PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: No Denying It, PSP2 Is Coming

wraggster
March 12th, 2007, 17:40
via kotaku (http://kotaku.com/gaming/top/rumor-no-denying-it-psp2-is-coming-242845.php)

And not only that, it looks like it's coming later this year. There have been rumors ever since the DS Lite hit that Sony was also planning a redesign of its portable. Some of those rumors have ground in reality, some of them are just wishful thinking. Nothing official has been announced, and Sony has shot down any chatter regarding a redesign saying it's not happening. With all this, PSP2 looks to be a pipe-dream — Like it's not happening.

Apparently, it is.

Various third party and highly placed sources state that the PSP2 is coming. Speculation is swirling around the industry, and third party publishers are hoping to tie their games to the PSP2 launch. Thing is, Sony has yet to pass along any information about when that will be. Meaning we won't see big third party titles at launch.

Word has it that a big announcement will most likely hit at E3 with Sony unveiling the redesigned portable. An announcement of launch date (which should be sometime 4th quarter) is entirely possible as well. The redesigned product apparently does exist as this is what we've heard so far:

The screen is gorgeous
The loads are faster
Improved buttons
Internal flash — 8GB
Possible touch-screen
Possible built-in camera
Uses UMD
The recent blockbuster success in Japan should prove that the PSP is anything but dead and deserving of a make-over. Stay tuned!

GREAT NEWS FOR PSP OWNERS WORLDWIDE

daddar
March 12th, 2007, 17:48
via kotaku (http://kotaku.com/gaming/top/rumor-no-denying-it-psp2-is-coming-242845.php)

And not only that, it looks like it's coming later this year. There have been rumors ever since the DS Lite hit that Sony was also planning a redesign of its portable. Some of those rumors have ground in reality, some of them are just wishful thinking. Nothing official has been announced, and Sony has shot down any chatter regarding a redesign saying it's not happening. With all this, PSP2 looks to be a pipe-dream — Like it's not happening.

Apparently, it is.

Various third party and highly placed sources state that the PSP2 is coming. Speculation is swirling around the industry, and third party publishers are hoping to tie their games to the PSP2 launch. Thing is, Sony has yet to pass along any information about when that will be. Meaning we won't see big third party titles at launch.

Word has it that a big announcement will most likely hit at E3 with Sony unveiling the redesigned portable. An announcement of launch date (which should be sometime 4th quarter) is entirely possible as well. The redesigned product apparently does exist as this is what we've heard so far:

The screen is gorgeous
The loads are faster
Improved buttons
Internal flash — 8GB
Possible touch-screen
Possible built-in camera
Uses UMD
The recent blockbuster success in Japan should prove that the PSP is anything but dead and deserving of a make-over. Stay tuned!

The PSP2 will probly have really good security on it so you cant play copied games

g00gy
March 12th, 2007, 17:55
Golden PSP Rule: No homebrew or postation = no buy

hatrix
March 12th, 2007, 18:02
This is sad for PSP owners, not great news. If this is coming out, we just shell out $300 for an inferior product (less the homebrew and custom firmware of course)

ICE
March 12th, 2007, 18:05
no brew no buy.

yoshinatsu
March 12th, 2007, 18:08
no brew no buy.

No matter what, if the PSP remake has no homebrew, then:p

Shrygue
March 12th, 2007, 18:14
I love playing homebrew. If this PSP 2 is made and blocks that, I definately won't be getting it (unless someone cracks the security).

zackforbing
March 12th, 2007, 18:33

...WHO WANT TO SHELL OUT MORE MONEY FOR AN EVEN MORE LOCKED DOWN VERSION OF A SYSTEM THEY ALREADY OWN!

Axelius
March 12th, 2007, 18:56
unless someone cracks the security
Sometime every security is cracked...

freitax
March 12th, 2007, 19:04
great?

shadowhawk22
March 12th, 2007, 19:04
I have a feeling this new PSP will inheritely deny homebrew. It is possible, and quite probable.

But guys, Sony has denied this time and time again! I mean, how are they going to look if one day they are suddenly like, "Oops, we lied to you, we have been developing a PSP2".

They will look even worse! Dammit I hate Sony. I love the PSP to death, but I just hate Sony sooo much.

Cokemusic
March 12th, 2007, 19:10
PSP2 how many years after the original PSP , this completley discredits any PSP console in circulation at the moment , how long was the PS2 around before the ps3 was anounced , a good 4 years at least.

