PDA

View Full Version : Ocarina of Time DS

Hirosen
March 12th, 2007, 22:26
Im going to make a remake of Ocarina of Time for the DS.

Originally I was going to port it or emulate it but now I realize that though emulating may be possible it would be so slow that it would take a week to get to the great deku tree.
Porting is 99.9% impossible unless Nintendo miraculously releases the source code.

Dont be suprised if its not even half as good.

Now lets hope this sees the light of day so all may play ocarina of time on their toilets!

ganondorf
March 12th, 2007, 22:38
Entertainment on the toilet... sounds fun.

Shadowblind
March 12th, 2007, 22:44
Indeed, if Possible, I would really like to see it done. :)

TeenDev
March 12th, 2007, 23:17
how would u port it? I j\highly doubt it is open source.

Hirosen
March 12th, 2007, 23:59
how would u port it? I j\highly doubt it is open source.

Well Im going to try and find the decryption key and if I cant do that then Im going to make somthing to emulate it. (Though its true that the DS cant emulate N64, it CAN emulate an N64 game.

Bottom screen will be set up to work as the c buttons.

TeenDev
March 13th, 2007, 00:02
I wish you good luck on your impossible task

wolfpack
March 13th, 2007, 00:54
ill just use the n64 emulator for the psp, thats good enough for me

Zion
March 13th, 2007, 01:06
Im going to port Ocarina of Time to the DS.

Well Im going to try and find the decryption key

good luck with that :rolleyes: :rofl: :rofl:

eddlovesit
March 13th, 2007, 01:08
sounds good

gameO_Ofreak
March 13th, 2007, 11:40
lol good luck with that i wish i knew how to do stuff like that i wanna get sonic 3 on my ds but no megadrive emulators work for my ds but being able to play Ocarina of Time again sounds good(if u get that working make me a sega emulator :-P)

eomund
March 15th, 2007, 23:31
If you can pull it off it would be awsome, but I thought our systems had to be like 7 times more powerful than the original system you emulating from (Yes I read the sticky :p ). But ya I absolutley love the game and if you could pull it off kudos.

fillbrick
March 21st, 2007, 02:59
this would be the BEST EVER

DancinWookie
March 24th, 2007, 04:32
Before saying your going to do it, wouldn't it be wise to have already worked on to surprise people, Because if you do come through with it. You will disappoint many. Personally I would like a pure NDS version when I buy my copy of the new one coming out this October, kinda like the promotion the did for wind waker wouldn't that be cool.

raptordave
March 27th, 2007, 17:56
DO IT bitch or ill kill your cat!!!

raptordave
March 27th, 2007, 17:57
AND then Ill eat it, becuase dats wat raptors do!? They eat cats

Zion
March 27th, 2007, 19:12
rofl, what he is attempting to do is impossible.

dont get your hopes up.

you cant port a game with no source code.

thinking that mario64 was converted to the ds by some hacking method is naive.

Its never going to happen unless he either A) makes a clone of it.

or B) nintendo do it

tsimehC
March 27th, 2007, 19:44
Good luck dude. It's an extremely high mountain you're about to climb. Don't fall at the bottom.

Krisbam
March 27th, 2007, 21:14
Unfortunately, I can't even wish you good luck as I'm 110% sure that you've set a goal far, far out of your reach.

It would even take Nintendo ages to do this, and they have the source code for the original game.

SushiP
March 29th, 2007, 21:48
It probably wouldn't take Nintendo long to port it, but it's COMPLETELY impossible to do without the source code.

tuta
March 30th, 2007, 08:05
thers one for the PC but the creator passed a way it was based on the snes ver of link to the past heres a video of it If u can really make this tribute it to him.
Making a snes rom hack is cool too.

Video
http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=24406

Topic
http://culture.joystiq.com/2007/03/25/2d-ocarina-of-time-creator-dies-in-car-accident/

Mr_Biggs
March 30th, 2007, 20:30
for those who read my sticky on the subject, thanks for posting. i have taught thee well. i know for sure you cant make a port, my friend, but if you were really bored and skilled with the homebrew dev kits, then you might be able to make a watered down, built from scratch version of the game for ds, using your own models and skins. but if you plan to use emulation, sorry, it wont happen.

chiken_boi
April 7th, 2007, 03:27
:( i wish he could make it even if it was scratch that would be so fun but if they made quake i think he qould make zelda sooooooo what ever everything is possible with the possibilities that they aint

Welshboy
April 7th, 2007, 04:10
No quake was ported because the source code was released for it........if they released the HL1 source we could have a go at porting that for the PSP. But Nintendo? releasing the source for an N64 game?

Your having a laugh son.

Bomberman10
May 9th, 2007, 21:14
dude, If you do actually get this, you must do this to Goldeneye for the N64 and Starfox. Those would be awesome on the DS.

The King
May 9th, 2007, 22:01
dude, If you do actually get this, you must do this to Goldeneye for the N64 and Starfox. Those would be awesome on the DS.
hell yea they would

Xerion12
May 10th, 2007, 02:13
That would indeed be awesome, to have all those 64 games on our DS..

XioN980
May 10th, 2007, 10:02
i hate to bring an aspiring kid down but: It cannot be done, You cannot get the source for the game, so you cant port it. You'd have to import a texture pack that brings in mind the Ds's limitations, and it would look shithouse without the proper textures, trust me man, your barking up the wrooooong tree.

Gold Line
May 10th, 2007, 15:01
zelda 64 on ds no way!

Tikker
May 10th, 2007, 18:02
while you're at it, maybe you can just port Oblivion to the DS as well

Gold Line
May 10th, 2007, 18:03
or port zelda twilight princess to the ds

Bomberman10
May 12th, 2007, 02:56
Anyone here be willing to help with a PAlib homebrew Zelda DS project?

monaug5
May 16th, 2007, 16:29
If u are making this game it is possibly but it wouldnt be able to run better than 2-3 fps.

Bomberman10 i have pm'ed u!

silverfire56
May 20th, 2007, 11:44
people this is not impossible emulating takes 6x the prosing power to convert the code but..... if you convert the code to nds code then it will run

Cap'n 1time
May 20th, 2007, 16:36
people this is not impossible emulating takes 6x the prosing power to convert the code but..... if you convert the code to nds code then it will run

Of course, then you have to get the code in the first place... Good luck converting the assembly.

Bomberman10
May 25th, 2007, 15:15
Not unless nintendo makes it themselves. I gave them a great idea. Make Ocarina Of Time DS but add one thing multiplayer/ Online MMORPG sort of thing to it. It would be awesome, you could player the original Ocarina Of Time quest in same n64 graphics. Also, a online/ DS connect n64 quest. It would be awesome. It would sort of be like W.O.W for be just not as vast.

eomund
May 25th, 2007, 16:48
What is with bringing this post back from the dead? Seriously, I think if nintendo wanted to port it out they would have. In some ways they probably wouldn't want to do it so they don't cheapen their best rated game.