PDA

View Full Version : PSP Game Maker

wraggster
March 12th, 2007, 17:45
News from reanimate (http://www.team-armogeddon.co.nr/):

hey guys look at the sketches and basic program i made for this project....i came up with this idea, (maby in VB or C# or C or C++ what ever) we could make a game maker that uses Lua programming to make psp games.

simiar to game maker

my concept is very CRAP and the design will probably not be used but that about as much VB as i know

here are some concept sketches

by the way the buttons along the top are;

the first buton on the sketch is New
the second is Open
The third is Save

the forth is test
the fifth is compile to eboot (lua file)

the sixth is add sprite
the seventh is add a sound
the eight is add a custom code
the nineth is add a room
the tenth is add a prgrammable object eg player

(sorry i know its crappy but its all i could do in the time i had)

use it and see what i mean, we can have it like if you put this code picture and setting here then this code snipet will be placed here

the custom lua code for advanced people...

pressing add sprite would be like;

(first copy the file to the games temp folder then add the code to the begining of the index.lua code its editing)

load.image("data/sprite.png")

(or somthing)

maybe (i think we can im not sure) if we use the source for the lua player for windows and mod it to fit here for testing the game and then use a precompiled case that needs a index.lua file that it follows (got one, not hard but i do have one) then all the gfx and sounds will be kept in a folder next to it called data

if you want we can (maybe) incorperate the lua encrypter to encrypt the .lua code you make so no one can take it

this software would alow nearly anyone to make homebrew

wot do u think?

it a idea in progress so i come here plus this will mean alot more homebrew will come out

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via reanimate (http://forums.qj.net/showpost.php?p=1441929&postcount=1)

Man
March 12th, 2007, 17:49
Sounds like a good way to learn the basics of coding, and a fun way to make your own PSP games, i love the idea.

Shrygue
March 12th, 2007, 18:27
A game maker sounds good to have.

tyranted
March 12th, 2007, 18:30
the idea is great, but the main problem will be the modulate game engine for this project. on windows machines it is not that hard to create simple sprite games, but on the psp it is much trickier. thinking about creating a gamemaker for 3d games is nearly impossible atm.
but i hope that there will be a staff of people creating something like this, because i think it would help the beginners to get into the whole thing.

sorry for my bad english ^^ i'm german

Apoklepz
March 12th, 2007, 18:33
Huh?! It's just concept...doesn't do anything yet?

Anyways...Good idea none the less. Please develop furthermore. I'm sure coding noobs (like me) would appreciate this when it reaches true potential.

Solidsnake3000
March 12th, 2007, 20:46
ok this is very of topic but does any one know how to use rapidshare or mega upload for an unlimited about of time pm me if u know how the reason iam posting this is when u post on a new thread your answers come faster you know

Tinnus
March 13th, 2007, 15:53
You're stupid.

Not for the question, but for posting it completely off-topic just so people will see you.

BTW I know the answer: buy the lifetime license.

yaustar
March 13th, 2007, 15:56
Given the thread at QJ, he really doesn't have a real idea of what he is looking at doing.

http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-development-forum-11/t-psp-game-maker-updated-100036.html