Think about it people it ain't as good as you think, if a PSP2 is coming soon , we've been scammed I feel like i'm holding a dud in my hand now.

drock82
March 12th, 2007, 19:11
hmmmm let me see:rolleyes:

psp1:

popstation
genesis
mame
cps2,cps1
neo geo
gameboy advance
daedulus
snes
master system
gameboy color

psp2:

security
more security
unhackable

eehh no thinks i stay with psp1:thumbup:

factor remix
March 12th, 2007, 19:19
I wanna see this for PSP2:

-Sensor SIXASIS
-Rumble
-2 Analog Sticks
-R2 and L2
-Hard Drive
-Better Screen
-Built-in Camara
-Bluethoot
-Plug-in for a Wifi Card (to have internet in any place)
-128MB Ram
-Wii-Xbox360 Graphics
-Allow Hombrews

but I know its not going to happen :(

Ichijoe
March 12th, 2007, 19:24
Do the Words "Once bitten twice shy!" ring any Bells?!
S0NY®™ would have to be an even BIGGER IDIOT, then I was back when I decided to actually get this retched thing.
So far only a handfull of Emus and Popstation have managed to give the System any life.

So bring on the PSP˛™ ~Electric Boogaloo~, w/the immediate (if not imminent), return of UMD™ Movies aswell!!
As a "Last-Gen." Owner, One wonders if the PSP˛™ will get just as screwed over as the First One.

Well at least they can't blame it on the on-going devlopment of the PS3™, this time!!

PSP2 how many years after the original PSP , this completley discredits any PSP console in circulation at the moment , how long was the PS2 around before the ps3 was anounced , a good 4 years at least.

Think about it people it ain't as good as you think, if a PSP2 is coming soon , we've been scammed I feel like i'm holding a dud in my hand now.

I think the problem is... And everyone hear knows it, weather they care to actually admit it or not is:

The PSP™ hasn't got Four Years, not even Two (since it's already been out for over Two Years ~in Japan~.
Besides the PS2™ was launched back in 2000; Seven Years ago, and only the PS3™ has the power to kill it!!

Shrygue
March 12th, 2007, 19:26
Sony should have waited at least about 5 years before intending to make a PSP 2 after making the first one. Right now the current one has been around for 2 years.

Nightmarus
March 12th, 2007, 19:34
No way i'm buying another psp, first i'm not gonna let my homebrew,second psp1 is already expensive u can already guess the price of psp2.
Of course psp need some new devices, but right now Its Good "GAMES" that psp needs,monster hunter 2 is a good exemple.

Dj Beast
March 12th, 2007, 19:37
Sony should have waited at least about 5 years before intending to make a PSP 2 after making the first one. Right now the current one has been around for 2 years.

I agree with you :)
If not 5 years, 4 years at least.

LilSwish722
March 12th, 2007, 19:45
The screen is gorgeous - YAY!
The loads are faster - YAY!
Improved buttons - YAY!
Internal flash — 8GB - HELL YEA!
Possible touch-screen - WOO!
Possible built-in camera - YAY!
Uses UMD - meh, dont care
No homebrew - NO BUY!

weirdelf
March 12th, 2007, 19:59
I wanna see this for PSP2:

-Sensor SIXASIS
-Rumble
-2 Analog Sticks
-R2 and L2
-Hard Drive
-Better Screen
-Built-in Camara
-Bluethoot
-Plug-in for a Wifi Card (to have internet in any place)
-128MB Ram
-Wii-Xbox360 Graphics
-Allow Hombrews

but I know its not going to happen :(

Rumble and sixaxis would not work at all on a handheld

Ultima Chocochu
March 12th, 2007, 20:03
Kinda rip-offy if they go touch screen, somethings about it do sound cool but
PSP hasn't even had a long life, making a PSP2 and releasing it this year would be kinda stupid
I think they should at least wait another year or two

It most likely will either be completely unhomebrewable, or take forever to hack, but remember what we thought was impossible with the PSP now has been made a reality, anything can happen.

DarthPaul
March 12th, 2007, 20:12
I really don't want a new PSP. I'm in love with mine =(

Ichijoe
March 12th, 2007, 20:14
Kinda rip-offy if they go touch screen, somethings about it do sound cool but
PSP hasn't even had a long life, making a PSP2 and releasing it this year would be kinda stupid
I think they should at least wait another year or two

It most likely will either be completely unhomebrewable, or take forever to hack, but remember what we thought was impossible with the PSP now has been made a reality, anything can happen.

