PDA

View Full Version : Basilisk II for PSP - Mac Emu for PSP

wraggster
March 12th, 2007, 06:46
Sanguinus (http://prox9.dnsalias.com/index2.htm) has posted an update of files for the Mac Emu for PSP, heres the details:

Me and a friend recently spent loads of time getting basilisk II to work properly on the PSP and we have. We have put together a freeware tool we found on the internet for editing DSK files, Also we have made a DSK file with a game of checkers on it and a game of chess also a JPEG viewer.

Basilisk for PSP was written by ChaosKnight.

We have installed the mac os7 on a Virtual DSK Image (this is legal for those who doubt. You can download the files from apples old software section yourself but in 19 individual floppy disk images!! )

Wikipedia:
Mac OS 7.5.3 and the 7.5.5 (US English) update can be downloaded for free: http://download.info.apple.com/Apple_Support_Area/Apple_Software_Updates/English-North_American/Macintosh/System/

Also included is a copy of mac.rom that I found on a freeware site in a zip file.

So basically just extract the basaliskII files into the game section of your PSP Memor Stick and Run.

Notes:
It is surprisingly Quick.
Some window moving things cause it to hang such as scrolling the horizontal scrollbar.
Shutdown causes it to hang so just use Home button to quit.
Installing Quicktime is virtually impossible I spent several hours trying without success as after it was installed it caused it to hang after booting.

Download here --> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6OHMY3JO]

Give Feedback Via Comments

titch.ryan
March 12th, 2007, 07:38
wow great release. keep up the work

edit: link unavailable!

DarthPaul
March 12th, 2007, 08:08
Oh My God Nice!

Mc_Logical
March 12th, 2007, 08:53
Unfortunately, the link you have clicked is not available. im on firefox and even exploror said the same thing dammit its been deleted? ive had windows 95 on psp 150mb slow as fu*k i hope this mac is as good as it sounds? but it might of been uploaded somewhere else on a diff site? ima go check another site. Good job though on the work of this

SpooForBrains
March 12th, 2007, 08:53
please update the link, because I want this so very much!

eta: *cough* QJ has it *cough*

Mc_Logical
March 12th, 2007, 08:58
please update the link, because I want this so very much!

eta: *cough* QJ has it *cough* lol thx dude

cant find it on qj? could ya pm me plz and explain where it is? lol i searched and cant find it

pedrolavos
March 12th, 2007, 09:48
try this link

http://dl.qj.net/Basilisk-II-Updated-PSP-Homebrew-Applications/pg/12/fid/13180/catid/151

i have 3.10 oe and doesnt work blue screen with a error :(

JoeyStitch
March 12th, 2007, 10:38
1. Put both folders in the GAME folder
2. Enter recovery mode
3. Change the GAME folder kernel to 1.50 and exit.
4. Run BasiliskII

It still bluescreens sometimes. I wish someone would pick up development on it. Having a full-fledged Mac emulator with networking would be awesome.

Mc_Logical
March 12th, 2007, 10:55
try this link

http://dl.qj.net/Basilisk-II-Updated-PSP-Homebrew-Applications/pg/12/fid/13180/catid/151

i have 3.10 oe and doesnt work blue screen with a error :( thx man, u can reflash your psp back to 3.03 OE C just put the install folders into GAME150 or u prob know u can go back n forward with custom firmware? or did u try the mac in GAME150? if so try it in the GAME folder it might work i dont know? im on 3.03 OE C

edit: 3.03 OE C seems to be the best at the moment anyway, ima wait for 3.10 OE C if it comes?

edit: again lol i had the same error when i put it into the GAME150 folder i just tested it into the GAME folder and it works!!!!!!!! looks smooth man, GREAT JOB ON THIS EMULATOR :thumbup:

1. Put both folders in the GAME folder
2. Enter recovery mode
3. Change the GAME folder kernel to 1.50 and exit.
4. Run BasiliskII

It still bluescreens sometimes. I wish someone would pick up development on it. Having a full-fledged Mac emulator with networking would be awesome. oh! ok i missed that lol my psp is allways set to 1.5 kernal

Cho Aniki
March 12th, 2007, 14:52
How does one boot games in Mac Os? I unpacked Indiana jones and it doesnt show any exectuable files , theres Indy.rsrc in the dir but it doesnt do anything.

Edit: never mind I solved it.

ICE
March 12th, 2007, 14:55
so how does it look/ run? everyone look good?

Cloudhunter
March 12th, 2007, 15:22
Does it have keyboard support? I can't remember if it did or not.

