PDA

View Full Version : Is psOne emulation & Flash modification possible?

cha0ticbliss
March 11th, 2007, 22:20
Is psOne emulation & Flash modification possible?

I have my xmb modified to the black32 and it looks nice, but I just remembered the tradeoff that you can't run sony's emu. Is there any way around this? I think I saw something on maxconsole, but can't seem to find it....

dreamwalker
March 11th, 2007, 22:25
Is psOne emulation & Flash modification possible?

I have my xmb modified to the black32 and it looks nice, but I just remembered the tradeoff that you can't run sony's emu. Is there any way around this? I think I saw something on maxconsole, but can't seem to find it....

What firmware are you using?

cha0ticbliss
March 11th, 2007, 22:31
3.03-OE-C

Freezes immediately after you try to open the EBOOT and you have to hard reset unless you feel like watching the custom waves move back and forth.

Zion
March 11th, 2007, 22:41
im using that firmware with custom xmb and im playing ps1 games fine .....

cha0ticbliss
March 11th, 2007, 22:49
Now that I think about it, I did clear out some flash space to make room for the theme, so maybe I'll just have to reinstall OE-C and make sure I know what I am freeing up. (or leave out some modifications)

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=49001
I found this topic referring to the same issue I am having in case anyone who is tech savvy wants a fix to it. I however don't want to risk bricking doing things I'm not sure about...

dreamwalker
March 11th, 2007, 22:50
3.03-OE-C

Freezes immediately after you try to open the EBOOT and you have to hard reset unless you feel like watching the custom waves move back and forth.

A custom opening_plugin.rco won't let you boot up your PSX Game at all. You'll just see the XMB disappear and the waves moving when you run the PSX Game. If you have one installed, put back the original "opening_plugin.rco". s probably it although some custom fonts do interfere aswell. Hope this helps .... :)

cha0ticbliss
March 11th, 2007, 23:21
Yep, that seems to be the problem. Thanks :D

froggie22
March 12th, 2007, 11:44
there is a way to fix this so that you can have the opening_plugin and still have ps1 games working.
Heres the guide to do it.. LINK (http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-hacks-9/t-custom-coldboot-psx-emu-95507.html)