PDA

View Full Version : IR Keyboard PSP Quake Released!

wraggster
March 14th, 2007, 01:24
via psphacks (http://www.psp-hacks.com/2007/03/13/ir-keyboard-psp-quake-released/) comes a new modified version of Quake for the PSP.

Wow, this certainly took me by surprise… Due to the overwhelming response rein4ce has received from the IR keyboard supported PSP Quake video, there is a release!

After a few code tweaks, rein4ce has made it available for public consumption! Included are only the PSP Quake binaries, modified with support for the PalmOne IR keyboard, of course. It’s up to you to be resourceful and locate the data files yourself; or if you’re lazy, click here for the shareware version. In fact, it has only been tested with the shareware version (http://www.idsoftware.com/games/quake/quake/index.php?game_section=demo), but it’s likely the full version won’t have any issues. Once you’ve obtained the data files, copy them to the “ID1″ directory under the “Quake” folder.

A few notes…

ok, I tweaked the code so it now supports multiple key input (up to 3 - that’s this keyboards limit) - you can play the game using only keyboard.

you can bind all keys to fit your needs: arrows, control, alt etc.

only Caps Lock as far as I remember does not work

there’s a small bug - rarely if you keep rapidly pressing too many keys at once (5-6) they might get stuck, so it’s requered to press that specific key one more time to unstuck it. however I can’t imagine anyone hitting the keyboard with all their fingers at once :)

Just to clarify — you’re able to use both the PSP controls, as normal, and the IR keyboard simultaneously.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

johnsmith555
March 14th, 2007, 06:30
ns im gonna try it

IM back!
March 14th, 2007, 11:52
good work but i dont see the point

DarthPaul
March 14th, 2007, 11:59
Huh..? Any screens?

Mew
March 14th, 2007, 13:51
need mouse support!! :D

ish420ism
March 14th, 2007, 18:52
????is this cool????
SImon CAbron

pspfan
March 14th, 2007, 23:34
Huh..? Any screens?

Check the psp-hacks link. They posted a video.

wiredforpower
March 14th, 2007, 23:36
Nice, but I'd really love to see a keyboard for the internet browser and other homebrew.

Ennohex
April 10th, 2007, 20:31
Wonder if anyone can use a Logitech PS2 cordless controller as an IR input??

That would kick ass!