BETA for the FLV streaming part so if you have bugs/questions please MAIL. (and donate) And also only with short clips, I dont know if the Wii is capable (memory wise) to stream long FLV’s ..

via pimpware (http://www.pimpware.org/)

DarthPaul
March 11th, 2007, 13:58
Hehe,very nice.Nice to see PSP apps working on other consoles.This means that the PSP is inspirating,and the apps on it are cool and are good enough to fit on "next-gens".

Dillvill92
March 11th, 2007, 14:37
dosn't work on Vista!!! i tested it and it would not install.

flingo
March 11th, 2007, 15:32
it works on ps3 ! :)

StealthCP
March 11th, 2007, 17:36
dosn't work on Vista!!! i tested it and it would not install.
Nothing works on Vista.. ツ

Ushrufp
March 11th, 2007, 17:50
does any one have GBA thelastseal if you do could you help me or send me a walk through at [email protected]

Buddy4point0
March 11th, 2007, 20:54
sick

One Eyed Newt
March 11th, 2007, 21:55
Worked perfectly fine on Vista for me

cool_one556
March 13th, 2007, 07:54
The server works fine on my installation of vista, but the program wont start on my 3.10 OE-A psp. :(

pkmaximum
March 13th, 2007, 10:39
Nothing works on Vista.. ツ

LOL so true =P

Hmmmm tip if you are bold enough to have Windows Vista as your operating system I would seriously consider, partitoning your hard drive and installing windows xp also, because most applications have to be recompiled to work on Vista which really sux.... (maybe I exagerate when i same most apps) but really a lot of them don't work =[

One Eyed Newt
March 13th, 2007, 12:09
I have really had no problems running programs on Windows Vista. Not sure which programs you are running but the majority of programs i tried work without any problems. The other few, Compatibility mode fixed just fine.

Ushrufp
March 13th, 2007, 22:33
yo want a free PSP click dis link and do bidz offer so what you waiting for registar now note: if you dont believe me i will send you evidence of my cusin at [email protected]
link removed

Xiofire
April 8th, 2007, 15:10
Having trouble getting this to work with my PS3. What address do i have to point it towards to get it working?
Thanks in advance
-Xiofire