PDA

View Full Version : Hardhat's Gunnar Hero

Wally
March 14th, 2007, 04:25
Hardhat, one of the many talented coder's has been hard at work on a game called Gunnar Hero which is a clone of Guitar Hero on PS2. This project is almost commercial quality.

This game is quite amazing (Having tried a beta)

Here is a video from youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc4stsQJ79Y

Enjoy!

johnsmith555
March 14th, 2007, 06:31
coll im a gonna try it out when it gets released

Chameleon
March 14th, 2007, 08:02
Not another dance revolution knock off =(

... it does look damn good though

dejkirkby
March 14th, 2007, 08:04
Not another dance revolution knock-off

What need is there for this comment?
FYI it is a homage to Guitar Hero and having watched the video, it looks great!

mr_nick666
March 14th, 2007, 09:12
Ive played a beta and this is a great homebrew :) Just wait and see! :p

shrimpidy
March 14th, 2007, 11:35
I love guitar hero.. This looks considerably slower but that isn't an expectation when creating a great looking game like this. How do the controls for this work?

DarthPaul
March 14th, 2007, 12:01
Dang looks cool. I love GH2 too. I have a clone of it for PC. Lol it's cool. But it stills a little buggy.

PLZKLLME0080
March 14th, 2007, 13:04
the video looks like it's kinda slow.

crypysmoker
March 14th, 2007, 14:05
its looks like it can come out to be a good game..

BUt, the framterate does need a lil boost in speed.. otherwise I do belive there are a alot of songs that will not be in snyc

Zion
March 14th, 2007, 19:38
ive played this (im a good freind of hardhat) and i find these comments unfounded and ignorant.

let me make a few points about this game.

1. The speed is perfect, ive played it. Must be a slow video or something. If it was any faster you would have to be pretty friggin good to play it.

2. Its not a rip off of anything. Its a tribute to guitar hero on the ps2.

3. Ive seen so many of you begging for someone to make a game like this and when they finally do its never good enough.

quit bitching and be gratefull that this man has spent a hell of a lot of his own free time after he finishes work to bring you a game of immense quality (commercial quality in my opinon) for no cost or asking for anything in return.

This is a 3d homebrew masterpiece, be gratefull for it being made

jak66
March 14th, 2007, 19:44
hmmm, can the beta be found on a torrent...lol, jk

cant watch the video yet, so i can comment, but i know someone that would kill for this.

does it use preset songs or can you add custom ones?

mavsman4457
March 14th, 2007, 20:24
This looks like a great piece of homebrew from the video. Hopefully hardhat is very creative and figures out a set of controls that isn't just hitting X, [], A, or O. I think it should be that you hold one of those buttons then to strum you can hit the analog stick or maybe even R. Well anyways it looks awesome and I can't wait to try it out.

Buddy4point0
March 14th, 2007, 20:25
this looks so cool!

jak66
March 14th, 2007, 20:46
This looks like a great piece of homebrew from the video. Hopefully hardhat is very creative and figures out a set of controls that isn't just hitting X, [], A, or O. I think it should be that you hold one of those buttons then to strum you can hit the analog stick or maybe even R. Well anyways it looks awesome and I can't wait to try it out.

The keymap I currently use is: L [] X O R, with strumming on the D-pad or analog stick.

:)

gamerremag
March 14th, 2007, 21:05
remember when i thought of making this? awww, someone beat me to it. :( well, whatever. looks good, but like everygame it does need its improvements :)

futaris
March 23rd, 2007, 21:39
See my post on ps2dev about making a fret controller for this:

http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?p=52320#52320

mavsman4457
March 24th, 2007, 02:28
That is a great idea and it would be so fun to use on PSP. I really hope someone looks into that and makes a nice little guitar for it.

froggie22
March 24th, 2007, 13:24
haha i don't think the maker knows but gunnar means sh*t it aboriginal language in australia. not sure if thats how you spell it but it sounds like it. i never hear the word used coz im not aboriginal... haha

great game but lol i have it and play it quite a bit.. sadly witht the same song coz i cbf making a new one

LilSwish722
March 24th, 2007, 18:57
I can't wait for this game to be released. I love GH2 and I'm glad that I can finally play this for my PSP...YAY!