PDA

View Full Version : SCEP v1.0 beta 3

jak66
March 12th, 2007, 20:46
New release of one of the greatest plugins ever from poisonhzkj

It too busy to update it last week..so I do it now..
It is still in beta....

Add:
play iso/cso via USBHost.
define hot key.
some change in system information(now its more ugly:( )

There is a huge bug in USBHost..... you cant host or enter a folder in which there r more than 25 items including ./ and ../
About the stack or heap? Any idea in fixing this huge bug? contact me (hbpoison#gmail.com)

delete ur setting.dat if u got a previous version installed before update

Just enable the scep.prx in vsh.txt
if u want to use the usbhost enable usbmg.prx in game.txt
and start the usbhost_fs you can find everywhere in your PC...

have fun!

Attatched is regular plugin (ran from ms0:/seplugins), and moddified version that runs from flash0/flash1 (except for USB host, left that on memory stick)
flash mod is mainly for password protecting your PSP (as it works even with no memory stick)

NOTE: FLASH MOD ONLY TESTED ON 3.10 OE-A'

SCREENSHOT!!!

http://www.2alien.info/stuff/screenshot008.jpg

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Triv1um
March 12th, 2007, 20:49
im gonna pretend i didnt see those ISO's :D:D

Good release

jak66
March 12th, 2007, 21:05
their not my screenshots, their poisonhzkj's

drEDN4wt
March 12th, 2007, 22:21
so what does scep do? other than what it says above ofk

avtools
March 12th, 2007, 22:30
This version of the plugin seems to have a compatibility problem with irsmp3.prx (if both plugins are enabled the PSP do not start), but I found how to make it work with SCEP: copying the "irsmp3.prx" plugin (and its other files) into the SCEP directory, and renaming the plugin to "vshanalog.prx" and now ... move the original "vshanalog.prx to ms0:/seplugins folder, add it to vsh.txt and enable it directly in recovery menu, if you want to use the analog stick feature... Enable the irsmp3.prx using the Settings -> VSH analog -> Enable.

A side effect of this workaround is that the irsmp3.prx may start playing automatically when you enter and exit from SCEP if the irsmp3.prx is enabled.

wiredforpower
March 12th, 2007, 22:33
Nice! Thanks a lot. And dont pirate! :p

RobeTT
March 12th, 2007, 22:44
thnx! gonna try it out!that flash!:)

DarthPaul
March 12th, 2007, 23:06
I've been waiting for an update to this. Thanks.

IM back!
March 13th, 2007, 00:41
is got stabillity isus
on my psp. It has random crashes when going to XMB

Veskgar
March 13th, 2007, 07:55
Still haven't tried this but it looks like its coming along nicely. Very impressive plugin.

rowanmcau
March 13th, 2007, 10:27
hey i cant get this app to work at all the old releasedid but this one does nothing at i can't get it to open the menu. anyone able to help me?

froggie22
March 13th, 2007, 11:15
Just enable the scep.prx in vsh.txt
if u want to use the usbhost enable usbmg.prx in game.txt
and start the usbhost_fs you can find everywhere in your PC...

So how do i start the usbhost_fs?? im using vista can anybody help

Airdevil
March 13th, 2007, 12:04
the flash version bricked my psp version 3.10 OE-A'...... luckily i could still access recovery......

just a warning to you all

LeviFF
March 13th, 2007, 12:38
the flash version bricked my psp version 3.10 OE-A'...... luckily i could still access recovery......
I second that :(

axelixc
March 13th, 2007, 12:46
QUOTE - There is a huge bug in USBHost..... you cant host or enter a folder in which there r more than 25 items including ./ and ../

it can't load even a single iso. When I enter Mount USBhost, I could see my game. But when I click the iso, it just froze at XMB and then PSP shutoff.

PS: I only host 1 iso in the folder. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Cloudhunter
March 13th, 2007, 13:14
We don't support ISO's here. But even so, it states clearly that:

Add:
play iso/cso via USBHost.

Which means he's yet to add it.

