PDA

View Full Version : Help Please!!!

venom311
March 14th, 2007, 21:47
Can someone please help me. I've been stuck trying t figure this out for about 3 days and still cant figure it out.

I recently downgraded my psp from 2.80 to 1.50 and now i am trying to install "homers rin 3.2" and when i put the eboot.pbp file in the psp/game folder and try to run it...it says "This game cannot be started. (error # here) "

Could someone please tell me what i have to have and what i have to do to install homers rin 3.2 on my psp v 1.5

And if i am trying to install the wrong program for my firmware could you please direct me to the right direction for a GBC emulator for firmware 1.5.

PLEASE!

ICE
March 14th, 2007, 21:51
psp
-game
--rin
---eboot

there should be a rin(or something) and a rin%. they both go in games. if theres only the first it has to be kxploited.

xg917
March 14th, 2007, 21:52
i dont understand what you are doing wrong.. but heres a tip that might help since OE can play 1.0 homebrew as well. i used to have a problem with rin as well and i got tired and just decided to download the 1.0 eboot of it and it worked. but only works on 1.00 psps and OE psps

try updating to 3.03 OE-C first

venom311
March 14th, 2007, 21:57
the files that come with the homers rin zip are:

BACKGROUND
CHEAT
CONFIG
ROMS
SAVE
EBOOT.PBP

Thats it, do i have to add a couple of files or somthing?

jak66
March 14th, 2007, 21:57
psp
-game
--rin
---eboot

almost right (Actually, now I read your post, you did mention rin%, me stoopid)

ms0:/ (Also called memory stick root)
|-PSP/
--|-GAME/
----|-RIN%/
----|--|-EBOOT.PBP
----|-RIN/
-------|-EBOOT.PBP

regular firmware 1.50 requires homebrew to be kxploited (google it!)
upgrading to a custom firmware (even if only a custom 1.50 firmware) removes te need for kxploiting homebrew

xg917
March 14th, 2007, 22:00
the files that come with the homers rin zip are:

BACKGROUND
CHEAT
CONFIG
ROMS
SAVE
EBOOT.PBP

Thats it, do i have to add a couple of files or somthing?

no, i see what is rong there. you have the 1.0 version of the emulator. now what you should to is go to 3.03 OE-C to play. or just kxploit/pspbrew it if u want to stay at 1.50

i suggest 3.03OEC tho..

ICE
March 14th, 2007, 22:29
kxploit away!!

venom311
March 14th, 2007, 22:31
almost right (Actually, now I read your post, you did mention rin%, me stoopid)

ms0:/ (Also called memory stick root)
|-PSP/
--|-GAME/
----|-RIN%/
----|--|-EBOOT.PBP
----|-RIN/
-------|-EBOOT.PBP

regular firmware 1.50 requires homebrew to be kxploited (google it!)
upgrading to a custom firmware (even if only a custom 1.50 firmware) removes te need for kxploiting homebrew

ok im sorry im sort of a noob, so i have to make the folders RIN% and RIN inside of the PSP/GAME/ folder and place that one EBOOT.PBP file on both RIN & RIN%?

But before i doo all that i have to use kxploted? i searched google for it and coudlnt find the downlaod.

ICE
March 14th, 2007, 22:34
ok no. just upload the eboot pbp and one of us will kxploit it for ya and give it back.

venom311
March 14th, 2007, 22:43
ok i uploaded it at mega uploads

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G2QXPMKR

venom311
March 14th, 2007, 23:21
nvm i found a good tut and download, ty very much everyone, i appreciate all ur help.

for future reference i used this tut and download

http://www.psp-hacks.com/psp-kxploit-howto.php

xg917
March 14th, 2007, 23:36
y not go to 3.03 OE-C?... you wont need to Kxploit anything. and u have more things to do on it. then u wont have to use devhook for anything