Oddly enough I disagree.
Would it s*ck for us "Old-timers" yep it would, but if and ONLY **IF** S0NY®™ actually bothered to play there Cards right.
A new PSP˛™ could bing w/it some refound intrest in the Product.

But, my guess is it would just be a BIGGER, more Expensive Multi-Media Device that ~may~ (just that ~may~ be able to play Games).

And knowing now what I wish I had then (Sep. 1, 2005), I would have given the PSP™ the Finger!
And S0NY®™ have no one to blame but themselves!!

Triv1um
March 12th, 2007, 20:16
Same here man.

Touch screen wouldnt suit the PSP.

+ If there is no homebrew i most sirtainly will not be getting the PSP2.

Maybe sony will listen to the players and enable a way of homebrew but with no piracy risks.

Solidsnake3000
March 12th, 2007, 20:19
i believe in Noobz and Dark Alex so eitherway the psp2 will get hacked

Uchuu
March 12th, 2007, 20:21
If this is just a remake of the PSP, and not a true PSP2, it better not even see the light of day. That'll just hurt the PSP even more. Plus all PSP fans will feel betrayed.

And if it is a PSP2....when is it going to come out? Better not be anytime soon. Like maybe 3+ years from now. I wouldn't mind if Sony says that they're going to make a 2nd gen PSP and release it in like 2010 or later.

Ultima Chocochu
March 12th, 2007, 20:33
Oddly enough I disagree.
Would it s*ck for us "Old-timers" yep it would, but if and ONLY **IF** S0NY®™ actually bothered to play there Cards right.
A new PSP˛™ could bing w/it some refound intrest in the Product.

But, my guess is it would just be a BIGGER, more Expensive Multi-Media Device that ~may~ (just that ~may~ be able to play Games).

And knowing now what I wish I had then (Sep. 1, 2005), I would have given the PSP™ the Finger!
And S0NY®™ have no one to blame but themselves!!

I don't disagree with you, it could come out as a great new console if it did things right, but Sony hasn't done much right lately

I'm in love with my PSP now, I've had it for about a year or so and upgrade isn't even in line
Even if they were trying to do like the DS
(DS to DS-Lite)
Most of the Homebrew users wouldn't buy it, cause nothing could really be done with it for quite some time
I didn't think Sony was ripping off anything with the PS3, they just had to compete
But if you go touch screen with a PSP, that's a definite rip-off of the only other handheld out right now.

I just really think they need to be smarter with what they do, lately they haven't done much right is what I was saying.

jonezybaby
March 12th, 2007, 20:36
The screen is gorgeous - YAY!
The loads are faster - YAY!
Improved buttons - YAY!
Internal flash — 8GB - HELL YEA!
Possible touch-screen - WOO!
Possible built-in camera - YAY!
Uses UMD - meh, dont care
No homebrew - NO BUY!

I Second That Motion! lol

Solidsnake3000
March 12th, 2007, 20:46
ok this is very of topic but does any one know how to use rapidshare or mega upload for an unlimited about of time pm me if u know how the reason iam posting this is when u post on a new thread your answers come faster you know

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
March 12th, 2007, 21:27
have faith guys...we have brilliant hackers that surly can hack it!! just wait!!!!!

Cloud_35
March 12th, 2007, 21:41
Wanna define "GREAT"???

Now it's settled. First Lik-Sang. Now this. I HAAAAAAAAAAATE Sony!!!! We pay 300 bucks for a seemingly crap console and make it better, just for getting another, superior version less than two years later??

Sony: go to hell.

Broadus
March 12th, 2007, 21:55
Mmhmm, right... Well, they'd better add a second analog stick, and support for homebrew while at the same time preventing pirated games.
And why stick with the UMDs? I thought Blu-ray discs were the future.

Cokemusic
March 12th, 2007, 22:18
You can't enable homebrew without enabling piracy , that's the only thing holding sony back.

Once the doors are open we run in any F***ing direction we like with it.

factor remix
March 12th, 2007, 22:20
Mmhmm, right...
And why stick with the UMDs? I thought Blu-ray discs were the future.

I hope the dont make UBD (Universal Blu-ray Disk), its going to be like $200 for the player and each disk is going to worth like $30

claquesous
March 12th, 2007, 22:20
and yet...

GDC 2007: No Redesign for PSP (http://psp.ign.com/articles/771/771743p1.html) from ign

Cokemusic
March 12th, 2007, 22:35
Re-design for PSP doesn't necaserily mean a next gen handheld.

