PDA

View Full Version : Formatting FAT32

homebase101
March 14th, 2007, 03:29
I just got my m3 lite and passme 3 and when i tried to format my micro chip, it said that it was unable to format, what is the problem?????

Nold
April 1st, 2007, 22:51
Hi,

Thats hard to say...
maybe you had opened a windows wish showed the content of the card or you copied something on the card while trying to format...

It could be so much!

Bye Nold

eomund
April 4th, 2007, 17:57
What OS are you using? If it's Windows XP, it should be pretty easy. First make sure there is nothing on the card (either back it up or just selete it). Then right click the drive and choose format. Once in the format menu, you have a couple of options. First select the proper format I.E. FAT, FAT32, NTFS ect. Also at the bottom you can choose to do a quick or full format. When altering drive types ALWAYS do a full format or it might error out on you (like a 50% chance).

If it's still not letting you do it only one of 2 thing can be wrong. #1 the card maybe corrupt, broken or not making a good connection. #2, There is a little tiny tab on the edge of the card, this little switch is like the ones on the old schoold 3.5" floppies that make it write protected.

I may be somewhat new to the homebrew scene, but I'm good with computers. Generally when it comes to formating disks/drives, there really isn't any grey area.