PDA

View Full Version : Argh! A bug with gpSP!

OfficerTJHooker
March 12th, 2007, 02:37
So this morning, I was playing my gpSP, like any addict would, and I quit the game I was playing (final fantasy tactics) to eat some breakfast. So, 20 minutes later, I go back to my gpSP, and I find out that any kind of ROM I try to load just gives me a black screen.

I haven't found any topics regarding a bug like this, so I was wondering if anyone knows what I'm talking about?

Any kind of ROM I try to load with gpSP, it gives me a black screen. I quit using the home button on my PSP.

Yeah so, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cap'n 1time
March 12th, 2007, 02:47
So this morning, I was playing my gpSP, like any addict would, and I quit the game I was playing (final fantasy tactics) to eat some breakfast. So, 20 minutes later, I go back to my gpSP, and I find out that any kind of ROM I try to load just gives me a black screen.

I haven't found any topics regarding a bug like this, so I was wondering if anyone knows what I'm talking about?

Any kind of ROM I try to load with gpSP, it gives me a black screen. I quit using the home button on my PSP.

Yeah so, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Odd. never seen a glitch like that. Somehow the binary could have been corrupted i guess. I would just trade out the old eboots and keep all your old files, that way you have all your saves and stuff still.

First download the gpSP zip file and replace the eboot.pbp files with the old ones.. that SHOULD fix your problem if the binary files got corrupted somehow.

OfficerTJHooker
March 12th, 2007, 03:16
Tried that... still doesn't work :mad:

haha, nevermind, I tried it again and it worked.

Thanks captain banhammor.

h4s30
March 13th, 2007, 02:04
what firmware are you cause' when i was 2.6 i had gpSP workin with an eloader and then it just all of a sudden stopped workin (like yours did) but i downgraded to 1.5 and everything started working so i dunno and i hadn't had a problem since also sent you a message just in case you don't read the PM

Tesseract
March 17th, 2007, 04:51
I think I've sassed it.

I had this problem alot, and came across lots of different theories about it. One was that it's a corrupt version of a GBA BIOS, but as it HAD been working, then stopped, I stopped fretting about that.

Next rumor I tried was deleting the cfg file and restarting. It worked! So, being the troubleshooter I am, I started putting my settings back the way they were one by one until I ran into the problem again.

I had no problems with the key bindings or graphics settings, but every time I'd try to coax the Audio Buffer any lower than 3072, the freezing issue would rear its ugly head again.

The issue can be fixed by running gPSP, setting the buffer to 3072 or 4096 (didn't test any higher settings) and exiting right away (NOT by the 'Home' button!) to save the setting. Run the program again, and it'll work.

Hopefully this'll help out Exophase a bit in patching this minor annoyance in the next version of this otherwise spotless emulator!

Exophase
March 18th, 2007, 11:44
Explanation:

Part 1: The lowest setting is probably too small to work, the default is 4096.. this is an oversight on my part so I should adjust that.

Part 2: gpSP doesn't save anything if you exit from the home button, this can be fixed with a callback, I just never got around to it (the readme says so, somewhere).

Thank you to Tesseract for nailing this.

acn010
March 18th, 2007, 13:51
never happened to me either :I