Ultima Chocochu
March 12th, 2007, 23:06
Is this just gonna be like a DS-Lite in the end?
If so why name it PSP2?
Why not something else?

wiredforpower
March 12th, 2007, 23:07
Feh....were probably going to here "Introducing firmware 4.0 with redesigned PSP" at E3. The only reason to get this is to run homebrew better! The touchscreen seems too much of a knockoff of the DS. The best thing to do would be just wait for the firmware that comes with it to be hacked then get the redesigned PSP off of PlayAsia

XxunknowxX
March 12th, 2007, 23:15
well i think sony would release a PSP2 or remake very soon knowing both their first psp is hackable and they are losing ALOT of money about 75% of the ppl that own a PSP download their games even if u deniy it u are prob the one that has the most. 15% know about hacks but were dumb to update to 3.10 or .11, 5% have no clue on hacking/isos/emulators or anything their PSPs can do and 5% have 1 but doesnt use it. I think sony would release one and also a touch screen would REALLY SUCKS if it works in games but if it works to like type stuff in like a keyboard or something that would be fine R2 + L2 would make games even harder to play. i personally dont care about homebrew i personally dont like it cuz just like cwcheat mess up socom. I would get the new PSP
1. because i belive in DAX, Noodz, and all the other hackers. 2. i would still have my 1st PSP so i can still use it with homebrew (even though i dont) and still enjoy the games that come out for the new PSP.
3. and if it is actually NOT HACKABLE THANK GOD no more HACKING IN SOCOM. is my personal opinion.

Buddy4point0
March 12th, 2007, 23:18
after they crack the firmware on this i will deffinantly buy

Shadowblind
March 12th, 2007, 23:57
Golden PSP Rule: No homebrew or postation = no buy

Same here. I only want the PSP for homebrew. Nothing less.

Wanna define "GREAT"???

Now it's settled. First Lik-Sang. Now this. I HAAAAAAAAAAATE Sony!!!! We pay 300 bucks for a seemingly crap console and make it better, just for getting another, superior version less than two years later??

Sony: go to hell.

Can't say I disagree one bit with that post.

Cloudhunter
March 12th, 2007, 23:59
Geez... people seem to be taking a rumour too seriously...

If you ask me, releasing another handheld is stupid right now and probably wont happen for years.

Cloudy

jpc2
March 13th, 2007, 00:02
first off, like stated before sony has already stated no psp2 in the works. second, they can not do touch screen with any application to games unless the make psp2 like PS2 and have a completely new CPU system. Which in that case sony can go sit on a fat one cuase i wont buy into that shit. especially only 2 years after release. Hopefully they can crack down on ISO loading. Although i love it for loading the games i own, wink, to make the batter last longer, it is very detrimental to the psp profits. As sony said way back yonder, " as with all our systems as long as they are still profitable we will produce software for the systems." Now if they did release a psp 2, depending on the size and functionality of it, i would only buy if there was a way to use homebrew. Although i am sure there are plenty of people who dont hack there psp to shit like i and many others do but come on lets face it, the portability of the psp with your favorite roms and ect are what make the damn thing worth $250 or in my case $300. Thanks for listening and sorry about spelling and grammar.

IM back!
March 13th, 2007, 01:51
grate new callenge for dax,noobs,and C+D

Alucardmoon
March 13th, 2007, 02:01
i hope it has the pop up analog pad like a cell phone i saw recently

F9zDark
March 13th, 2007, 03:06
Personally, I think the PSP2 will not ultimately be the answer to the DS. Yes it may have a touch screen, but in actuality I think its totally in response to the iPhone.

There is, as of yet, no news on whether the PSP2 will be able to be a phone. But to be perfectly honest, if it is capable of both VoIP and Cellular, the iPhone hasn't got a prayer.

Remember, the iPhone is Apple's response to handheld consoles. Gaming on the iPhone will NOT be easy and thus the market it is trying to dominate, will not sway towards it.

However, if Sony made a PSP2 with iPhone capabilities for Email, Web, and Phone Service, and threw in the gaming abilities of the PSP and PS1 Emu, Apple would not have a chance.

The Touchscreen is essential because it allows users to have access to a full QWERTY keyboard and Numeric pad for calls as well as allows for fresh games (similar to some DS games).

Point is, if this is true, I think its intended competitor is wholly the iPhone. Nintendo dominates the market as it is, but Sony wants to eliminate anymore competition. Three's a crowd don't ya know.

comicgeek
March 13th, 2007, 03:41
Hmmm I think if Sony were playing a fighting game what they are doing now is button-mashing hoping that a new revamped 'revolutionary' product would make a hit.