Cloudy

SpooForBrains
March 12th, 2007, 19:38
No keyboard support, but it looks great and runs pretty damned quick!

ETA: there must be some sort of irony in the fact that the program to deal with .DSK images on runs on Windows ... why not on the Mac?

FrostyTheSnowman
March 12th, 2007, 21:29
So wait, is MacOS 7.5.3 preinstalled on the DSK image, or do we have to install it ourselves?

Squidman
March 12th, 2007, 22:14
wow, this is actually pretty cool, it's faster for what i've seen before, very excellent i've only been BSOD'd once and i've had extreme hangs twice, i see great things in it's future, now lets get windows 95 running better, i just need a BIOS....grrr....

IM back!
March 13th, 2007, 00:45
Does it have keyboard support? I can't remember if it did or not.

Cloudy

It dose have kebord suport use select and thae use the dpad and X,[],/\,O (psprint)

Cho Aniki
March 13th, 2007, 06:40
I give up on trying to make a bigger HD image , i tried makedsk and the emu rejects my hd file and then i tried Disk_Image_CM_Plugin_1.3.img.bin / Disk_Copy_6.3.3.smi.bin within the emu but the scailing must be wrong in the emu cause you can't scroll down to click accept.

anyone know where one can obtain a premade HD file thats around 800meg? cause you can't fit anything on the 30meg that comes with the emu.

IM back!
March 13th, 2007, 10:30
you can us hdf explora to make a 800mb vitural hdd. hdf explorer comes with the DL

Cho Aniki
March 13th, 2007, 12:13
Thanks alot , that worked fine.

is there a way to unpack Mac files in windows without them getting corrupt ,cause unpacking stuff on the psp takes time.

nickstr
March 18th, 2007, 20:29
this actually works on 2.8 PSPs! works in both eloader and Xloader (if patched) does not work in HEN though.

tael
March 31st, 2007, 23:32
hmm teh link doesn't work at QJ or the attached link. Someone please get this fixed up cause I want this thing soooo bad. thanx

I just discovered why the medialink isn't working; the link ends with a square braket, which is not actually in the link. Wragster, you should edit this to save confusion. Yay!

razorak
April 1st, 2007, 05:08
could someone shed light on how i can install games into the disk image or what i have to do to run games on the emulator??

tvrstl
April 7th, 2007, 11:23
it's Beautiful!!

just to bad I am too noob to make bochs work at 3.03 OE-C...

Tesseract
April 14th, 2007, 08:09
Heh... I just blue-screened, too. Amusing part is this:

"s7: DEADBEEF"

H'ray for sassy programmers.

Could it be annoyed at the fact that I've MacOS8 installed on this image?

tvrstl
April 22nd, 2007, 12:23
only thing I miss, is the sound:S

SpooForBrains
April 22nd, 2007, 15:07
Heh... I just blue-screened, too. Amusing part is this:

"s7: DEADBEEF"

H'ray for sassy programmers.

Could it be annoyed at the fact that I've MacOS8 installed on this image?

Yes. I don't think Basilisk II works with OS8. Only system 7 is supported.

minister_bob
April 25th, 2007, 04:46
Anyone tried this on 3.40 OE? I tried it in both /PSP/GAME and /PSP/GAME150 folders, and with Kernels 1.50 and 3.40, and no go. It simply doesn't start if its in the /GAME folder, and it bluescreens immediately if its in the /GAME150 folder. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

rbervoets
April 25th, 2007, 07:55
sweet!

MSPainter
June 16th, 2007, 03:23
This is awesome. I only have one question. Instead up upgrading to 7.5.5, would it still work if I upgraded to os92.1?

parkermauney
June 16th, 2007, 03:48
lol, no.

nitsan57
June 28th, 2007, 21:21
someone has the dsk editor link please?
i serched all the web and no results...

osgeld
July 19th, 2007, 04:00
someone already asked but noone responded and now i have the same issue

fw 3.40 OE
under games 150 instant BSOD
using 1.50 kernel instant BSOD

installed anywhere else, game could not be read error, reinstalled many times all files are good but yet no luck

anyone have a suggestion?

Saracchini
July 19th, 2007, 04:19
The disk editor cames (HFVExplorer.exe) with the emulator, itīs hard to use but works.

Itīs a good emulator, but it crashes easily... i will wait o little more... because it really transforms PSP in a palm !

I tried use old games but all then came compressed and it takes forever to unpack...

Ah... iīm using 3.40 OE