PDA

View Full Version : Upgraded Moonshell 1.6 to 1.7

gohan2091
March 12th, 2007, 20:46
Hi, let me start of by saying I have an M3 Simply and a DS Lite. I first used Moonshell when version 1.6 came out. There are 2 ways I know of accessing Moonshell, one way was to go to the GAME section under the M3 Simply menu and select the MoonShell_R4TF_M3Simply-R4DS (MicroSD Card) file. The other way (which is the way I use) is to select MUTLIMEDIA under the M3 Simply menu and Moonshell would automatically boot up.

Moonshell 1.7 is now released and I wanted to upgrade. I deleted the moonshell folder and the MoonShell_R4TF_M3Simply-R4DS (MicroSD Card) file from my SanDisk microSD card. I then ran the Moonshell 1.7 setup and installed it on my microSD card.

I have a problem...

When loading Moonshell via the GAME section way, Moonshell 1.7 loads fine, however if I select the MULTIMEDIA section under the M3 Simply menu, Moonshell 1.6 loads up instead. How is this so? I deleted the old Moonshell files! Why is version 1.6 loading up under the MULTIMEDIA section?

Thanks for any help.

gohan2091
March 13th, 2007, 09:19
Got the answer from another forum, thanks

Tikker
April 1st, 2007, 21:14
well, what was teh solution?

gohan2091
April 2nd, 2007, 09:35
well, what was teh solution?

The M3 software has Moonshell 1.6 built into it. When clicking on the MULTIMEDIA button, it loads the file _DS_MSHL which is the M3's Moonshell file.

To get a later version of Moonshell working when clicking on MULTIMEDIA, following these instructions...

- Delete _DS_MSHL and make a duplicate of the Moonshell 1.7 file that you use to launch the program e.g MoonShell_R4TF_M3Simply-R4DS (MicroSD Card) and rename it _DS_MSHL.

Now when you click MULTIMEDIA, it will still load the _DS_MSHL file but that file now contains 1.7 and not 1.6.

Tikker
April 2nd, 2007, 17:44
good deal, thanks

Guess I"ll be updating my R4 tonight ;)

Kazayami
April 2nd, 2007, 22:06
Thanks for the tip ;)

No matter what OS, preffered software always causes problems...