ICE
March 13th, 2007, 04:01
psp2 is just a rumor. i HIGHLY doubt it is real since the psp is supposed to reach its potential this year. a new psp wold make that statement a lie. it would have to be like a psp lite or something like that. stop arguing about what the psp2 will be capable of because ITS NOT REAL.

PSPdemon
March 13th, 2007, 04:28
My opinion/thoughts on the PSP2

apparently, we all want to know if it plays homebrew...and if their is one thing i know.... for every new console, there is a new hacker waiting to hack it :p .... so i think it will eventually be hacked

2ndly, im suspecting that the "games load faster" part means that the 333mhz has been up'ed to somthing more, meaning a faster processing power ( most-likely this will be a better newer version of the psp :like ps1 to ps2: ......hopefully )....thats just my guess....

8 gig internal hard-drive sounds very good....esspecial to all of us that cant afford the 8 gig card that cost more than the console itself.

Touch screen- im not to thrilled with, but i could see some interesting things come out of it.... ( though i dont want me psp2 to be thought of as a ds rip off...... ) im still wondering how they would pull it off

Built in camera would make it like the mylo.....which is really cool, cause i always carry around my psp, and i see somthing wishing i had my camera...but dont have it......( dam )

Use of umds.......please, im sick and tired of them..... i find myself breaking the cases for the umds' and not being able to replace those cases....ussualy causing some error within the disk, or the disk being pressed to tightly causing the disk not able to read..... gets pretty annoying after awhile... why not move to a mini dvd type disk....WHY!!!

finnaly, i think that the PSP2 is worth looking at and possibly buying (as long as its not just a better-looking psp with a few added features...better have more power!!!! ) and if all goes well, and is hacked, i bieleve that we could see some interesting things happen...

ill get it as long as its not over $300....

i wonder though, if they are going to increase the flash....to somthing like 64 mb's....... would be sweet :p

anyway,

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

wolfrainxd
March 13th, 2007, 09:12
i hope they accept free trade in psp for psp2

Ichijoe
March 13th, 2007, 12:02
I love how this Site promotes Piracy **Cough** Homebrew, but what I 'see' here is absolutely no mention of the ~underlying~ cause of the PSPs™ ultimate FAILURE!!

... Which would be?!? (...For Ten Points)

... If you said 'Content Exclusive' ~Commercial Titles~ you just scored yourself a Gold-Star!!

Homebrew, like Pretty Pictures, Nice Music and Internet access is all SECONDARY to the actual Gaming Aspect of any System Home or Hand-Held...

PLZKLLME0080
March 13th, 2007, 13:36
no brew no buy.

Same here.

scottyboynow
March 13th, 2007, 13:39
I personally would not buy a games console with a touch screen, unless it was ultra sensetive.

bah
March 13th, 2007, 14:04
Ichijoe: Your a tool. Grow up. This site does not promote piracy.

Homebrew, even emulators, and pirated commercial PSP games are not the same thing. Im sick of ISO kiddies making irrational arguments to justify their actions.

If your saying the low quality of games is causing the poor sales and ISOs have no effect, therefor its just fine to pirate PSP games, you'd be contradicting yourself by showing the games are worth playing wouldn't you?

If the cause of low game sales was entirely the quality of those games, then surely noone would want to play them, so ISOs wouldn't exist at the levels they do now.

The reason people pirate games is because they are cheap or don't want to work for things. If you say a game sucks so you wont buy it, then pirate the game, your a ****ing hypocrite.

Oh yes, and I spend more time with PSPBeeb (BBC model B emu) and MMSPlus (SMS emu) than I do playing PSP games, I would not have purchased a PSP if homebrew was not a possibility. Granted for many users this is not the case, but for myself homebrew is clearly a PRIMARY feature.

Stone Temple Pilots
March 13th, 2007, 14:29
If PSP2 has more security patches and a near-impossible to break security system in it, I ain't touchin' it. I love playing PSone games on me faithful PSP. Hopefully this system bombs. Sony should just put out cheaper memory sticks instead and a camera plug-in or something.

drock82
March 13th, 2007, 20:00
theres no need to get another PSP, the one we have is pretty much the same features they have now except touch screen,besides the 8 gig is gonna be here soon.and the camera is already onboard...so tell me what will i be missing to me the best overall feature is the emulators,and boy do we have alot:thumbup: