PDA

View Full Version : Firmware Question, [DA] 2.71 se edition

emule11
March 14th, 2007, 15:02
Hi there chaps,

I have a PSP 1.5 with my homebrew on it.

I don't play many commercial games on it, i prefer homebrew.

Recently i have become a fan on Gitaroo man, and decided to buy it on psp, only to find that i have to upgrade to 2.71 to play it, and lose my homebrew capabilites.

I fiddled around with devook, but couldn't find the dumps, and had some problems.

But then i came across Dark Alex special edition dual booting firmware for 2.71/1.5. Which i am interested in.

I want to install this and run it, just have a question.

If i install and run this dual booting firmware and follow and online guide which i have bookmarked, will all commercial games up to 2.71 work straight away, or will i need some kind of Iso backup images or something.

After the firmware is done, will gitaroo man load up first time, i don't need any kind of Umd back files or images do i?

I just want this to be as straightforward as possible

Any input would be helpful thanks guys

xg917
March 14th, 2007, 15:53
the dual booting is basicly devhook.
go for 3.10 OE or 3.03 OE-C
those custom firmwares made by dark alex can run all homebrew. its basicly 1.50 and 3.XX mixed together in one firmware. so u can do anything that a 1.50 and a 3.XX can do at the same time.

ICE
March 14th, 2007, 15:54
go with 3.03 OE-C. its what i use and every game up to 3.03 works straight away. also you can customize your xmb easier.

emule11
March 14th, 2007, 17:21
Been looking at the guide to install this firmware.

Is there any major difference in 2.71 & 3.03 apart from being able to play more commerical games.

This is the line that concerns me,

To run PSP games you have backed up to your memory stick, place the games in the ISO folder on your PSP

Is this just a nice added option, this dosn't mean that my commerical games will need any back up files or iso's does it??? , wil they just run straight from the UMD?

Thanks again

xg917
March 14th, 2007, 17:28
im downgrading to 1.50 and going up to OE-C now because a plugin that i used to use doesnt work anymore since i updated to 3.10 OE-A and its pissin me off

- 3.03 OE-C -
:capable of running homebrew
:runs all commercial games up to 3.03 games (this is through UMD of course)
:we are not allowed to talk about this but yes you can play your backups <- no further question about this
:if needed, you can use devhook to emulate any firmware out so far

any more questions?

EDITT:

ok i just downgraded and now the plugin that i wanted to use.. WORKS
now i really suggest that u update to 3.03 OE-C it is by far the best firmware

Axelius
March 14th, 2007, 18:42
Hey, you forgot one major advantage of 3.XX OE:
The PSOne-Emulator!!

jak66
March 14th, 2007, 18:47
Been looking at the guide to install this firmware.

Is there any major difference in 2.71 & 3.03 apart from being able to play more commerical games.

This is the line that concerns me,

To run PSP games you have backed up to your memory stick, place the games in the ISO folder on your PSP

Is this just a nice added option, this dosn't mean that my commerical games will need any back up files or iso's does it??? , wil they just run straight from the UMD?

Thanks again

All games will run from UMD on any Dark_AleX custom firmware (Providing the required firmware to play it is low enough). You do not have to back them up to memory stick, but have that option should you ever want to.