Cloudy

axelixc
March 13th, 2007, 13:37
We don't support ISO's here. But even so, it states clearly that:

Cloudy

Sorry but I only ripped my own umd. I have only limited 5 UMDs so I can't really test it beyond 25.:eek:

this beta 3 clearly says that play iso/cso via USBHost is added. It has already been added dude. It just the missing link that I can't initiate my umd iso.:)

LeviFF
March 13th, 2007, 13:46
He he =)
Quite an odd way to launch backuped games...
I just mounted usbhost_fs....selected .iso and then psp rebooted o_O
After that you are in game and if you press exit...xmb launches...
_______
Sorry for my engrish %)

axelixc
March 13th, 2007, 15:02
He he =)
Quite an odd way to launch backuped games...
I just mounted usbhost_fs....selected .iso and then psp rebooted o_O
After that you are in game and if you press exit...xmb launches...
_______
Sorry for my engrish %)

I did exactly what u said but after selecting my backup iso, the psp won't boot. it just hanged and turn off. What wrong?:confused: :confused:

Killeroid
March 13th, 2007, 15:57

just a warning to you all

Same thing happened to me but i fixed it. I first deleted the VSHanalog.prx bundled with the plugin in the flash0 folder. Then instead of using his pspbtcnf.txt bundled with the plugin, i just used my own pspbtncnf.txt from my psp's flash0. i just opened it and right after line 62 ($/kd/vshbridge.prx) ,I put this on a new line ($/kd/scep.prx)

jak66
March 13th, 2007, 19:18
But even so, it states clearly that:

Cloudy

Actually cloudy, the add list is everything thats been added this release.

Same thing happened to me but i fixed it. I first deleted the VSHanalog.prx bundled with the plugin in the flash0 folder. Then instead of using his pspbtcnf.txt bundled with the plugin, i just used my own pspbtncnf.txt from my psp's flash0. i just opened it and right after line 62 ($/kd/vshbridge.prx) ,I put this on a new line ($/kd/scep.prx)

:confused: VSHanalog was bundled in flash1, not flash0, and everything works fine for me. The txt file is decripted so shouldn't brick other PSPs, try disabling all other plugins and try again before simply saying 'OMGZ, this brickorz mah Pe Es Pe'

akito77
March 13th, 2007, 21:23
Hey all. Does this plugin work in "game"?
I know it works in "vsh".

:BTW:
Loading things off of my computer through the usb function of this plugin works for me.

:EDIT:
NVM. I tried it out and it doesn't work in "game"

rowanmcau
March 13th, 2007, 21:50
can someone plz send me there settings file to see if that can help me get this to work.

zoson
March 13th, 2007, 22:58
This version of the plugin seems to have a compatibility problem with irsmp3.prx (if both plugins are enabled the PSP do not start), but I found how to make it work with SCEP: copying the "irsmp3.prx" plugin (and its other files) into the SCEP directory, and renaming the plugin to "vshanalog.prx" and now ... move the original "vshanalog.prx to ms0:/seplugins folder, add it to vsh.txt and enable it directly in recovery menu, if you want to use the analog stick feature... Enable the irsmp3.prx using the Settings -> VSH analog -> Enable.

A side effect of this workaround is that the irsmp3.prx may start playing automatically when you enter and exit from SCEP if the irsmp3.prx is enabled.

I did this, and it works in the VSH. But now I cannot play mp3's while playing my homebrew/iso/umd. The fix also seems to make my xmb unstable.

I tried making a copy of irsmp3 and its needed files, and only enabling it in GAME, but this does not seem to work either. Finally, I enabled scep in GAME, but that did nothing too.

What I see that this mod does is try to unify several mods, and provide a graphical interface. Overclocking, screen capture, vsh analog, reset, power off, and several OE firmware functions are present.

The biggest downfall I see is that you can't play your mp3's in games/homebrews with the irsmp3.prx any more. Also, since it doesn't work in games/homebrew's you still need a capture plug in, and or any other plugins you use.

Cloudhunter
March 13th, 2007, 23:43
Actually cloudy, the add list is everything thats been added this release.
My apologies. Read it wrong.

Cloudy

skygazer4k
March 15th, 2007, 00:20
Can someone post a little detailed info on this plugin. It comes with no help and I cant even figure out how to start the interface for it. I enabled the plugins in recovery mode but now my psp just freezes after booting the xmb..ATM, i'm using hagisbasheruk's usbmount plugin along with usbhosts with 3.03OE-B. Thank's....SkyG'

Compozitor
April 30th, 2007, 22:16
Does it work with 3.40 OE-A?? I think yes, but i need proof :)

minister
May 1st, 2007, 11:10
Does it work with 3.40 OE-A?? I think yes, but i need proof :)

For me does not. But at least not crashes my PSP like the previous version for 3.30.