PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 on PSP: RPG

wraggster
March 11th, 2007, 22:02
via pspfanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2007/03/10/top-5-on-psp-rpg/)

Some gamers (and worse yet, gaming press) think the PSP is just a port machine. With that in mind, every day this week we'll feature a new genre and list the top 5 games (according to metareviews), most of which aren't ports, so no matter what you're into, you'll have some idea of what games you should own. Today the focus is on RPGs, which most seem to have gotten bad reviews, but my fiancee can't get enough of the RPGs on PSP, so what do they know?

Top 5 RPGs on PSP

X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse
Tales of Eternia
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure
Dungeon Siege: Throne of Agony

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
March 11th, 2007, 22:39
the PSP really needs some good RPGs!!

Zion
March 11th, 2007, 22:46
wandria is on the way :rolleyes:

hehe

PraiseBrad
March 11th, 2007, 23:46
Valkrie profile is the best rpg on the psp

Shrygue
March 11th, 2007, 23:59
Tales of Eternia is one great game to play, along with Gurumin: A Monstrous Adventure. I'm surprised to see they both made it to a top 5 RPG list.

DarthPaul
March 12th, 2007, 01:46
PSP doesn't really has any great RPG's..X-Men is good,Valkyrie Profile..well..I don't understand the game,but it has great battle system.But with Final Fantasy VII on the way..haha PSP will own. Monster Hunter Freedom is awesome,and the second seems to be even better.

JKKDARK
March 12th, 2007, 02:03
ahhh.. I hope to see a Phantasy Star release :(

Joe88
March 12th, 2007, 02:33
um where are the real RPG games on that list ???
not stupid rpg's

Cap'n 1time
March 12th, 2007, 02:40
um where are the real RPG games on that list ???
not stupid rpg's

Please name some "real" rpgs then.

None of the RPGs on this list interest me either though.

gmecha
March 12th, 2007, 03:11
well, if you list the psx library also, the psp has alot of rpgs...

JKKDARK
March 12th, 2007, 03:27
well, if you list the psx library also, the psp has alot of rpgs...

PSX games don't count

samthegreat68
March 12th, 2007, 03:31
gurumin sucks!! but x-men is good

Basil Zero
March 12th, 2007, 03:47
ok, i agree with the fact that Tales of Eternia deserves to be on that list..but..wth, is up with the other 4 games...........

anyways, these two GAMES SHOULD OF BEEN in the List:

Breath of Fire III
Valkyrie Profile Lenneth

jrsmaster411
March 12th, 2007, 05:37
what about untold legend 1 or 2 those where pretty cool

mareko_pl
March 12th, 2007, 05:49
monster hunter is top action rpg on psp....why it isnt listed on that weird top list.....

Balthasar00
March 12th, 2007, 06:06
what about popolocrois ?

This one kept my attention.

PSP cruely need good rpgs like DS have's, ... FF III ... :'\

Cap'n 1time
March 12th, 2007, 06:24
ok, i agree with the fact that Tales of Eternia deserves to be on that list..but..wth, is up with the other 4 games...........

anyways, these two GAMES SHOULD OF BEEN in the List:

Breath of Fire III
Valkyrie Profile Lenneth

BOF III was a port. I have the psx game. Since bof3 never came to North America for the psp I never was able to get my hands on it, but I imagine it isnt that different. Anyway this list seems to call for original PSP games. not PSX games, and not ports of old games.

Zobachka
March 12th, 2007, 06:32
Gurumin is not a RPG =) It's an action game.

There is no Disgaea in that list, because it's not yet translated i think =)

jaws365
March 12th, 2007, 07:25
Valkrie profile is the best rpg on the psp

Hail!

g00gy
March 12th, 2007, 16:53
valkyrie profile lenneth is the best PSP RPG

Basil Zero
March 12th, 2007, 18:59
BOF III was a port. I have the psx game. Since bof3 never came to North America for the psp I never was able to get my hands on it, but I imagine it isnt that different. Anyway this list seems to call for original PSP games. not PSX games, and not ports of old games.

Well port or not, its still classified as a rpg game for psp.

Cloud_35
March 12th, 2007, 21:26
Pfffffft.

Valkyrie Profile. Enough (for now.........I heard Crisis Core on the echo? or it's just me?). And of course Wandria (man, what a name :rofl:. Just kidding.)

Broadus
March 12th, 2007, 21:58
The problem isn't porting. The problem is that any game that has been ported has been either dramatically crapped down to a level of pure suckiness, or the game was just a bad game to begin with.

Veskgar
April 1st, 2007, 19:06
Sorry but I have to brag. Because Gurumin is on this list I feel this is an appropriate post.

Remember not to long ago when Mastiff Games had a promotional mini-guide giveaway? And out of all people who signed up a lucky 5 would receive an autographed mini-guide from the voice actors?

Well, I WON!!! In the mail I received my autographed mini-guide along with a letter stating that I was one of the lucky 5.

Oh, by the way, Gurumin is a great game and I'd recommend everyone go out and buy it if you do not own it already.

Again, sorry but I had to brag. It feels good winning stuff.