PDA

View Full Version : Dreamcast Picture problem

djh82uk
March 12th, 2007, 15:02
heya

I bought a used dreamcast today, plugged it in and the picture is all hay wire, like so bad that you cannot make anything out, it is a pal console and on a pal tv, tried re-tuning the channel and no good, tried another TV and the same problem, so took it back to the shop, got another one and exactly the same problem.

Any Ideas?

Regards

DJH

djh82uk
March 12th, 2007, 16:30
ok, dunno how but I now have a picture but the colours are all messed up :(

beetroot bertie
March 12th, 2007, 20:51
Since it's happened twice I guess you can rule out a faulty AV port on the DC or RF cable (unless you're using the same leads, in which case they could be to blame).

It seems that it could be something to do with your set up. How is it all hooked up?

Is it direct to your TV via the aerial socket using the RF cable or are you using a scart lead? Is it going through any other devices such as a scart switcher box/VCR/DVD player etc?

If it's scart then sometimes a loose connection makes the colours go all funny. I have a cheaply manufactured scart box and the cables sit very loosely in it resulting in frequent colour issues if the DC scart cable isn't in just right.

That said it sounds like you're using the RF cable since you've mentioned tuning the TV. Have you tried moving the little switch on the RF Cable? The 'I' setting is for the UK, the 'G' for all other countries. That might help.