PDA

View Full Version : Wii success story!!!

Trussmaster
March 12th, 2007, 13:06
I thought I'd join this site and let every1 know that I will be receiving my Wii in the next 7 days....and I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!

I've been looking for 1 since the release date in the UK and have had absolutely no joy whatsoever. I enquired about them at shops and they have none. I look on Ebay and they are sellling them at ridiculous prices! (A pet hate of mine is when people buy a load of them and sell them on ebay - although in all honesty if I had the money and the time, I probably would have done this too!)

I decided to order one from my catalogue and wait paitiently until it arrives (t.b.a May 2007!!!!)

Not knowing when I was going to get my Wii was making me uneasy as I HAD to have one NOW!!!

I looked around my house and gathered together all my unopened christmas presents and put them all on ebay.....to cut a long story short I made £120.

But this was no where near the prices that were on ebay, so I decided to broaden my horizons and look for a wii being sold within Europe. Some searching later and I found a Wii that only had 5 minutes left and current bid was at about 240 Euros. I quickly found an online translator and copied the full description into it to make sure that there were no scams, then I converted the Euros so I knew how much to expect to pay (was about £165). After that I waited and prayed that nobody would bid any higher......and with 30 seconds left I threw down my maximum bid.

For the next 25 seconds I frantically re-clicked the refresh link and prayed.

Hey Presto! I had just won a Nintendo Wii for £175 including postage and currency fees!

I know it may be a German Wii, but does that really matter....I mean, apart from the plug being different (I have bought an adapter for this) is there any other problems that may arise from buying it from Germany?

Anyway, if you are stuck for buying one from the UK I would strongly advise looking at buying one from mainland Europe as it seems that there is more stock available (for some unknown reason) and they are a damn site cheaper than UK sellers on ebay.

I just can't get over the fact that I have got a Wii £5 cheaper than what the retail price is!!!!

Anyway, if you have any success stories of how you got your Wii then post it here for everyone to read!!!!

P.S - Does anyone know any good sites that tell you everything you need to know about Wii's? It's just that I have a few questions regarding how to connect to the internet etc and about Wii points....I've been looking but can't seem to find anything!

Cheers - Trussmaster :)